Confession Is Murder

Confession Is Murder (Patron Saint Mysteries)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  13 reviews
For middle-aged "Jersey girl," Lucille Mazzarella, only two things in life really count--her family and her friends. When her brother-in-law's body falls out of the confessional at church, everything she holds dear is threatened, especially when the police arrest her husband for the murder. Plagued by hot flashes, a thickening waistline, a mother addicted to the home shopp...more
Published April 17th 2012 by Amazon Digital (first published April 1st 2012)

Kathy
Lucille Mazzarella, from Jersey, is an endearing fun-loving girl, who cares about her family and her friends. In this book, she finds her brother-in-law dead in the confessional at the local church, where she works and sets out to figure out what happened. Along the way, she copes with a pregnant but totally unambitious daughter, friends who surprise her with longstanding secrets they never did tell her though being BFF, a husband who, like her, is going through the strains or middle age and a s...more
Annette
Lucille is a middle aged woman who works at her church, cooks and bakes for everyone she knows and has just asked her husband to move out.

This is a quick mystery read. And I am a big fan of cozy mysteries.

First of all, Lucille is an interesting character and as a lead, she is very viable. The secondary characters all add to the story. And the plot is well developed. People who are in the small town where Lucille lives are all either related in some way, or they attend the same church.

If I were...more
Yvonne
Lucille Mazzarella is a middle-aged housewife living in New Jersey. The most important things in her life are her husband, daughter and her extended family and friends. Things go crazy for Lucille when she throws her husband out of the house, her daughter has boyfriend problems, her mother buys non-stop from QVC and most of all…she stumbles upon her brother-in-law who falls out of a church confessional, very much dead!

Lucille’s husband, Frankie, and her brother-in-law, Joseph, are partners in a...more
Janet Emson
I received a copy of this book from the publishers via Net Galley and this is my honest review.

Lucille Mazzarella is at work in her local church when out of the confessional tumbles her brother-in-law Joseph. She soon realises that he is dead and that he was murdered. With her loved ones implicated she decides to take matters into her own hands and investigate for herself.

I love a 'cozy' mystery and this has all the makings of such a book, it has the small town atmosphere, quirky characters and...more
Ann
a Cute cozy about a mature, Lucille, living in her Italian neighborhood in New Jersey. She works at the local Catholic church and her husband and his friend run a local pest control company until she finds the friend dead in the confessional and her husband arrested for murder. An old boyfriend is the lead detective and the cast of suspects all grew up together. A nice little read.
DonnaCarol
Jun 02, 2012 DonnaCarol rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any one that likes a Cozy Mystery and does not mind a little language.
Recommended to DonnaCarol by: Kindle for PC
I wasnt sure how I was going to like this book as I read the first few chapters.I was concerned that the language might be a problem, but it was kept quite light and it actually did seem to fit the characters and was not added awkwardly for "affect and drama". The more I read, the more they all came to life. Even those that made short appearances, like Cousin Louis. Good humor. The murderer was woven skillfully in amongst other suspects leaving me changing my mind every few chapters about "who d...more
Sally Malkowski
Peg Cochran is a new author to me, but she will henceforth be engraved in my memory bank. Her characters are believeable and loveable and ... human. Her style is one I can easily associate with ... dialogue, humor, and knowledge of the subject(s) (the Catholic Church, solving a murder and the Italian culture). Bravo, Peg! I would rate this book 4 and 3/4 stars if I could! I look forward to a sequel.
Melissa
Peg is a middle-aged, slightly overweight Italian Jersey girl who's just thrown out her husband. Peg's brother-in-law is found dead in church. Peg's best friend's son is accused and Peg starts to investigate on her own since the police must have the wrong guy.

Fun and fast read.
Beth
The characters were hysterical and I really enjoyed that aspect (reminded me of my Italian family), but I don't know if it would be as funny reading a series with those characters, so this will probably be the only book that I read if it is a series.
Patti
The main character, Lucille, is a hoot! She actually does make a great detective, inviting everyone to Sunday dinner and praying to every conceivable saint for guidance along the way. I can't wait to read her next adventure.
NVTony
Here is a not to be missed mystery with all elements a reader could require. Title had me fooled for a time. Author knows how to keep interest & provide a story worth your time. Took my time to enjoy the book.
Jakenv
Another creative mystery. Found myself where next twist would come. Liked characters who had substance. Will be reading more from this author.
Judy Jarkovsky
Good light read with characters familiar to me as I am from the area this story takes place in. Really enjoyed the twists and turns of the plot.
Mary Catherine
Mary Catherine marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Heide
Heide marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Kelly Ballenger
Kelly Ballenger marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 30, 2014
Deb Sharp
Deb Sharp marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Linda Szekely
Linda Szekely marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Dawn Frazier
Dawn Frazier marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Characters 1 3 Oct 01, 2012 08:48AM
Allergic to Death (A Gourmet De-Lite Mystery, #1) Steamed to Death (A Gourmet De-Lite Mystery #2) Oh, Brother! Iced to Death (A Gourmet De-Lite Mystery, #3) Unholy Matrimony (A Lucille Mystery #2)

“was going to have a fit. Too bad. The shop was locked, so nothing was going to happen to it.” 0 likes