Start by marking “Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries, #2)

Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  802 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Loki is controlled by the Queen through his Dreamhunter's Fleece, and he's now Snow White's enemy. No one's sure what the Queen of Sorrow wants to do next, and what her plans with Sorrow are.
In another Dreamory, they learn who Cinderella really is, where she came from, her relationship with Snow, and what historical period she'd affected with what she calls the Forbidden A
Paperback, 1st Edition, 300 pages
Published August 12th 2013 by Akmal Eldin Farouk Ali Shebl (first published December 24th 2012)

Michelle  (Crazy Cat Lady)
May contain mild spoilers!

First, anyone heard the rhyme that people jump rope to, the one that that starts off "Cinderella dressed in yellow (yella)"... ? It existed a long time before the title Anna Dressed in Blood; the title of this book is obviously taken from the rhyme, being a novel about Cinderella and all.

8/7/13: OMG! It has a cover! Yay! I want it! :)

8/15: I got my copy today!!

Original Review:
OK. I LOVED this book! It was better than the first (which was still pretty good), and more in
May 17, 2015 inactive marked it as maybe-read
Shelves: fantasy
If Snow White Sorrow didn't sound like Anna Dressed in Blood, this one definitely does.

Hořela hruška, hořela, rozfajrovaná do běla. - Noc v osamělém říjnu

Tímto citátem bych ráda vyjádřila jak horkou byla tahle kniha jízdou.
It was wrong on so many levels.
A stejně jsem se od toho nemohla odtrhnout, i když jsem někde narazila na hrubku, podivnou metaforu nebo jinou stylistickou neobratnost. Taky moc nepobírám, jak jde dohromady Cinderella dressed in ashes s prequelem Ashes to ashes, cinder to cinder. Něco je tam stejný, ale jsou tam věci co mi neštimují nebo je nechápu.
Sněhurka mi
The release date says December 2012 did it mean 2013?

This is my first review so please dont be to harsh
Update :)

I finished the book today a couple hours ago actually and my mind is still reeling. This book was very amazing and different in the way that the author gives you a puzzle you have to figure out on your own. I love this book very original and left me wanting more. I love the fairy tales and historical and urban legends tie in. The way Sorrow is described it makes you feel like it could
Actually 3.75 stars

Building on the foundation laid in Snow White Sorrow this sophomore effort is just as divisive in the synopsis but is a less silly and humorous outing. The story also fits the key events in seamlessly and begins with Queen of Sorrow attempting to slyly get information from the children of Hamlin by pretending to be sent by Charmwill.

I liked this outing a bit better probably because of the lack of silliness. Also the continuation of the story was a winner for this reader. Getti
This one was

Mostly because the larger part of the book took place in the dreamworld. I didn't like getting glimpses of the real world with Axel and Fable, those two just got me pissed whenever they appeared. However, the dreamworld part with Shew, Cerene, Snow queen and every other danger was so awesome that I can't but give it a very deserving 5 stars.

I absolutely looooooove Cerene. I like Shew better now after getting her POV and knowing how strong she is. Loki as usual was annoying like hell
~ A beautifully twisted fairytale! ~ Cameron Jace's 2nd book in the series did not disappoint! I really enjoyed getting to know Snow White better in this book, and the feel of the story reminded me a lot of the "prequels" which for me, are darker than the first book of the main series. The writing is witty, fresh, and clearly well-researched to blend fact and fiction (and fairytale of course) into a fantasy novel that I believe adults that enjoy YA fiction will find a worthwhile read. Looking fo ...more
This book was very well-researched and had interesting ideas. Characters-especially Cerene-were intriguing. However, i have serious problems.
1. Dialogue is completely annoying.
2. Is this kingdom so small?
3.I couldn't properly connect to Shew.
4. Cerene was sometimes really strange.
5. Cerene's process of making glass. While description is clever and lovely, all those things she needs are ridiculously hard to get.
6. Alex and Fable's chapters were pure exposition, and 2 annoyed me.
What could have been a quick read took longer. There were so many parts that were too descriptive and slow that it struggled to hold my attention.

The dialogues are still as juvenile and painful to read as 'Snow White Sorrow'. Especially Loki's, he was still as childish, cliché and cheesy as he was in Snow White Sorrow.

"Stop talking and fight like a man!" Shew shouted.

"How about we fist fight in the mud instead of using swords?" Loki said playfully, "This way we could get to know each other bette
Cinderella Dressed in Ashes by Cameron Jace, is the perfect sequel to Snow White Sorrow. Not only does it begin where Snow ended, but it continues the saga in a way it could lead to the next book! Sometimes a sequel can be read as a standalone, this is NOT one of them. The characters, scenes and events require prior knowledge that was set up in the first book.

This "episode" begins with Snow waiting at Schloss for Loki to return to her. He does. He does with the full intent of killing her, foreve
Wow, while a little slow going, and while I'm still wondering how I feel about Cerene, this was still awesome. I think the ending was the best, finally figuring out what Loki's pendant says, who Charmwell is...such a great way to end a story.
I do feel like there wasn't too much going on in here, since Cinderella is so many people I feel like maybe focusing on only Cerene wasted some potential. This could just be me hoping this isn't how she's always going to be/act, since I'm not overly fond of
Bambi Coppler
I love love love these books however this book for than the others had serious grammatical issues! It was to the point of frustration. That aside, again the author leaves you on a cliff hanger demanding more! It's a well done series thus far and I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
I am totally enjoying this series! I have fell I love with the characters and can't wait to finish the entire series! I start them and immediately find myself engrossed in their world.
Aug 26, 2013 Tori added it
I loved it! The author had to have researched a lot to be able to connect history and stories in this tale. You will never look at fairy tales or the world the same way again.
Once again, Cameron Jace shows what an amazing storyteller he is. The amount of research in these books is incredible. He manages to shed a new light on nearly every fairy tale there is and bring them all together in a unique and fascinating way. I loved Cerene's character in this book and the number of times the Queen makes an appearance. She has always been a favorite of mine. :) I was a tiny bit worried that I wouldn't enjoy this book as much because I didn't love the Cinderella prequel as mu ...more
I enjoyed this one much more than I did the first full length novel in this series. I knew I just had to stick with them! This one seemed more in line to the diary prequels to me. It is great seeing some more of the characters we knew and loved in the prequels come to life in this second novel. I also thought characters grew tremendously compared to the first novel. I never doubted Mr. Jace!! He is an excellent story-teller.

I absolutely loved Cerene. She has a bit of mystery to her and it is so
{my thoughts} - This book’s primary focus is on Snow White and Cinderella. I am in awe at how well thought out all of these books are: the prequels included. I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait to dig into the next set of prequels.

Loki, Fable, Axel and Snow White all come back in this book. The primary focus is about a dream that is taking place in which Snow White and Loki appear to be trapped. Fable and Axel do a ton of research in which they are trying to discover a means in which they
If you're not reading this series then there's something wrong with you ;). This book keeps you locked in, gives you emotions towards everything happening and about every character, and just puts in this fantasy world that is just amazing. The concept of fairy tales and real life events are written awesomely. It's just a great series. If you're not sure then read the first set of prequels. You'll get hooked instantly and understand what everyone is talking about.
I am not the best person to write a review.. I like what I like and I do not really know why or how to put it into words. However, I LOVE Cameron Jace. I am in love with his writing and how he portrays the characters. The development of Shew, Cerene', The Queen, Axel and Fable in this book is wonderful. Devoured the book in about 5 days.. I put projects on hold to read this book(Don't tell my boss). The ending is wonderful such a surprise and I love the twist of trying to figure out what Loki's ...more
Bonny Paz
As much as I enjoyed the first book in the series, this one was badass! I loved how it was darker than the first and the flow was great! I loved how the story progressed. I don't know what I was thinking after the first book was over. I guess I assumed that it would be a totally different story. The way it continued the first book was brilliant. I can't wait for the third installment. Now I am moving onto Insanity. Cameron Jace is beginning to find a place in my imagination with his well thought ...more
Mandy Magill
I am really enjoying these stories, I would rate them higher except it seems that towards the end the characters begin to repeat everything over and over in an annoying fashion.

Other than that the stories are fun to read and the twists and turns are exciting. all the suspense makes it hard to put the book down for a break because I want to find out more about Snow White's past and her "Lost Seven" that have pieces of her heart.
Loki is again under the control of the evil Queen. He stakes Snow White again and takes her into the Dreamworld. There Snow White finds out about a part of her life that has been wiped from her memory. Including her friend the little Cinder girl, who plays a huge part in the past and future of the world. You cannot help but love this series.
Tabatha Roumillat
Another incredible read. Cameron Jace did not disappoint. His innovative take on the fairytales (the ones we all think we know) will spark your imagination. I absolutely adore his writing style and have fallen in love with the characters. This series definitely leads the reader to try to figure out what will happen next.
Again, love the characters and the story-line! Great concepts, good descriptions, good use of fairy tales. I just really wish Jace had a few people edit the book before releasing it. The errors and inconsistencies were incredibly distracting.
Frances Shellings
So many twists!

Love the way this shows how fairytales overlapped the same story from different names for the same person.Shew comes into her own realizing she only needs herself to save her.
Annemarie Manning
Fantastic read. Kept me interested and at times I slept late cause i couldnt turn my kindle off :) I got to the end last night and i was like what will i do now? Can't wait till the next one, i am hungry for more.
Ashley Poteet

This book, along with the others before this has been such an amazing journey thus far! I absolutely love Cameron Jace and his fantastic retellings of these fairytales!
Trixie Mcbimbo
The pictures were missing from the e-book I downloaded, and there are a lot of typos that were overlooked towards the end of the book, as if the author was doing a rush job to get the book published and didn't take the time to have it revised properly. I'm not a grammar Nazi in the slightest, but as a writer myself I got turned off quite a bit because I felt like I was a teacher grading a paper. Quality over quantity next time, please, even if it means fans have to wait.
Carol Fitzsimons
Like other books by Cameron Jace Cinderella Dressed in Ashes is quirky, fun and again to the left of normal. The story line is very creative and right from the start I was hooked. I have already pre-ordered Blood, Milk, & Chocolate which is the next book in the Grimm Diaries series.
Alyssa Droghei

These books just keep getting better and better! Absolutely LOVE all the twists and turns they have!!! Can't wait to get started on the third!
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales, #2)
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • The Unmasking of Cinderella (Enchanted Fairytales, #4)
  • What I've Done
  • Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)
  • Snow White (Faerie Tale Collection, #7)
  • Beauty
  • Hansel and Gretel Are Dead (Zombie Fairy Tales #2)
  • A White So Red
  • Dream Lover
  • Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)
  • The Fairest of Them All
  • All's Fair in Vanity's War (The Seer's Seven Deadly Fairy Tales, #1)
  • Scarlet in the Snow
Cameron Jace is bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A graduate of the college of Architecture, collector of out-of-print books, and obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Three of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2013 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California with his girlfr ...more
More about Cameron Jace...

The Grimm Diaries (4 books)
  • Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate - Part One (The Grimm Diaries, #3)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate - Part Two (The Grimm Diaries, #4)
Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1) Grimm Diaries Prequels: Snow White Blood Red, Ashes to Ashes & Cinder to Cinder, Beauty Never Dies, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, Mary Mary Quite Contrary, Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #1- #6) Insanity (Mad in Wonderland) (Insanity #1) Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder  (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #2) Beauty Never Dies (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #3)

“Ashley burned down the school, smeared in the ashes of her sisters, with a that tattoo on her arm saying, 'I am a pleasure to burn.” 6 likes