Start by marking “The Quick Adios (Times Six)” as Want to Read:
The Quick Adios (Times Six)

The Quick Adios (An Alex Rutledge Mystery #7)

Tom Corcoran returns with a seventh novel, his first Alex Rutledge mystery in three years. Longtime fans and newcomers to this series are sure to enjoy The Quick Adios (Times Six). It is January in Key West, and freelance photographer Rutledge is summoned by his lover, city detective Beth Watkins, to a double-murder scene in The Tideline condo near Smathers Beach. When he ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Dredgers Lane, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Quick Adios, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quick Adios

Lewis Weinstein
Jul 05, 2013 Lewis Weinstein rated it really liked it
There's a different standard for crime stories than for serious literature. A different scale. For me, Corcoran is always fun to read (I've read most of his books), and this one, on my crime story scale, is 4****. The action is fast, the plot is complicated, and if you can't figure it all out, it doesn't really matter. Just keep reading. There are quite a few characters who are characters to enjoy meeting.

My wife and I live in Key West, so I know all the local references, many of which are withi
Cathy DuPont
Sep 05, 2013 Cathy DuPont rated it really liked it
"Nostalgia has its moments. The trick, I believe, is to shed regret." Alex Rutledge, professional photographer, Key West, Florida. His credentials are exemplary and he's well-known throughout south Florida and the Caribbean as the 'go-to' pro in his field.

Having read all the Alex R series years ago when I was on my jag to read only Florida mysteries, based in Florida, I was so annoyed with myself when I found out that Tom Corcoran had written another book in the series two years ago. I missed t
Jim A
Jul 02, 2014 Jim A rated it really liked it
Always a pleasure to read an Alex Rutledge story by Corcoran. He throws enough curves into the plot to keep the reader guessing. And, he uses his knowledge of Key West to allow the reader to feel like they are in Conch Heaven. As an added bonus, he will throw in a little bit of Key West's history. Any time I can read a good book and learn something, it's been twice worth it.

Stephen Campbell
Sep 12, 2012 Stephen Campbell rated it it was amazing
I'll start by saying I'm a big fan of this author having read all of the Alex Rutledge books. Unlike other authors (you know who I'm talking about) who tend to coast after writing two or three books in a series Mr. Corcoran just keeps pumping out well though out, enjoyable stories. Each time I read one of his books I want to get in the car and drive to Key West to finish it there. The island is a significant character in this series which continues to impress.
Derek Dowell
Sep 27, 2012 Derek Dowell rated it really liked it
There are few people writing Florida-based novels today with more street cred than Tom Corcoran. The guy co-wrote songs (“Fins” and “Cuban Crime of Passion” for those Parrotheads who might be interested) with Jimmy Buffett back in the 1970s, and sold tacos on the street corner out of his bicycle basket, for Pete’s sake! The locals knew him as Taco Tom back then.

With the recent release of The Quick Adios (Times Six), Corcoran revisits a character, Alex Rutledge, who has appeared in five or six bo
Fred Forbes
Nov 25, 2012 Fred Forbes rated it really liked it
As a fan of Key West and a serious photographer, I have long been a fan of this series. Interesting that he is pulled out of the city for some action in my home town here in Florida but considerably north of there. The story is interesting but frankly, as the 6 in the title implies, about 3 too many bodies and a bit too many characters. I think the story would have flowed more smoothly with fewer threads, but still, Tom, an enjoyable read.
Patsy
Sep 03, 2013 Patsy rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Tom Corcoran having read all of the Alex Rutledge books and this book was no exception. Key West is a big part of the series, and I always want to go there after reading one of his books. Maybe someday....
Steve
Mar 03, 2013 Steve rated it really liked it
Love the Alex Ruttledge series, this was maybe the best murder mystery in the series, because of character involvement and unexpected twists and turns throughout the case. A little less Key West humor than usual.
Dawnie
Oct 05, 2012 Dawnie rated it really liked it
Another great read by Tom Corcoran! I love these Key West books...makes me think of vacation and the action/mystery really keep me involved. I love the new addition of the new private PI's...really added a lot of humor to the story!
Andrew
Feb 04, 2016 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-florida
I found “The Quick Adios (Times Six)”, Tom Corcoran’s seventh novel in the Alex Rutledge series, to be a good book. Unfortunately, that’s not as much of a compliment as it may sound – I have grown to expect excellence in the Alex Rutledge series. In my opinion, this one simply does not measure up to the six previous books.

Corcoran has fleshed out a series of well-rounded and loveable characters, each with enough of a quirk to them to fit in with the outsiders’ impression of Key West. (I will not
Paul
Apr 07, 2015 Paul rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I read the previous book in this series, I kept waiting for this book to come out in paperback but it never did. I finally sucked it up and bought the hardcover from Amazon. Really glad I did. It was like reconnecting with an old friend. I love the authors descriptions of everything having to do with Key West, and Alex Rutledge is the type of guy you would enjoy having a couple of drinks with at any of the locations he describes in Key West. The mystery was quite ...more
Jon Miner
Another fun adventure with Alex and Sam and the gang around the keys, Key West and Southern Florida. Unfortunately the writing and the language suffer a bit and could use some modernization for 2016, something previous books lacked, probably due to not as thorough editing in the modern book market. Still a fun adventure with the usual characters, even if it isn't as good as earlier works.
Jmgnole
Nov 16, 2014 Jmgnole rated it really liked it
Shelves: florida-fiction
I love Corcoran. I see the Keys in my head every time I pick up one of his books. Believable sleuthing, great lead character, Florida. I actually finished this back in March, but I forgot to update.
Hrn1947
Sep 11, 2012 Hrn1947 rated it really liked it
another good story. alex changed runs from mount gay. every one is settling into their lives on the island.
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
James Diamond
James Diamond rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Jim Carman
Jim Carman rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Kevin Collins
Kevin Collins rated it it was amazing
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2013
Cheyne
Cheyne rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
JL DeBolt
JL DeBolt rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Mike Barker
Mike Barker rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Terence
Terence rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Russelle
Russelle rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Benton Andrews
Benton Andrews rated it it was amazing
Esther P.
Esther P. rated it really liked it
Melanie Fuller
Melanie Fuller rated it really liked it
Edith Bruckner
Edith Bruckner rated it really liked it
Linda Farmer
Linda Farmer rated it it was amazing
Peggy Verhonik
Peggy Verhonik rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Scavenger Reef (Key West, #2)
  • Bones of Coral
  • Suitable for Framing (Britt Montero, #3)
  • Killer Blonde (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #12.5)
  • The Storm Killer
  • Paws and Effect (A Magical Cats Mystery, #8)
  • Cuba Straits (Doc Ford, #22)
  • Powder Burn
  • Pineapple Grenade (Serge Storms, #15)
There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads data base.

Tom Corcoran first moved to Florida in 1970. He has been a disc jockey, bartender, AAA travel counselor, U. S. Navy officer, screenwriter, freelance photographer, automotive magazine editor, computer graphic artist, and journalist.
More about Tom Corcoran...

An Alex Rutledge Mystery (7 books)
  • The Mango Opera
  • Gumbo Limbo: An Alex Rutledge Mystery
  • Bone Island Mambo (Alex Rutledge Series #3)
  • Octopus Alibi: An Alex Rutledge Mystery