Start by marking “Secrets of Successful Writers” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Successful Writers

Secrets of Successful Writers

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Interviews with forty-nine writers as they speak about writing, publishing and promoting their books in the digital age.
The interviews include John Locke, Gordon Ferris, Stephen Carpenter, Dakota Banks, Linda Wisdom, Matthew Reilly, Loucinda McGary, David Lender, JR Rain, Jack Dann, Dale Brown, Stephanie McAfee, Andy Briggs, Kat Martin and many, many more.
Some of the writ
Published February 5th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Successful Writers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Successful Writers

Hákon Gunnarsson
Well, it should be four and a half star, but goodreads doesn't allow half stars. I found this like so many other free books on smashwords. I guess this is a collection of blog interviews that the author had on his website. I have read quite a few of those over the last and a half year, and this one is the best one yet. It actually feels like a complete work, and not just a collection of blog posts.

The authors Darrell Pitt interviews in this book have quite different methods in writing and marke
Charissa
Each chapter in this book is a blog interview with a different author about their daily writing routine, marketing strategies, writing tips, etc. Here were some of the things I learned:

Write, write, write, and write some more. More important to write five great sentences per day than five mediocre pages; don’t get so caught up in word count that you forget about quality. Don’t wait for inspiration. Carpenters don’t need inspiration to make a table. It’s their profession. If they waited for inspi
Ricardo Ribeiro
I did enjoy this book a lot. As an aspiring to writer I absorbed a good lot of advices and information from the successful fellows who accepted to be interviewed by Darrell. On the minus side, I guess some of the interviews could had been cut... it's a bit too much, specially considering a few of the questions are the same. Which might be OK... well, I have conflicting feelings about this. True, I love to hear about a typical day of a good writer and to know what advices they have to provide to ...more
Sunny Sodday
The cover page is bit weird but the book isn't. Though there are no hardcore secrets in the book but you may get to know about the regimes of successful writers. The best thing about the book is that it shares the links of all the writers. But in middle, the book becomes monotonous and don't talk something. This is a good guide if you want to know how they do it but don't read to get the insights of writing.
Robert Graves
If you're an organic writer, like me, and you want some reassurance that organic writers not named Stephan King can write successful novels, this book will give you that.
Steven Atwood
Good insights

New writers need to learn from other authors to be successful. this book can give you that insight. check this one out
Danielle
It's interesting to see how authors have gone about different ways of doing their jobs.
David Carus
Great Advice and Tips From Those Doing It

I really enjoyed reading this. It's basically dozens of short interviews with self published authors sharing their successful actions. It gives a good wide landscape in which to view the world of being a writer and makes you see that authors are just regular people like you and me.
Loving
great read!

A few years old- would love to see an updated version or just another one.
Love it though. Great perspectives on so many different authors from how they write to how they market.
Thanks Darrell!
tiffanie
Review

I loved this book on writer secrets. I want to be an author on the side when I get older and being a full-time author. I can admit Debbie Macomber has inspired me to write stories I enjoy.
John Rossman
I have to go back into it, but there is a really prolific writer. He writes almost all day long from what I understand.
Bren
I picked up a few very good nuggets of information. It was shocking how many of the authors seemed to do nothing (including sleep) but write. As a wanna be writer with a full life, this was discouraging.
Jade
Very inspiring. With some very helpful information as well.
Rakesh Ranjan
lygilghlugu buonkg
Holly Coghlan
Holly Coghlan marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Kevin Foster
Kevin Foster is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2015
Geeknoire
Geeknoire marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Katharine Everhart
Katharine Everhart marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Christian Scalf
Christian Scalf is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2015
Ani H Manjikian
Ani H Manjikian marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Lola Beverly Hills
Lola Beverly Hills marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
  • Telling Details
  • The Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success
  • Meet a Jerk, Get to Work, How to Write Villains and the Occasional Hero
  • How to Land (and Keep) a Literary Agent
  • How to Write a New York Times Bestseller in Ten Easy Steps (eBook Original)
  • Write Good or Die
  • How to Be a Writer: Building Your Creative Skills Through Practice and Play
  • How To Market A Book
  • Self-Publishing Books 101: A Step-by-Step Guide to Publishing Your Book in Multiple Formats
  • Ambrose Bierce's Write It Right: The Celebrated Cynic's Language Peeves Deciphered, Appraised, and Annotated for 21st-Century Readers
  • Inspired Creative Writing (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • How to Write a Fiction Novel in 30 Days
  • The Complete Handbook Of Novel Writing: Everything You Need To Know About Creating & Selling Your Work (Writers Digest)
  • How to Publish an eBook on a Budget - An Author's Guide
  • Story Structure Architect: A Writer's Guide to Building Dramatic Situations and Compelling Characters
  • The Oxford Essential Guide to Writing (Essential Resource Library) (Essential Resource Library)
  • 250 Things You Should Know About Writing
  • Writing Fiction for Dummies
Diary of a Teenage Superhero (Teen Superheroes, #1) The Steampunk Detective The Battle for Earth (Teen Superheroes, #3) The Doomsday Device (Teen Superheroes #2) The Firebird Mystery (A Jack Mason Adventure, #1)

“A writer never has a vacation. For a writer, life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.” 1 likes
“I love the idea of westerns. It’s a simple dynamic: a man or woman overcoming hardship to carve out a meaningful life in a savage land, while maintaining their integrity.” 0 likes