Moosed Up  (Wild Men of Alaska, #2)

Moosed Up (Wild Men of Alaska #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  558 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Stay out of the woods...the moose are loose and the men are hungry.

Nurse Practitioner Eva Stuart’s life is messed-up. She found her fiancé in bed with her best friend Jeremy, which has killed her confidence as a desirable woman and brought her judgment into question when it comes to men. Needing a change of scenery, she leaves Cincinnati behind for the wilds of Alaska and...more
ebook
Published April 20th 2012 by Story Vault (first published April 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Moosed Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moosed Up

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-SmithMoosed Up by Tiffinie HelmerWhat's Behind Your Belly Button? A Psychological Perspective ... by Martha Char LoveOnce Upon a Road Trip by Angela N. BlountI am a Pole by Stephen Colbert
Well-suited Book Covers
2nd out of 80 books — 62 voters
Kiss of the Betrayer by Boone BruxHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickShield of Fire by Boone BruxTouched by the Magic by Maxine MansfieldSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Gorgeous Book Covers
78th out of 363 books — 253 voters

More lists with this book...

KatLynne
I was caught off guard recently and found myself sitting in a waiting room with nothing to read. No Kindle or iPad and then I remembered I had downloaded this freebie onto my iPhone and I'm so glad I did:)!

I immediately was laughing at the heroine, Eva, and the predicament she found herself in. A NP, she's running from heartache and has taken a job in the small, remote village of Chatanika, Alaska. Coming from Cincinnati, cultural shock is an understatement.

Soon, she's being chased by Bulwinkl...more
♡Karlyn P♡
4.5 stars. Cute humorous romance set in Alaska, with enough steam to keep you nice and warm.
Katrina
Within the first few pages I was giggling with this story.

It's witty, humorous, has wonderfully delivered characters and had me intrigued with the beautiful and deadly Alaskan country that Tiffinie has put forth.

I'm not sure how many times I was snickering to myself in bed. Tiffinie has entwined humour, and suspense throughout this romance, as well as a smokin hot bedroom scene that will surely melt those ice caps of those Alaskan mountain tops.

The romance was smokin - ** waggles eyebrows **...more
Janet Juengling-Snell
After reading Impact, the first book in this series, I had to follow up with Moosed Up! And I’m so glad I did. This book was hilariously witty!! I found myself either smiling or softly snickering while I was reading.

The other thing that I noticed, while this was the 2nd book in the Wild Men of Alaska, these books a stand-alone books….the only thing that connects this series is the fact that they take place in Alaska and the men are smoking HOT!!!

Same as the first book, Tiffinie Helmer ,once a...more
Kelly
I'm reading the books in this series all out of order but I kinda, sorta find myself loving them. This time around we get a spritely nurse who's trying to outrun her problems and a mountain of a man with an affinity for animals and a town full of family. In fact, I liked this one so much that I downloaded it for my mom when her back was turned. I'm certain she'll thank me for it later!

Everything about this book works for me. The small town. The sometimes clueless, always sexy male. The matchmaki...more
Kerrigan Byrne
I bought Tiffinie Helmer's other release, Impact, and LOVED it... This one looked different but I tried it because I pretty much decided I would read WHATEVER this author put out there. Can I tell you I am SO glad I did! This book is laugh-out-loud hilarious and probably has one of the best love scenes I've ever been privileged enough to read. And, true to form, Ms. Helmer made me fall in love with the beautiful and dangerous wilds of Alaska while bringing me to deeply care about the characters....more
Silverana
I’m glad I gave Tiffinie Helmer’s books a chance, despite not liking the first one in this series. I’ve realized that all of the characters seem to have an awkwardness to them that the reader can feel mostly near the beginning. But overlooking that is very easy since the rest of the plot is definitely worth reading. There is humor, fun dialogue, and a minor uncanniness in the story. Can’t wait to read more from the author!
Paris        (kerbytejas)
This is my first Tiffinie Helmer book. I have others and plan to read them also. I really enjoyed this short and sweet romance. It was refreshing to have some conflict that didn't involved "damaged" people, a huge misunderstanding, a naive young girl and wealthy men - just a couple taking a chance with each other, and some sexual tension that was resolved in a fashion that fit the story well
Theresa
Up, Up, and Away!! Soaring Read! I loved this introduction to Chatanika, Alaska! This is part of the Wild Men of Alaska box set and is the prequel to Shiver, which comes out soon! The story was quick to read about 110 pages - but was full of comedy, romance, and poaching! And now a bit about the story...

Eva has had it with men! She just lost her best friend to her fiance - she knew he wasn't awesome in bed, but she had never realized he was gay! What was worse than kicking the no good cheating f...more
Rainbowblu
Imagine a moose walking out of the woods with a lacy bra hooked in his huge antlers! Imagine a cute curvy girl trying anything to get her bra back without getting killed! And imagine the sexiest guy coming to the rescue using his inherited powers to talk with the wild moose!

Eva, a nurse whose heart was broken runs away to Alaska to escape life and men in general. But one can never run away, because you’ll bump into whatever you are escaping. Lynx is ready to conquer Eva’s heart just like he has...more
Kim
What initially drew me to Moosed Up is the setting. I much prefer non-urban story settings, and Alaska definitely meets that requirement. I was pleasantly surprised when the characters revealed themselves to be just as entertaining!

Eva is a woman who has moved to a small town in Alaska to nurse her heart back to health after finding out her husband is gay. Lynx is the wildlife officer in the same town- one where non-relation women of a dating age are scarce. From their first meeting, the reader...more
Sassafrass
This was a cute one!

This was a cute one. Had a little more meat to it than IMPACT which was the first in the series. I really liked all the characters in this one. Eva and Lynx were well-matched, the people of the town made me chuckle, and I hope to see more of them.

I don't know if that's going to happen because although MOOSED UP is the second in the Wild Men of Alaska series, it really didn't have anything to do with the first book other than the fact they were both set in Alaska.

No matter, I...more
Elizabeth Krall
This lighthearted romance is nicely written. The main characters are believable and distinct, and I like the way their squabbling is at odds with their attraction to each other. You know the attraction is going to win in the end! The author’s love for Alaska comes through in all the descriptions of the town and the bush. It’s not very long, and I read in one enjoyable evening. The sex is more explicit than I like to read, but that is just my personal preference.
Wendy Hales
Any book that has me giggling my a** off in the first three pages deserves a 5 star review. I loved this story. Eva is completely in over her head, coming off a 'bad relationship' hangover with a move to of all places, Alaska. Lynx makes me drool like an old lady looking for her teeth and the Moose ruining Eva 'reputation' is priceless! Would I recommend this book? Um yea! I'd scream that recommendation on a rooftop swinging a lavender bra over my head.
A.R. Von
My first time reading anything from this author. I found the story to be very entertaining. It's different, funny and has some great characters. I ADORE BW for reasons anyone that reads this will understand.
My only complaint is I feel as if the ending was very rushed. Compared to the way the story flowed it was...not enough. I was left wanting more and found myself curious as to if/how the relationship worked out.
Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur )
I haven't been able to figure out why everyone likes this book so much. After reading the reviews I thought this would be a quick, fun read. I was disappointed. I didn't connect with any of the characters and the steam factor between the two main characters was just meh? to me. Oh well, to each his own. I wouldn't recommend it but, apparently I am in the minority here.
Pat Amsden
If you like Janet Evanovich and Northern Exposure you'll like this book. Eve is a nurse practitioner who's come to Alaska after losing her boyfriend to another man. With a moose on the loose decked out in Eve's bra and a hunky forest ranger who just might be able to talk to animals this book has great characters, humour and mystery. To me that's a great combination.
This was a fun read with alot of adventure,loved both characters Eva was the Independent keep her guard up person because of past history but lynx broke that down.Loved the action with the moose..did make me chuckle in places with the underwear incident.overall tho a very sweet love story with plenty of adventure loved it ;)oh a some hot sex thrown in.;)
Kristen
This was a good, quick read. I liked that it had action along with the romance story and a nice sex scene. The only thing I didn't like was the "secret" he had was revealed at the very end and the author didn't delve very deeply into the subject even though it seemed like she had been building up to the revalation for a good portion of the book.
Mikki Kells
I loved this book! It is funny, witty, sexy and everything in between. If you need a pick me up and a good time this is where you should start. I read Tiffinie's previous book Impact and love it too. I can't wait to see what else this author will publish. She is one to watch.
Jude Bown
I was completely transported to a small town in Alaska. This story is sassy, sensual and hard to put down. Tiffinie has really nailed Alaskan adventure with humor and style. Don your purple bra...this is a must read.
Morgan
Tiffinie knows Alaska as few authors do. Her settings, characters and situations are dead-on authentic.

If you want to know more about the real Alaska, read her Wild Men of Alaska series.
Leeanne
Very fun fast read. Made me want to read more by this author. Thanks Tiffinie Helmer for such a fun laugh outloud book! Now off to download another :)
Jackie
Hilariously witty!! Love the Alaskan setting and the wild man ..... can't wait to read more of her books.
Guilty Pleasures
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

My husband found this book and sent me the link, after reading the synopsis I had to read it. First off, hello the series is called Wild Men of Alaska. Secondly, it sounded a little Northern Exposure(ish) and I still watch that show thanks of my DVD collection. Then I read the first chapter and it was a must…the heroine, Eva Stuart, is a nurse practitioner in a small Alaskan village. She’s the only medical personnel there. When we were...more
Jessica
I downloaded this book as an Amazon freebie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A light and fun read, Moosed Up was just what I needed for an evening read. I appreciated the homour that was present throughout the story and I'm not going to lie, BW was my favourite character. I'm not from Alaska, but living in rural Canada I can certainly relate to certain aspect of Alaskan life; my universty had signs all over campus warning students to be aware of bears and moose and there were frequent sightings of b...more
Tamara
Want a hilarious look at the beautiful Alaskan wilderness and some hot loving? Moosed Up is the book for you!
When nurse practitioner, Eva Stuart gets chased up a tree by "bullwinkle" her knight in shining armor, Linx fails to save her beautiful fanny, but he does stitch it up. That should count for something, right?
Moosed up has it all, action, humor, suspense and heat. Psycho poachers on the loose complicate the romance between Eva and Linx, but love always finds a way to prevail.
I loved Eva!...more
Sobia
May 22, 2013 Sobia added it

3 stars.
Cute story, a little longer then a novella, set in Alaska, which was cool, but could have been more so, if the author explored it a little more. And I usually don't like an excess of secondary characters running around, but I couldn't help but feel like we get gypped in that department....we get intro'd to a few characters but we don't really get to know any one in the town...and we don't get that small town feeling that I think we were supposed to. Oh and there's a secondary plot...tha...more
Dawn Sullivan
After reading Impact I had to continue reading Tiffinie's books. Tiffinie's writing makes me want to take a trip to Alaska to see all the wonderful things it has to offer that we get to read about in her books. The details are vivid, really making you feel as if you are in the story.

Oh wow does the title fit this wonderful story. This story was packed with everything you could possibly want when reading romance.
Smoking hot passion between Lynx and Eva. I loved how their relationship grew as th...more
Julie Burns
Oh that was a fun read.
Loved the interaction between the main characters.
And I adored the scenes with the moose
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2)
  • Fire and Ice (All Fired Up, #2.5)
  • Unlocked (Forbidden Fruit, #2)
  • Lawless (Aspen, #2)
  • Hope Breaks
  • Bringing Down Sam
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Love on the Line (The Line, #1)
  • Dearly Beloved (Vampire Assassin League, #3)
  • Just Good Friends (Escape to New Zealand, #2)
  • Joyfully Yours
  • Leashed (Going to the Dogs, #1)
  • Smooth Irish (Weldon, #2)
  • Guardian Agent (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • Burning Love (Hell Yeah! Cajun Style, #1) (Hell Yeah!, #6)
  • Guns 'N' Tulips (Short Story)
  • Daring the Wild Sparks (Wild Sparks, #2)
USA Today Bestselling Author Tiffinie Helmer is always up for a gripping adventure. Raised in Alaska, she was dragged 'Outside' by her husband, but escapes the lower forty-eight to spend her summers commercial fishing on the Bering Sea.

A mother of four, Tiffinie divides her time between enjoying her family, throwing her acclaimed pottery, and writing of flawed characters in unique and severe situa...more
More about Tiffinie Helmer...
Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4) Impact  (Wild Men of Alaska, #1) Dreamweaver (Wild Men of Alaska, #3) Hooked (Romance on the Edge, #2) Edge (Romance on the Edge, #1)