4.76 of 5 stars 4.76  ·  rating details  ·  858 ratings  ·  136 reviews

To be patient with ourselves
To distinguish between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
To be happy now
To focus on the “why” of the gospel
To know that the Lord loves each of us infinitely.
Hardcover, 1, 56 pages
Published April 13th 2012 by Deseret Book (first published 2012)

The Book of Mormon by MormonJesus the Christ by James E. TalmageHoly Bible by AnonymousStanding for Something by Gordon B. HinckleyThe Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball
Best LDS non-fiction
110th out of 170 books — 205 voters
Forget Me Not by Dieter F. UchtdorfWhen Times Are Tough by John BythewayFoster Fox by William D. WriterHow to Have Peace When You're Falling to Pieces by Rebeca RodeHead Start with the Book of Mormon by Vicki Lynn Rasmussen
LDS Parenting
1st out of 16 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

LeeAnn
Tis is such a sweet message for everyone to remember, but he geared this especially to women. I think women need to be reminded the very most of how important and special they are to our Father in Heaven. My mother sent this to me and then I got the e-book so I always have it with me. It is one of the few that I have both ways.

One of my most favorite quotes from this talk/book is this:

"While understanding the what and the how of the gospel is necessary, the eternal fire and majesty of the gospe...more
Verona
What a sweet, small book! I read this book when President Uchtdorf gave it as a published talk in our church's Ensign magazine. This version was lovely with the illustrations of Forget Me Not flowers on the chapter heading pages. The message was the same with or without the little flower reminders. The tone of this book was very uplifting and encouraging to women. He tells us 5 things never to forget:
1-to be patient with yourself
2-the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
3...more
Jinky
Another General Conference talk (Oct. 2011) prettied up and made into a book by this author. You can read the original discourse HERE or purchase it for free HERE for your Kindle.

Thiscounsel I greatly enjoyed. I like how Pres. Uchtdorf premised this talk telling of the Germanlegend of how this beautiful flower got it's name "...just as God had finished naming all the plants, one was left unnamed. A tiny voice spoke out, “Forget me not, O Lord!” And God replied that this would be its name." and...more
Katrina
This book was sent to me via a wonderful friend. Im so glad that she did as I have read it and found it very uplifting. A book that can be read more than once when your feeling like you need a little inspiration and a story filled with alot of reminders and a message written within the pages.

An uplifting book to read when you feeling like you need a little faith in yourself. For all that you do .. Always remember to not Forget not to be happy now !!!

Thank you to my wonderful friend ** kath ** wh...more
Catherine
This book is a talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the latest general Relief Society meeting. The forget me not flower is symbolic of five things that we should never forget. My favorite is "forget not to be patient with yourself". That is something I constantly need to be reminded of. President Uchtdorf gives wonderful talks, and this has been one of my all time favorite talks. The book is so pretty, too. The pictures of forget me not flowers are gorgeous. I recommend this book for an...more
Tim
I know that this talk was intended originally or women but if you substitute the feminine words for masculine ones then this talk is equally as relevant to men lol. President Uchtdorf is such an amazing man. This talk is warming, uplifting and down right inspiring :)
Jamie Cottle
I heard this talk in general conference and loved it. Then was given this book as a gift from my mom and read it and loved it ! This is definetely one of those talks that need to be read regularly so we do not forget how wonderful, unique and special we women are!
Bridget
President Uchtdorf always has good counsel to share. My 8 year old happened to come in while I was reading this and read the whole book along with me. That will be a cherished memory for this mom.
Chantae
Absolutely love this book.
Greg
Forget Me Not is one of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talks, from the October 2011 Semi-Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was later reproduced as a small booklet and as a Kindle single. Some of my favorite quotes from his talk included:

1. "God wants to help us to eventually turn all of our weaknesses into strengths, but He knows that this is a long-term goal. He wants us to become perfect, and if we stay on the path of discipleship, one day we will...more
Kimberly
What is there is to say about President Uchtdorf that has not already been said. In this small and simple book of 5 of the greatest truths of life President Uchtdorf reminds woman just how important they are. He presents these 5 great importances us as the petal of the forget-me-not flower, like the little flower he reminds us that God is always with us, he never forgets us. In our struggles he is standing by our side.

This is a very short book, but the words throughout it are clearly meant to h...more
Kate
I remember when President Uchtdorf gave this talk to the sisters of the Church. It had a great impact on my life at that point, and I have never looked at forget-me-nots again without remembering that talk. I am so grateful that the talk has now been printed in book format, with beautiful pictures of that small and sweet flower. Reading it has reminded me again how precious I am as a daughter of God!
Heidi
Jul 08, 2012 Heidi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
This book is "just" Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from October 2011's Relief Society session of General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints bound into a pretty little volume with beautiful pictures. I had to buy a copy so that when I'm starting to feel down on myself I can pick it up and remind myself that God will never forget me or the value that I have. I believe that anyone who is Christian and occasionally (or frequently) struggles with self-esteem would benefit...more
LaVona Jaquith
Forget Me Not

This book "Forget Me Not" is very inspirational to me, and is written so that I can understand it. The way the little Flower "Forget Me Not" is explained, and relating to me, made me feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father. Thank you President Uchtdorf for taking time out of your busy schedule to write and explain the Gospel to me through your writing.

Steve
This is a super quick read directed toward women who may seek a simple reminder of who they are and that they have a Father in Heaven who loves them. Not being a woman, I still found this book to be a refreshing tidbit from a man who has an incredible ability to communicate effectively without many words.

I have heard Uchtdorf speak many times and have enjoyed and appreciated his words each time. I jumped at the chance to read this book and was not disappointed in the least.
BCMUnlimited
See official review: http://www.bookscompletemeunlimited.c...

I loved the simpleness of this book. Every woman needs to remember to be patient with ourselves and to distinguish between a good and foolish sacrifice. Not to mention to be happy now and that we are loved. This is a short book, it was originally given in the LDS general confrence for Relief Society, but it can speak to any woman. Sometimes, as I know I do, we forget why we're doing what we're doing. We forget ourselves and focus on e...more
Tony
This book was really a talk turned into a book. I found the message powerful, and really needed to hear it at the time I read it. We all need to be reminded from time-to-time that we have not been forgotten. I would recommend this to anyone needing a pick-me-up.
Ryceejo
Mar 14, 2014 Ryceejo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: lds
Beautiful talk put to an amazing illustration. Great gift idea for Mother's Day!
Dawn
A beautiful book both the narrative and the pictures. Absolutely unbelievable that you can download it free from Amazon.com. My favorite qoute is The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments. They are the ones who, thread by daily thread, weave a tapestry of gratitude and wonder

Uchtdorf, Dieter F. (2012-05-10). Forget Me Not (Kindle Locations 109-...more
Cindy Davis
YOU are not forgotten. "Wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. " --President Dieter F. Uctdorf.

This is one of my favorite talks from President Uctdorf on Forget Me Nots. It has impacted my life for the better. If didn't get to see this talk, go on Youtube..this is the book form of that t...more
Amy Halbern
I absolutely loved this book. President Uchtdorf is a wonderful author and story teller. This book has such a great message and has it has brought me peace in this uncertain world. I love all of the encouraging words written in this book. If you ever feel down and feel that things are so challenging that you want to quit this is a great book to read it will help you through life's challenges and bring hope and wisdom into your life!! I highly recommend this book to everyone!!
Shauna
Every woman needs to read this book...
And then they need to read it again and again!
"Inspired by the five petals of the tiny forget-me-not flower, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf reminds us of five things we will be wise to never forget:
•To be patient with ourselves
•To distinguish between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
•To be happy now
•To focus on the “why” of the gospel
•To know that the Lord loves each of us infinitely."
PLEASE FORGET NOT!
Studentcash
Great book to keep things in perspective. One should ready at the start of every year or around goal/resolution writing / re-writing season. Remember to write down your goals, post them where you and others can see them and review monthly for progress. Have someone keep you accountable!
Greg Rothenberger
I don't always agree with the LDS general authorities, but this is a helpful book. It's addressed specifically to the women of the church, but a lot of the information applies to both men and women. Ignore the LDS theology, and you can get some good advice out of this book. While I would recommend this book for its target audience of LDS women, I think it's appropriate for a more general audience, also.
heidi.
Message: 5
Presentation: 4

This book was a gift. I would not have it in my possession otherwise.( It's hard justifying paying for a book when you can download the talk for free.)
It just tried a little too hard to force the simple aspect home via layout and such (trying to mimic the simplicity of the forget-me-not) but in reality the layouts, etc, were far from simplistic.
Sierra
This isn't brand new material, just a printing of the talk President Uchtdorf gave in the Oct. 2011 General Relief Society session of General Conference. This is a lovely collectors book; the pictures and formatting of the book are really beautiful and the message is one that you'll want to read again and again. I always feel so much better about myself after hearing these words!
Richard (Rick)
This is verbatim Elder Uctdorf's talk from General Conference, and as such I think it's kind of cheesy to make it into a book for sale. Especially when there really wasn't any added material, such as amazing pictures or something to make it come to life. So kind of bleh for me on that end, but it is a good talk and it was free on Amazon when I got it so I'll give it four stars.
Ane
This book is based on the talk President Uchtdorf gave to the General Relief Society Meeting. I love that President Uchtdorf uses each of the 5 petals as reminders of 5 important truths to women. I love the sweetness and how inspiring this book is. Its even forget-me-not in color and embellished with the little flowers. Take the time to read it and internalize it :-)
Aine
Every time I pick up this book, I am uplifted. The pictures are beautiful, and the text is stunning. True, you could download the talk for free, but I enjoy the emphasis the different fonts and colors lend. It has been a comfort to me when I desperately needed comfort, and a reminder and help to refocus when I needed refocusing.

Catherine
This was a beautiful setting for President Uchtdorf's conference talk by the same title. I enjoyed the artwork and the chance to ponder the talk one small bit at a time.
  • Created for Greater Things
  • Daughters of God
  • One Bright Shining Hope
  • The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us
  • Small and Simple Things
  • The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • Our Heritage: A Brief History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
  • Through His Eyes: Rethinking What You Believe About Yourself
  • Increase In Learning - Spiritual Patterns For Obtaining Your Own Answers
  • 21 Principles: Divine Truths to Help You Live By the Spirit
  • Preparing to Enter the Holy Temple
  • All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience
  • The Hidden Christ: Beneath the Surface of the Old Testament
  • When Times Are Tough: 5 Scriptures That Will Help You Get Through Almost Anything
Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf, a former German aviator and airline executive, is the Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

Uchtdorf was born to ethnic Germans Karl Albert Uchtdorf and Hildegard Else Opelt in Moravská Ostrava (German: Mährisch-Ostrau), which at the time was in the Nazi-occupied Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (now O...more
More about Dieter F. Uchtdorf...
The Remarkable Soul of a Woman Your Happily Ever After Sister Eternal A Light Shall Break Forth: Talks From The 2005 Byu Women's Conference

“I would like to use this little flower as a metaphor. The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget....first, forget not to be patient with yourself...second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice...third, forget not to be happy now...fourth, forget not the why of the gospel...fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you.” 7 likes
“Wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you.” 0 likes