Start by marking “Beneath the Secrets Part 1 (Tall, Dark & Deadly #3.1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Secrets Part 1 (Tall, Dark & Deadly #3.1)

Beneath the Secrets Part 1 (Tall, Dark & Deadly #3.1 (Part 1))

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,105 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Beneath the Secrets, Part One includes:

Prelude: One Dangerous Night
Blake Walker left behind the ATF when the drug cartel he was hunting cost him the life of his fellow agent, and fiancee. Now, two years later, he's working with his brothers at Walker Security, but he's living fast, hard, and wild, until he reaches the ultimate high...revenge. And he's close, so close he ca...more
122 pages
Published December 21st 2012 (first published December 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Secrets Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Secrets Part 1

Tracy

Lisa Renee Jones has done it again. Left us with a hell of a cliff hanger.....
Cannot wait for book 2 to come out - this is hotting up to be a another great series!!!!
I love LRJ's Tall, Dark & Deadly series and Beneath The Secrets is another hit!
Blake Walker is our hero who is a bit broken, a lot lost and hell bent on revenge.
We meet our heroine but, by the end of this first book, we still aren't entirely sure who she is or what her motives are - there's a lot more twist, turns and secrets wi...more
Lariza
Wow! I really like Blake & Kara's story. We get to learn a little bit more about the mysterious Tiffany Snow or Kara. The attraction between her & Blake can't be denied however much they try to hide it. Lots of steamy scenes between the two!! I saw a softer, more caring side of Blake through his feelings for the girl who is far from what she seems. Ready for the next part!!
Richelle Robinson
Good stuff leaves you wanting more and I can't wait for part two in Feb. The series as a whole has been very good.
Marsha
"Beneath the Secrets," Part 1 is the beginning od Blake Walker's story. Of the three Walker brothers Blake is the most complex ss well as tragic. He is a former DEA whose fiancee was killed during an operation that went bad. Ever since, Blake has been on a course to enact vengeance against the men responsible much to the dismay of the DEA and his brothers.

While working secretly, Blake is getting closer to his target. He has a meeting set up with a woman where he will exchange information and ear...more
Terry
Jan 04, 2013 Terry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: terry-s-shelf
Beneath the Secrets, Part One ~ Also includes the prequel "One Dangerous Night" which supplies the back story.

Book Blurb:
Two paths collide.
Two people who will do anything, including sleeping with the enemy, to avenge or save someone they love. But what if everything isn't as it seems and the enemy isn't the enemy at all? Can these two broken people drawn together by their sizzling hot attraction see beyond their pain and their need for vengeance and find the trust they will need to survive a vic...more
Sandy
ONE DANGEROUS NIGHT by Lisa Renee Jones

ONE DANGEROUS NIGHT is the prequel novella to Lisa Renee Jones BENEATH THE SECRETS from her Tall, Dark and Deadly series featuring the Walker Brothers. One Dangerous Night is the introduction to Blake’s story. I originally read this storyline as (Tall, Dark and Deadly 2 .5)

Two years after the murder of his fiancé (and fellow ATF agent), Blake Walker finds himself working for Walker Security- a family run business where his contacts, motivation and revenge t...more
Zita
Wonderful Romantic Suspense

This is romantic suspense at its best. We first met the hero, Blake Walker, in the previous books but with the Prelude included with Part 1 this can stand alone. Blake captured my heart with his tragic past and the heroine who is hiding things of her own is so intriguing. There are secrets that need to be exposed if they are to save each other which they fight against yet long for. The book description captured me, "Can these two broken people drawn together by their s...more
Cindy
Blake is a man who is struggling with the death of his fiancee. But blake believes
he has found the way to get past her death. By killing her murderer Alvarez. He
has a plan and he is staying the course until Blake discovers that the woman
who drugged him in Colorado is after the same thing. Only Kara isn't just a
secretary she is an Ex FBI agent. Along the way they both discover the truth
and each other. Only killing Alvarez is easier then trying to keep their hands off
from each other.
The Tall, Dar...more
Suzan
Jan 07, 2013 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Loved it! I still wish we could have got the whole book at once on time but I'm too impatient to wait for summer for the book in it's entirety so I'm getting it in installments starting with this one which includes the prequel story that was released a couple of months or so ago. Of course the problem is it ends on a cliffhangar and I have to wait for the next installment to see what happens! Either way I'm loving Blake getting his turn centre-stage and I'm really loving his heroine, already she...more
Amber Day
MMM MMM MMM

One dangerous meeting with a untamed desire.

This is the prelude to the delicious story Of Blake Walker. He is out for revenge for his beloved Whitney, when he meets his match
Patti Ashley
Disjointed

Found this story disjointed and hard to follow. Characters were interesting and am hoping they improve. The female lead is rather cold.
Marilyn's Book Blog
I am not writing a review on this book until I am able to read all four parts of this series. Each book so far has been very short and should have just been put into one book, so that I am not having to wait to find out what happens with Blake! Each book is about the size of a small novella. I have a feeling that by time I read all four parts I will love it. I just hate having to wait for the other parts to be released! You can read any of my other reviews at www.marilynbookblogger.blogspot.com
Stacey
wow can't believe it and i so can't wait til i can read kyle and myla's story . when will that come out i wonder and wow on how this story was loved each book and how blake and kara and wow how two people one more dominating than the other but glad blake finally lets his brothers in and there is a surprise ending so buy the book and read it ... read the tall dark and deadly series which is the sister books and the begining of the series .. until next read and revire read on
Katrina
I was intrigued by the title of this book to begin with as i had purchased Tall,Dark and Deadly series.. As I didn't need to Read the series 1st for this book, I must say I was Plesantly surprized by how quick I got into the book..
Blake and Kara have a chemistry, and yet a danger about them that makes pulls u in and doesnt let go..
I cannot wait to finish all the books to Ms Jones's Beneath the Secrets series...
Jessica
Blake Walker is a man who is struggling with the death of his fiance and is seeking revenge onto the cartel that killed her but first he needs to get into the inside of the organization. Kara AkA Tiffany Snow is definitely hiding something....is she FBI? Undercover? The passion between these two is incredible but they are both playing with fire and they both have trust issues for obvious reasons! On to part 2.....
Tina
Super hot beginning. I must say I don't like the serial approach to releasing books and that is why I am borrowing and not buying. I will not put out money for a book that will later be released as a full book and will end up probably more than the full book if bought in chunks. I wish authors would not do this!!!! Even an author I auto buy I will not do this for!
Laura Gaudin
I couldn't wait to read this book after the other books in the series. However, when I went to download it the release date had been delayed. I WAS NOT HAPPY! When it finally came out then it is released as only 1 section of the book!! It is such a tease. It is a great story but I am one of those readers who does not like to wait to read the rest of the story.
Ms. Jones has done it again! I'm starting to think of her as the cliffhanger queen because she is so good at creating all this wonderful tension and suspense and then leaving you hanging! I've loved every book in this series and I can tell from part one, this one is not going to let me down. Cannot wait for part 2!!
Gerri
I wrote to Ms Jones asking when Blakes story was coming out,and while I am waiting for her to reply I figure lets try these books.
:-) I found Blake! The man rates four books.

I will probably miss these brothers at the end of the fourth
Book. Hopefully she will write stories for their employees.
Gina
I read the entire Beneath the Secrets box set. It is the story of Blake and Kara. I really did enjoy this Tall, Dark and Deadly series. The Walker brothers are GREAT! The Blake and Kara story had them coming together against a drug cartel - the mystery/suspense and romance is great.
Judy
book was awsom
Tawnya
I really enjoy stories of tortured souls finding love again. Blake was that and more, Kara was right behind him in her issues. Jones wrote a fantasic love story along with a mystery that keeps you guessing. Highly recommend this book.
Brandi Porter
This is a very short book but its good. I wanted to know about Blake's story. But it still hasn't shed to much light on what happened to his finance. So hopefully in the next 3 books it will tell. I'm looking forward to them!!!!
Paris        (kerbytejas)
3 stars for length only good writing, some typos.
so far romantic erotic mystery - we only know Blake's back story from previous books in the series ( his brothers) - and we know nothing of Kara's back story...
Laurie
Love this series. Blake's story is no less interesting. I like the drama and intrigue, as well as the attraction. I'm hoping the second book answers some of the missing pieces.
J.L.
This is a serial depicting the broken man Blake Walker. He is trying to resolve the pain of losing his soon to be wife. A lot of action, a love story and some vengeance.
Bobbie
Love Ms. Jones' books. She keeps you captivated from start to finish and wanting more. This books was a great read. On to the next in the series.
Jeannie L
I wish there weren't different parts to it. Would have very preferred reading the entire story as 1. That's my only gripe.
Charity
Love this series. Great story in this book. HATE author is dragging 1 book into 4 short stories published over 6 months!
Mayas
Blake is my baby and is set on revenge at all cost. He may lose is heart by the end of the series. I am waiting on part 2-4
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)
  • Timeout (Luke, #5)
  • Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5)
  • Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops #3)
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • Deadly Obsession (Deadly, #3)
  • He's the Man (The Alexanders, #3)
  • A Little Harmless Fascination (Harmless, #7)
  • Protecting Paige (Serve and Protect, #3)
  • Give In To Me (H.O.T. Cops, #3)
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
  • Kill Shot (The Collective #1)
  • Deadly Addiction (Deadly Vices, #2)
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5)
  • Mine to Crave (Mine, #4)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT SERIES, and is now in development by Suzanne Todd (Alice in Wonderland) for cable TV. In addition, her Tall, Dark and Deadly series and The Secret Life of Amy Bensen series, both spent several months on a combination of the NY Times and USA Today lists.

Watch the video on casting for t...more
More about Lisa Renee Jones...
If I Were You (Inside Out, #1) Being Me (Inside Out, #2) Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3) Infinite Possibilities (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #2)