Start by marking “Mentiras no paraíso” as Want to Read:
Mentiras no paraíso

Mentiras no paraíso

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  328 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Aquele homem era a tentação personificada...

Amy Shannon tinha uma missão e um plano que, em São Francisco, lhe pareceu muito fácil de executar. Contudo, chegada ao seu destino, uma ilha, percebeu que nada seria assim tão fácil. Conheceu Jase Lassiter num bar imundo, chamado The Serpent, cujo nome devia ter-lhe servido de aviso.
Jase distraiu-a do seu objectivo, oferecendo-l
Mass Market Paperback, large print, 318 pages
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Mentiras no paraíso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mentiras no paraíso

Jessica
I'm positive I've read this before, but the only things that seemed familiar are scenes that I'm pretty sure got reworked in other books (A Coral Kiss, in particular) -- I didn't even remember the (view spoiler) and that's not a common JAK trope!

The beginning was pretty horrible and there were some uncomfortable domestic abuse jokes (common at the time, but shudder). Otherwise, a pretty fun old school JAK.
Libbie Buchele
Oct 16, 2015 Libbie Buchele rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
This was pretty darn stupid. Jase is obnoxious and displays stalker behavior; Amy is wimpy and acquiescent, agreeing all too readily to spend the day with a stranger because she "couldn't find an excuse." Even for an early 80s book, her behavior seems unreal, and Jase seems like he should have been sent to his room without supper. He assumes it's OK to accost a woman at a bar because "she doesn't belong there," and then makes incredibly crude remarks about her profession. Yuk. I need a bath.

It's
Lesley Book Lover
An older book from Jayne Ann Krentz, but I saw it in the library, and really enjoyed it.
Willow Brook
Originally published in 1983, this is the first Krentz I ever read. It is dated, with some very cheesy dialogue, and silly relationship conflicts (I forgot the h was so down on all men because her dad abandoned her family when she was young). Still, if you like Krentz and enjoy old school, politically ancient romances, this still a fast, fun read.
Jul 19, 2011 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can tell this is one of the author's earlier works. The characters don't seem to be fully developed, and make odd decisions. The plot-line is never completely explained either. However, the romance factor is great, as it almost always is in her books. Worth reading, but I'd pick one of her newer books first if you've never read anything by her.
Miss
Dec 04, 2008 Miss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
(late review) I like Jayne Ann Krentz because she knows how to build up the characters right from the start. I loved how to could envision the bar, the owner, the sort of skittish tourist. She described everything so that you wanted to read more and the more you read the more you were intrigued. Another grade A plus read.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Even after all these years, I still have fond memories of this story. For some reason, Ms. Krentz just did it for me. Her books aren't erotic, they are sweet and romantic. This one, the man is frustrating as always. I want to beat him. The female character is sassy. Enjoyable.
Farah
Feb 28, 2014 Farah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books, grandma-era
A classic Stephanie James book , Jase is controlling , arrogant and demanding. Amy's all no no no yes yes yes with big fat TSTL moments and still it was fun to read , I'm starting to think I have an inner 80's woman hiding somewhere
Maria
Published in 1983, this book is surprisingly good for such an early Jayne Ann Krentz. It has the plot, dialogue, and character description of her later books, but perhaps not the humor and complexity. Definitely a good read, however.
Cam
Jan 09, 2009 Cam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Have to admit, the relationship between the two characters was ridiculously fast moving and I only read half the book cause I just couldn't invest in the romance or the plot, which even at halfway I still didn't know where it was going.
Filipa
É um livro leve, para se ler numa tarde de verão.
Lê-se bem, tem uma escrita fluída.
Uma história vulgar, mas com um bom final. E boas personagens. Podiam ter sido melhor exploradas, no entanto.
E_bookpushers
Again Old School fun times. Heroine thrives on TSTL moments. Guy is overbearing protective and determined. Enjoyed reading it :).
Sharon Sherman
A good read as always from Krentz
Hayati
Jun 26, 2010 Hayati rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was boring book, ever!
Ewa
Sep 01, 2013 Ewa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, my-own
3,5 stars
Brenda Fronsee
Jun 17, 2013 Brenda Fronsee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
romantic
Maggie
Maggie added it
Feb 07, 2016
Helen Smith
Helen Smith rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Janetmcpherson
Janetmcpherson marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Spazkat
Spazkat rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 31, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
DIAN
DIAN rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Yvette
Yvette is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2016
  • A Man's Protection
  • Man with a Past
The author of over 50 consecutive New York Times bestsellers, JAYNE ANN KRENTZ writes romantic-suspense in three different worlds: Contemporary (as Jayne Ann Krentz), historical (as Amanda Quick) and futuristic (as Jayne Castle). There are over 30 million copies of her books in print.

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Santa Cruz and went on to obtain a Masters degre
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...