Sadie and the Big Mountain

Sadie and the Big Mountain

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When her preschool plans a Shavuot hike just like Moses took up Mt. Sinai, Sadie is afraid she is too little to make it to the top, and tries to think of ways to be absent. But when the day comes, she learns that anyone can climb high enough to reach God.
Hardcover, 1st, 32 pages
Published 2012 by Kar-Ben Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sadie and the Big Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sadie and the Big Mountain

Melissa
A solid faith-based story about worry. The fourth star is for the explanation Rabbi Jamie gives Sadie about the size of Mt Sinai, which brought tears to my eyes. Another book I need to buy for the children's library at church.

(PS. I did some reading about the author, and now realize that getting outside and hiking like they do in the story is actually a perfect reflection of her real-life calling to connect spirituality and nature, however, does it seem weird to anyone else that she wrote herse...more
Shelli
I really wish books about religion would mention on the cover that they are a book about whatever religion they are describing. I would still read those books because I want my daughter to know about other peoples faiths around the world... but I probably wouldn't grab that book at the local library until around the particular holiday. This book was well written and informative about Shavuot, a Jewish celebration.
Melissa
At first glance I thought this book would be about a little girl’s camping trip. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I never would have linked this book to talking about the Jewish holiday, Shavuot. This book was really informative about the Jewish tradition of Shavuot.
Brianna Sayres
My son loved it! Right after we finished, he asked to read it again (which we did). He especially liked all Sadie's reasons she wouldn't be able to go on the hike. And now we can't wait to findoour own Mount Sinai to climb for Shavuot.
Gary Masskin
Gary Masskin marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Joanna
Joanna added it
Feb 18, 2013
Jenna Goodall
Jenna Goodall marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Sandra
Sandra added it
Oct 08, 2012
Arthur Pengerbil
Arthur Pengerbil is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2012
God in the Wilderness: Rediscovering the Spirituality of the Great Outdoors with the Adventure Rabbi Mommy Can I Have A Puppy? The God Upgrade: Finding Your 21st-Century Spirituality in Judaism's 5,000-Year-Old Tradition Sadie's Sukkah Breakfast Sadie's Almost Marvelous Menorah