Start by marking “Dark Mountain” as Want to Read:
Dark Mountain

Dark Mountain

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
While hiking on a lonely mountain in Arkansas, Jacob Barclay finds a cabin with a terrible secret. Sheriff Billy Joe Shoemaker discovers that his small, backwoods town may hold more danger than he ever imagined. Molly Carothers, lost in a sea of woods, starving and scared, believes she has found a guardian angel to free her. Brian Carothers, haunted by his family's heritag ...more
Published April 11th 2012 by Infinite Word Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Mountain

Robert Michael
Apr 19, 2012 Robert Michael rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote the book. I suppose I should like it. I do, and I hope everyone else does as well. Please, if you get a chance to read it, leave a comment, rate it, etc. I appreciate your feedback.

As I work on my upcoming novels, I will take your feedback to heart.
Barry
It was definately a thriller, no real mystery involved. I found it to be well written, some christian themes worked in, so if that turns you off of books you better not read this one. I loved the story and how the main character came to know himself as he dealt with adversity during his hike through the Ozarks.
Geannie
**This is a shortened version of the full review I did on my blog.

The imagery Michael uses to describe the small town in Arkansas where he stops to buy camping gear and rations could be spot on for just about any tiny, one horse town anywhere in North America. The lone, solitary small town police officer that comes off as too big for his britches is one of my favourite characters in the book. He’s not particularly likable, but he amused me.

...

Michael, for a first time novel-length author, does k
Melissa
I liked the story, it took awhile to figure out how everything fit together, but kept rolling along throughout the book. The ending felt a bit rushed, but overall I enjoyed the book.
Sheri
Loved it! So looking forward to more. From start to finish it was flowing, easy to read, and kept me hooked. You know it's a good read if it meets those criteria.
Sheryl
Really good book. It flowed well and kept your interest. It was a hard book to put down. Highly recommend it!
Lita
May 18, 2013 Lita added it
Meh
Angie N. DuBois
Angie N. DuBois marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Diane Woods
Diane Woods marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Dane
Dane is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2015
Charlie
Charlie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Jan Strout
Jan Strout marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Ankita Nyati
Ankita Nyati marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Debra Barstad
Debra Barstad marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Momoffive
Momoffive marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Charity Roelker
Charity Roelker marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Jessica Smith
Jessica Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Adam Vanzant
Adam Vanzant marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Sarah Djabali
Sarah Djabali marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Al
Al marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Adrean Messmer
Adrean Messmer marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Sparethebs
Sparethebs marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Mike Bratek
Mike Bratek marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Ks
Ks marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Author's Note 1 6 Apr 19, 2012 08:45PM
5820849
Robert Allen Michael, born October 20, 1969 in Weston, West Virginia began telling tales when he was eight. He started with ghost stories, like the ones he read in books and heard from his family. Late at night, he would spin these tales hoping to scare his sisters or impress his mother.

In eighth grade, Robert wrote his first short story, a sort of "Children of the Corn" knock-off. He wanted so ba
More about Robert Michael...
Manic Monday Wayward Pines: All Roads Lead Here (Kindle Worlds Novella) Wayward Pines: Suffer the Children (Sons & Daughters of Eve #2) Kindle Worlds: Aberration Nation (A Kindle Worlds Novella)(Sons & Daughters of Eve Part 3) Rainy Days and Monday (The Jake Monday Chronicles)