Start by marking “Tormenta de espadas (Vol. 1 de 2) (Canción de Hielo y Fuego, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tormenta de espadas (Vol. 1 de 2) (Canción de Hielo y Fuego, #3)

Tormenta de espadas (Vol. 1 de 2) (A Song of Ice and Fire #3.1)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  38,804 ratings  ·  1,253 reviews
La novela río más espectacular jamás escrita

Las huestes de los fugaces reyes de Poniente, descompuestas en hordas, asuelan y esquilman una tierra castigada por la guerra e indefensa ante un invierno que se anuncia inusitadamente crudo. Las alianzas nacen y se desvanecen como volutas de humo bajo el viento helado del Norte. Ajena a las intrigas palaciegas, e ignorante del a
Paperback, Two parts edition, 628 pages
Published 2005 by Gigamesh (first published 2000)

Kristin
Better than the last book, not as good as the first. Altogether an interesting story, but the pace of the series is very slow and if GRRM mentions one more banner/sigil, I'm gonna lose it...
Tim Howard
The first volume of the third book of A Song of Ice and Fire is a 600pp behemoth in its own right. I loved the first two books, but GRRM is really revved up here. I'm not sure I have ever read a novel in which so much shit has gone down. Every chapter brings unexpected twists of fate, and at least two chapters ended with me shaking my head and whispering, "Oh. Fuck me."

If you're into this series, you don't need me to tell you to read this, and indeed you probably did so years ago. If you're not
Colette
I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews about this book: people complaining about a slow story line and a ridiculously cruel world where anyone can be killed off without a second thought. My response is: if you want a quick, happy clappy mushy book, you need to get yourself to the romance section. Or even better, the young adult section.

My biggest pet peeve in books is feeling that characters are safe. I want people to die. I want people to be miserable. It tells me that the author is serious and
Josh
George R R Martin had fun with this instalment – the evidence is in the dialogue and actions of the characters who manage to find moments of jocularity amidst the chaos of war. Tyrion Lannister is his usual swashbuckling self with a sharper sense of violence honed through bloody battle and everyday dealing with his treacherous domesticated life. Robb Stark breaks an oath and gains comfort of the flesh – a choice sure to have ramifications on the war effort. While King Joffrey continues to echo t ...more
Paul
Westeros is still in the grip of the War. Joffrey Baratheon holds the Iron Throne, but Robb Stark, Balon Greyjoy and Stannis Baratheon, jostle for their claim with blood and steel. Catelyn Stark has released Jaime Lannister as an exchange for her daughters, Sansa and Arya, who she still believes are at King's Landing. Having been victorious until now, Robb Stark suffers setbacks, and learns that Winterfell has been taken, and his other brothers are now presumed dead.

In the North the Wildlings ar
B u n n y ♥  | BooksWithBunny
*4.5 stars*

EPIC AS FUCK.
Can't wait to read part two!
Elena
Yes yes yes! Oh how I love this series!
Ashton Gibbs ♥
A Storm of Sword: Steel and Snow (Part One) – George R.R. Martin

“Martin has captured the imagination of millions.” - Guardian

The above quote which is featured on the front of the book holds so so true. George R.R. Martin is sheer brilliance when it comes to creating an exciting world for readers. Even now, after reading over 2,000 pages of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R.R. Martin is adding details that deepen our knowledge of the land, the history and the people of this spectacular world,
Kirstine
It is a good book.
Rationally I know this. And I did enjoy it. There are some great characters, great stories and great writing. It's a very imaginative and epic tale. And it has tons of things I love, like dragons and sword fighting and magic and a huge wall of ice AND WILDLINGS. Rationally I know this.

But.. My emotional response?
Too many characters.
Too many storylines.
Too many things happening in different places.
AHHH. My poor head.

The things is, I care about too few of the PoV characters
DramaQueen
After finishing A Clash Of Kings I couldn't contain myself: I had to pick up the first part in The Song of Ice and Fire-series immediately. And... I finished this bad boy in seven days. I loved A Clash Of Kings, but o my god. I can't even begin to explain how much shit goes down in this first volume of the third book (A Storm of Swords is split in two books (in most editions at least), namely: Steel and Snow and Blood and Gold).

"The night is dark and full of terrors, the day bright and beautifu
Lisa
Célia
"A Tormenta de Espadas" é a primeira parte do original "A Storm of Swords", geralmente considerado o melhor volume publicado até agora das Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo, da autoria de George R.R. Martin. Apesar de ainda só ter lido metade (do livro original), posso dizer que de todos os volumes lidos até agora este foi o meu preferido. O motivo para isto é que, para além de todos os aspectos positivos presentes nos volumes anteriores, este livro é consistente no que diz respeito ao interesse gerado pe ...more
Gregory
New favorite character: Queen of Thorns. Other than that, I thought this book was the worst entry so far. It was so full of characters complaining (I'm giving a hard side-eye to Sam & Davos, especially) & chapters that didn't really go anywhere, plot-wise. Plus, Martin's sex scenes have gone beyond tiresome & have become completely laughable. Dude, where's my male gaze? Oh, it's lingering on Ygritte's/Brienne's/Shae's "teats."

I will say, howevs, that I'm liking what Martin is doing w
Sonja - Intellectual Badass
time slept when swords woke
I'm loving the way the series progresses. There is not a single boring moment. I'm off to Part 2. Ciao.

P.S.
A Song of Ice and Fire is a series that won't disappoint. It only gets better and better. Promise. If you can't accept that as a fact of LIFE then all I've got to say to you is this:
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."
Liz
One thing I have to say about reading Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is that I can never go straight into the next one without getting some literary respite from a few other books first, despite the books always ending on about 20 different cliffhangers.

The novels are well written, and obviously have had an immense amount of work put into the writing. However, firstly they're REALLY complex. Just when you think you've got a handle on all the characters, another 5 pop up from somewhere, who y
Carmo Santos
Comecei este livro com grande expectativa e terminei-o já a acusar algum cansaço. A guerra fez uma pausa no campo de batalha mas as estratégias continuam nos salões nobres. Forjam-se alianças e casamentos para consolidar o poder, casamentos tão estapafúrdios, que não admira que houvesse tantos bastardos.
Gostei da evolução da história em torno da Daenerys e pouco mais. Demasiadas personagens, não vou (nem sequer tento) fixar tantos nomes e tenho dúvidas se irão ter um papel relevante no evoluir d
Georgia
You know, at this point I don’t even know where to start talking about this series. I am truly and completely enamoured with it, and George R. R. Martin is a sheer genius. I could literally leave this review there, but I suppose that would be unfair!

A Storm of Swords Part One was a great read from the get go. The prologue raised the hairs on the back of my neck when the arrival of the Others was announced, and let’s just say Chett’s reaction was probably rather accurate. I’m trying to think of h
Craig
Yet another great read in this wonderful series! As usual the intertwined storyline is thrilling, keeps you reading and on edge in most cases. The lines of who to like or hate are still blurred which makes for an interesting read. The sense of impending doom is building more too. Finally, again, it ends with you wanting to delve straight into the next book, which of course I plan to do :)
Rhiannon Ryder
My epic summer read continues with A Storm of Swords (book three), and another 1128 pages of George R.R. Martin goodness. What a fantastic summer read! all I want to do it loll around in the back yard with the kitties, some ice cream or a cold drink and some of George’s awesome story telling. And all this talk of freezing, and snow, and winter's coming, is all very helpful when your dying of heat stroke as well. It's almost cooling in its own right!

Being the equivalent of roughly 9 and a half of
James
It's not a totally fair review as this isn't really the book that George Martin put out. Instead, book three has been hacked into two smaller books for the attention (or bag size) challenged paperback reader. Sadly, the only way to do this is to hack the book in half - leaving all the set up and slow build in the first book and (hopefully) all the action and outcome for the second half. However, I haven't read the second half yet, so the first book seems somewhat lacking...

There were a couple of
Butterfly2507
Ich mag das Brutale und die Spannung in den Büchern. Nur dauert es eine Ewigkeit bis ich eins durchhabe...
Bec
That took me long enough to read. And now I'm wishing part 2 wasn't packed up in one of the many boxes of books in my room (because we had to move house and I DON"T KNOW WHICH BOX)
Vanessa
SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE TV SHOW OMG.
Leona Storey
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS REVIEW MAY HAVE SPOILERS FOR A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. THERE WILL BE NO SPOILERS FOR A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow IN THIS REVIEW.

“Why ask for truth when you close your ears to it?”

Considering that this was a reissue copy that was split into two halves, it’s kind of hard to review it. Most of my problems with this book relate to the fact that it’s only half a book... but to be honest, this half a book still has more pages than
Steve Rippington
Oh dear.

I so wanted to like this series. I raced through the first two books and thoroughly enjoyed them. The premise was hardly original, but the prose is well written and the plot and characterisation was refreshing. Then, three books in, came the horrible realisation that Martin has become a victim of his own success. People will buy his books no matter what he puts in them. Much like Rowling, he no longer needs to worry about an editor.

Where did he go wrong? The problems boil down to two fac
Karen Brooks
I started this book with high expectations, picking it up after having just finished book two and being unable to bear even a pause in the saga that is the Song of Fire and Ice. Well, those expectations have not only been met, but exceeded, as Martin takes the reader further into the machinations of the major houses of the Seven Kingdoms and the lives of the characters that dominate this violent, passionate and dark tapestry. In this book, we follow mainly the story of Caetlyn, Rob, Sansa and Ar ...more
Eileen
Another amazing book by Mr. Martin. I love his writing style, I think he's a genius and his books are very detailed, addictive and mesmerizing. He knows how to grab the attention of the reader, keep it all the way throughout the book and in the end he leaves you with a yearning for more. He makes you fall in love with the characters and the unique world he has created.
As much as I love this book again I must say that it has a down-side and that's the enormous amount of characters and the many ba
Mick O'Dwyer
After the mild disappointment of A Clash Of Kings, which felt like too much padding in places, this is more like it. Probably edges A Game of Thrones in terms of story-telling: pace, imagination and character development are all in high gear. Without giving away any plot details ...

Good Bits:
While one or two characters retreat to the shadows, others step forward and there's some great additions. For once I'm becoming fascinated with Daenerys character and her development, gone is the simpering
Andrew
I loved the previous books in this series:the intrigue, betrayal, huge bloody battles, death coming to characters without a moments notice. Not to mention a writing style which brought everything to life in vivid detail and made it feel real, in spite of it being firmly in the fantasy genre.

The only thing is, this particular book just falls rather short of it's predecessors for the reason that it lacks most of what I've described in the first paragraph. It starts to founder under the burden of t
I still don't like Jaime Lannister. 12 168 Oct 02, 2014 01:49AM
GOT Season Four 7 30 Jul 05, 2014 11:13AM
Please help 8 67 Jan 05, 2014 01:35AM
The Red Wedding 4 73 Jun 18, 2013 01:29AM
  • A Vingança do Assassino (A Saga do Assassino #4)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 1 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 1)
  • A Marca de Kushiel (Kushiel, #2)
  • A Senhora da Magia (As Brumas de Avalon, #1)
  • O Guerreiro-Lobo (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #2)
  • Miecz przeznaczenia (Saga o Wiedźminie, #2)
  • Os Pilares da Terra - Volume I (Os pilares da Terra, #1)
  • Presságios de Inverno (Acácia, #2)
  • Das Schicksal der Zwerge (Die Zwerge, #4)
  • The Way of Kings, Part 1 (The Stormlight Archive #1.1)
  • Pan Lodowego Ogrodu. Tom 4
  • Last of the Wilds (Age of the Five, #2)
  • Inside HBO's Game of Thrones: Seasons 1 & 2
  • Legends 1 (Legends 1, Volume 1of2)
  • The Earthsea Quartet (Earthsea Cycle, #1-4)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

More about George R.R. Martin...

A Song of Ice and Fire (8 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)
  • A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)
  • Untitled (A Song of Ice and Fire, #8)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)

“Why ask for truth when you close your ears to it? - Ser Barristan Selmy to Daenerys” 19 likes
“She should be more frightened herself, she knew. She was only ten, a skinny girl on a stolen horse with a dark forest ahead of her and men behind who would gladly cut off her feet. Yet somehow she felt calmer than ever had in Harrenhal. The rain had washed the guard's blood off her fingers, she wore a sword across her back, wolves were prowling through the dark like lean grey shadows, and Arya Stark was unafraid. Fear cuts deeper than swords, she whispered under her breath, the words that Syrio Forel had taught her, and Jaqen's words too, valar morghulis.” 7 likes