Start by marking “Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)

Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen #4)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,049 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
"Something old, something blue, something deadly what else is new? "

"Secret McQueen, Book 4"

It s a nice day for a white wedding. At least that s what Secret McQueen is hoping for, with her poofy-princess-dress marriage to a werewolf king looming closer and closer by the day. But as ever, nothing can be that easy for a vampire/werewolf hybrid for whom someone still harbors
Published July 10th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Secret

Marissa
Aggghhh! I just about died twice, and wanted to commit the most heinous murder at least three times!! Oh dear lord that was painful! And WTF was up with that ending?!?! Cliffy Hell! I’m kind of pissed off, and yet a little bit hopeful. Grrrrr! Rant-rave-rant-rave!
I don’t know what to say. I hurt and I’m confused. I’m lost and shredded. I am deeply suffering and totally flabbergasted! Wait, those all mean about the same thing.
You have killed me Sierra Dean! All that is left of me is a bumbling,
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Aug 08, 2012 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Keeping Secret delivers the story that I'd expected from the previous installment. McQueen's finally growing into her new roles, the love triangle gets a much needed shakedown and this is the wolf-iest book yet. The story is no less action-y than its predecessors but there is a notable shift from assassin drama to powerful supernatural leader dilemmas which is exactly what I wanted to see happen. Prepare yourselves for the new and improved Secret McQueen!

The last three bo
Nicole
Jul 13, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/07/13/...

Secret is back in the 4th installment of the series, and this is going to be a very difficult review for me to write. I really enjoyed the story, but the last 10-15% of the book absolutely killed me, and in many ways put a bit of a stain on the series.

Secret’s wedding to Alpha Lucas is coming closer and closer, and although Secret isn’t one hundred percent on board with the event, she is willing to do what is necessary for th
Kelly
Jun 02, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Before I start this review I have something to get out of the way...

*flails*
*weeps*
*flails*

Yeah. This book sort of flayed me alive. In a "hurts so good" sort of way. I seriously had to put the book down at one point and take a long cleansing breath because poor Secret had thing after thing thrown at her and I was a MESS. I love that she has the physical strength to face down the bad guys and not get gutted but emotionally ... oh, Secret!

I'm really wavering on how I feel about her uncle and the h
Hiba
Jan 26, 2015 Hiba rated it it was amazing
SHIT !!! SHITT!!!
SO AMAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE THESE BOOKS ! I only finished four books of these series!! ..WONDER WHAT WILL I FEEL BY THE END OF THESE SERIES because right now... all emotions are running high ... sad..despair...rage...romance... i dont know what to tell!!
PERFECT KICK ASS SARCASTIC HEROINE!!!

like Jen ...but maybe better than grey wolves? lets see by the end of this serieS ..
GTG I need to finish these series *_*
fifth book here i come
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I hate Lucas.

I hate him with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. With every book in this series, my loathing for him grows. And with every allowance Secret gives him, I want to douse her in cold water.

As evidenced by the amazing cover, this is the wedding book. (Yes, I thought it came along fast, too.) In the last installment, Secret agreed to marry King Douchecanoe and she finally stopped fighting his sexual advances. Now, despite all of his machinations and manipulations, they are taking thi
Jodie
Jul 11, 2012 Jodie rated it really liked it
Keeping Secret it the fourth installment of the Secret McQueen series, a series that I can count on for a tricky romantic scenario, sass & snark and lots and lots of action. All throughout this one I was anxious. I didn’t know what was going to be in store for our resident asskicker, but I knew it was going to be dangerous and fun.

The only thing I knew about wedding dresses were that they were all white, tight and probably impossible to kill someone in.
Unless that someone was Kimberly, in wh
Stephanie
Jul 20, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Seriously, that's how you end the book? Why must you torture us so? This book definately brings out the emotional roller coaster. There was action, adventure, terror, jealousy, romance, and heartache all rolled into one. I have enjoyed every book in the series, and this one was no exception. I must admit that it brought me to tears, so keep a few tissues handy. This was such a page turner for me, and I couldn't put it down. I stayed up until nearly 5 am reading it. Yes, it was that good! My only ...more
Marsha
Jul 29, 2012 Marsha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
I once read a saying, "I lost myself trying to imitate someone else." This is the cautionary tale of Secret Mc Queen in "Keeping Secrets. As a former assassin and current vampire council member, Secret is stong, capable and fierce. However, when it come to her personal life and romance, she thinks with her vagina instead of her brain.

I will not recap the plot for this book since so many others have already done so. I want to discuss how Secret's repetitive actions continually causes chaos in her
Julie
Jul 06, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Keeping Secret is the fourth book in Sierra Dean’s Secret McQueen series. If you have yet to read it, it’s important to know that this series is filled with heart-pounding action, creepy crazy villains, incredibly written characters, edge of your seat storytelling and many love interests. Sierra once told me that by the end of the fourth book, readers will know who the final two men will be. Well, let me tell you that I don’t feel I know for certain! Ma
Sandra
Nov 19, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
Douglas Meeks
Jul 14, 2012 Douglas Meeks rated it it was amazing
Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen #4)Keeping Secret by Sierra Dean

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finished Keeping Secret and it was as awesome as all of them have been, this one started a bit slower (or maybe my mood was not right) but it got rolling and never stopped until the end. This is definitely the series that Anita Blake could have been, she is tough, skilled and still soft enough to make you like the character. this is a top series for those who love UF, it is PNR in characters but UF in action. 4.5 Stars easy ranking for the ser
Sha
Jul 16, 2012 Sha rated it really liked it
Why Sierra?!? Why do you do this to me?!?!

At first, when I started reading the book, i was like "Desmond who?". Lucas Rain really caught my attention. I remember Lucas being an ass, but when I read this, I actually found him endearing.He was handsome, charming and really attentive over Secret. I mean, if she married him even if its just a front, its wasnt all that bad, not bat at all!!!

OMG! (view spoiler)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Here comes the bride!

Sierra Dean is back with another instalment in the Secret McQueen series. This time Sierra is engaging in her usual mischief but she also has a more serious matter to attend to...her wedding. Being married to the werewolf king, Lucas should solve all her problems, but it seems that there is more to it than just saying, “I do” at the altar. As Secret figures that mess out, there is also the pressing issue of her werewolf uncle. As family feuds arise,
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Jul 30, 2012 Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) rated it really liked it
I love this series to death but Keeping Secret nearly gave me a coronary. I had a feeling I wasn't going to like the events that take place in this book and I was right. It's bad enough that Secret is marrying that werewolf King but Secret, in my opinion, does some really idiotic things in this book that had me so frustrated with her by the end. I do know one thing, I'm tired of the love triangle (sometimes quadrangle when Holden is feeling frisky). Firmly on the side of Team Desmond/Team Lime, ...more
Claudia
Nov 11, 2013 Claudia rated it really liked it
I have to say I was not sure about this book because of some of the reviews .. but thanks god, I read it and I absolutely loved it!!!!

this book is full of action, heart-break and developments. Secret decides to do what is best for others and risks everything with it.

I loved it that the romance part was so well developed - all the gambles Mrs. Dean took in the previous books paid off. I normally don't like love triangles but this book showed that this angle was well developed ... and it is not fi
Josie
Apr 14, 2013 Josie rated it really liked it

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

So frustrating!!! Lucas has always been a manipulative little shit. Throughout the books he has continually taken decisions out of Secret's hands, forcing matings, engagements, taking away her and Desmond's soul bond etc. And then he practically forces her to marry him and he leaves her hanging. Though, I can't say I didn't see it with the whole "Lucas is so dependable" and "I'm walking up the aisle first."

Has Lucas not heard of a phone though? Couldn't he have just said
Trish
Apr 25, 2013 Trish rated it really liked it
Blodeuedd Finland
Dec 16, 2014 Blodeuedd Finland rated it really liked it
By looking at the cover you sure know something is gonna happen, yes Secret is going to marry Lucas. And I could not wait to sink my teeth into this one.

I still like Lucas but he always puts pack first! Time after time. He knows how she feels about Desmond, I mean she loves Des more! Still I like Lucas, but that love is wearing thing while reading this book. And Desmond *cries*. Why can't she just have them all :( Poor beta Des.

Like that wasn't enough, I started falling for Holden in this one. H
Yolanda Sfetsos
Dec 22, 2012 Yolanda Sfetsos rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I just want to say that I love this cover. All of the covers in this series are awesome, but this one is totally kick-ass. Love it!

Secret is about to marry a werewolf king. Even if her heart really isn't as convinced as her sense of duty to the pack, and she's not enjoying the planning process. Especially since someone is trying to kill her, and haunting dreams keep hounding her.

When her uncle demands Lucas and her visit the south to get his blessing, things go from bad to worse... beca
Jenne
Sep 30, 2014 Jenne rated it really liked it
4.25
Some major things happen in this one, game changer kind of things. I can't wait to see where Ms. Dean takes us after this one. Someone has hired assassins to try to take Secret out (shocking I know, someone wants her dead lol) and all the while she's (spoiler for the previous book) (view spoiler) I know it's been said in previous books that one day she's going to have to pick her wolf or her vamp side and I just can't see how that will work
Cogito_ergo_sum
Mar 28, 2014 Cogito_ergo_sum rated it liked it
Great writing, and engaging characters. However, I'm not sure where this story was supposed to go.
If you think of each book as a micro-plot in a huge plot that spans a whole series, then what was the point of this story? Where was it supposed to lead the character? How did she evolve from the events that took place in this book? She made new relations and broke some old ones, but how was she changed as a person?
In my head I have this idea that with each book, the character is supposed to get s
Mskychick
Oct 04, 2014 Mskychick rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
Omg, what a cliffhanger! Going to buy and read book 5 immediately!
And I hate Lucas. What an asshole.

Favorite quotes:
“Choice is a lie we tell ourselves when we do things we feel people won’t like.”

The sign welcoming us to St. Francisville felt like a pin in the inflated balloon of our tension.

I wasn’t dressed for the council. Jeans and a hoodie with
Tiki
Apr 03, 2013 Tiki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a ride! Lots of twists and turns.... And I really liked Holden in this one. Unexpected /funny-His reciting lines from "Deliverence" when they were deep in the backwoods.
As with the previous books it's fast paced with lots of action. Some vampire intrigue but it's mostly centered around the werewolves. I don't know what it is about this series but I like Secret having various love interests. And this installment really shakes things up. Really looking forward to the next!!
Per Gunnar
This is definitely not the strongest book in the series. Actually, I would go as far as to say that it is the weakest one I have read so far.

Almost the entire book revolves around Secret and Lucas wedding. Well, not the wedding itself but a lot of rather contrived procedures and werewolf politics around it. Add some plotting and backstabbing inside of the werewolf clan and the fact that Lucas is really behaving like an asshole and you have a book that rather quickly degenerates into an urban fan
Ronda
Dec 23, 2014 Ronda rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Another fabulous storyline, another fantastic ride and what a cliff hanger!!!!

What can I say? I can say that this book had me riled up, I have taken a distinct dislike to the Wolf King, Lucas is a royal pain in the arse!!! I have to add that I was also angry - at Secret!! I was pissed to say the least that she allowed Lucas to pull the strings, King or not, bond or not, she should have given him a royal punch!

Then as things progressed, my hart sank for Desmond, I love that guy... the side
Piseog
Sep 26, 2014 Piseog rated it really liked it

This book had the great plot as always, and I felt it was paced really well and had some really exciting, action-packed moments. It was very dramatic with the relationships too. I couldn't give this book 5 stars because of what happens between the werewolf triangle. Oh why, Secret? I was screaming (in my head) at Secret to forget about Lucas and to not marry him. I knew it would end in disaster. On the surface Lucas is nice, but really he is awful for her. I don't understand Secret's ne
Kat Klein
Aug 06, 2014 Kat Klein rated it really liked it
Book 4 has Secret planning her wedding to Lucas. For the good of the Pack. Although mostly it doesn't seem like the pack is terribly appreciative of the sacrifices she's making for them. And Lucas brings his douchebaggery to new levels of low. While trying to plan her wedding, fend off an assassination attempt, and deal with family members she has either avoided her entire life, or didn't know she had, Secret's got her hands full.

We get to see alot more of her inner wolf, which unlike her vampir
JenRider
Nov 24, 2012 JenRider rated it really liked it
I like that at every book there is a twist in the end that leaves me even more interesting for the next book...
Zee
Aug 10, 2012 Zee rated it it was amazing
ms. dean i hope you dont hold out on the Holden and secret promise!!!!! TEAM HOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!
A Million More Pages: 4 - Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen): May 6 18 10 May 08, 2015 04:20AM
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)
  • Oathbreaker (The Godhunter, #3)
  • Something to Curse About (Discord Jones #2)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Coveted (Gwen Sparks, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • Forbidden Drink (Kindred, #3)
  • Bloodrage (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
3219566
Sierra Dean is a reformed historian. She was born and raised in the Canadian prairies and is allowed annual exit visas in order to continue her quest of steadily conquering the world one city at a time. Making the best of the cold Canadian winters, Sierra indulges in her less global interests: drinking too much tea and writing urban fantasy.

Ever since she was a young girl she has loved the idea of
More about Sierra Dean...

Secret McQueen (8 books)
  • Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen, #3)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • Cold Hard Secret  (Secret McQueen, #7)
  • A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8)

“Eugenia’s mouth formed an O shape, her eyes wide and a little wet.
Now I had not only told her Santa wasn’t real, I’d told her the Easter Bunny went on killing sprees to eat the children who didn’t find his eggs.”
8 likes
“Nonsense. Everyone knows Canadians are a peaceful people.” He was laughing now.
“Tell that to the White House circa 1812,” I told him.
“Oh? Why?”
“Because that’s the year the peace-loving Canadians burned it to the ground.”
Dominick grabbed an empty bottle and jumped onto his chair. The room got silent in an instant as everyone paused to look at him. “Cheers to 1812.” He lifted his empty bottle.
The whole room whooped and raised their full glasses, howling in unison.
I could barely hear over the sound of my own laughter.”
6 likes