Start by marking “Journey's Edge” as Want to Read:
Journey's Edge

Journey's Edge (Marshals of Journey Creek #2)

A Routine Audit? Hardly. Red flags—including some goon who's following her—raise McKinley Frasier's suspicions that numbers don't add up at the insurance firm. When someone tries to snatch McKinley's daughter from school, she turns to police officer and ex-fiance, Renner Crossman—the cop who walked out on her a month before their wedding. But Renner's not the same guy who ...more
Published March 30th 2012 by White Rose Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Journey's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey's Edge

Sandra
Aug 09, 2012 Sandra added it
I'm a sucker for reading the stories of secondary characters in a novel. I read Dora Hier's first book, Journey's End, and liked it. So when the opportunity came to read Renner's story in Journey's Edge, I jumped on it. No, I wasn't disappointed in the second book. In fact, of the two, it was my favorite.

First, let me compliment White Rose Publishing on their choice of cover. Do you find it as eerie as I do? Does it raise the goosebumps? Second, the author provides one of those "Goodness graciou
Heidi
Jun 28, 2013 Heidi rated it it was amazing
If you like romance or romantic suspense, this book should appeal to you.

McKinley Frasier is an accountant who has an angry client on her tail because he didn't like her audit. On the run from the client, McKinley runs into Renner Crossman, a cop turned U.S. Marshall and her former fiancé. McKinley tries to steer clear of Renner to shield herself from past hurt, but when McKinley's daughter's safety is at stake, she is forced to ask for Renner's help.

The book is heavier on romance than suspense
Susan
May 02, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
In this sequel you get reacquainted with Renner Crossman, and we hear his story. Renner is a new Christian, who realizes he messed up in the past with the one woman he cannot get out of his mind or heart—McKinley (Kinny) Frasier. When he finds he’ll be in the same town as her for a night, he asks if they can meet, only to discover she’s in danger. Renner steps up to help her out—and win back her trust—as they battle the man who’s after Kinny and her daughter.

The pace of this story was perfect fo
Ginger Solomon
Apr 22, 2012 Ginger Solomon rated it really liked it
From the first scene to the last, Ms. Hiers has you on the edge of your seat. This romantic suspense novel is full of romance and suspense. You take a "journey" with McKinley Frasier as a former client wants her to fail at turning in the audit she's just done. She has no choice, but to turn to Renner, former fiance and police officer turned US Marshall. Their journey takes them to the edge (hahaha) of danger, and reaffirms their feelings for one another (no spoiler, 'cuz you have to read to find ...more
Marianne Evans
Oct 10, 2012 Marianne Evans rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Dora Hiers' second installment of the "Marshals of Journey Creek" series! Having met Renner Crossman in Journey's End, I couldn't wait to see where she took his story, and she did not disappoint.

Who wouldn't love having a cop like Renner guard you? His ex-fiancee, that's who! McKinley Frasier is living the life of a single-working-mom, and doing a great job of being a professional, and being a mother. That's what provides the excellent push-pull of this romantic suspense nov
Wendy Sparkes
Another great story from Journey Creek. It was nice to get Renner's story, and get a brief look in on Trey and Chelsea from #1. Now looking forward to reading Sage's story. I appreciated the theme of forgiveness and how God wipes the slate clean and gives us a fresh start ~ we just have to reach out and accept it.

#1 Journey's End by Dora Hiers #2 Journey's Edge by Dora Hiers #3 Journey's Embrace by Dora Hiers
Ann
Jan 09, 2015 Ann rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I read it in one setting because I couldn't it down. It is an exciting combination of suspense, action and romance that definitely takes the reader on a roller coaster ride with lots of twists and turns. The author also includes a wonderful story of God's love and forgiveness. I look forward to reading more by this author, and highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good Christian mystery and romance.
LoRee Peery
May 17, 2012 LoRee Peery rated it it was amazing
Dora Hiers pulls me in and keeps suspense going from cover to cover. Who would think an audit to be life threatening? When McKinly Frasier's daughter is almost snatched, she needs protection. Ex-fiancée Renner Crossman vows to keep them safe. McKinly struggles a long time to match the new man with a changed heart to the old man she never imagined trusting again. Very well done.
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Lara Hulzen
Lara Hulzen rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Jaimee Patton
Jaimee Patton rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
June
June rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2013
Dora Hiers
Apr 20, 2012 Dora Hiers rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Justine Snyder
Justine Snyder rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Pamela
Pamela rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2012
Sharon Srock
Sharon Srock rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Laura Simpson
Laura Simpson marked it as to-read
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Christine Yvonne
Christine Yvonne marked it as to-read
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Michele Wesley
Michele Wesley marked it as to-read
Tracey Hawkins
Tracey Hawkins marked it as to-read
Tracy Holder
Tracy Holder marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Butterflyshines
Butterflyshines marked it as to-read
Tammy Doherty
Tammy Doherty marked it as to-read
Sarah Richmond
Sarah Richmond marked it as to-read
Ronald
Ronald marked it as to-read
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Kazimiera pendrey
Kazimiera pendrey marked it as to-read
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2012
Tristi Palmer
Tristi Palmer marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
May 01, 2012
Cammie
Cammie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
After a successful auditing career, Dora left the corporate world to be a stay-at-home mom to her two sons. When her youngest son no longer wanted her hanging out at school with him anymore, Dora started writing Heart Racing, God-Gracing romance. She is a member of RWA.

Dora and her real life hero make their home in North Carolina. When she takes a break from cranking out stories, she enjoys readi
More about Dora Hiers...

Marshals of Journey Creek (3 books)
  • Journey's End