Fat, Drunk, and Stupid: The Inside Story Behind the Making of Animal House

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 3325 pages
Published April 2012 by St. Martin's Press

Patty
Matty Simmons owned The National Lampoon and ended up being the Producer of the hit movie Animal House. His insider view is very fun and very open. He doesn't try to hide the open secrets of drug and alcohol use on set but is adamant that John Belushi was clean and drinking only moderately while on set, remember he wasn't yet a superstar. He had just started doing Saturday Night Live but it was his Bluto character that catapulted him into the highest reaches of Hollywood fame.

I love the descript...more
Kevin Mclaughlin
I love behind the scenes stuff, and of course anything with Animal House (or classic comedies) is likely to pique my interest. While there were some interesting nuggets of information in this book, I had hoped for much more. Still, there is some solid background on the genesis of the movie idea, and what it took to pull it together. The writing style wasn't particularly clever, considering the subject matter. If nothing else, I will display it proudly if not recommend it to anyone as a "must rea...more
martha
this is a book if you're interested in the making of animal house. writing is not great, but it's fun, although the story of the 32 days of making it is short.
Wolfdreamer
I enjoyed finding out how they made the hatred between Omegas and Deltas where achieved
Mattie
Mattie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Brendan Carr
Brendan Carr marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Joshua Gonzales
Joshua Gonzales marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2012
Stewart Macwilliam
Stewart Macwilliam marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
Louanne Caspar
Louanne Caspar marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2012
Brad
Brad marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2012
Paul French
Paul French marked it as to-read
May 18, 2012
Fat, Drunk, and Stupid: The Inside Story Behind the Making of Animal House If You Don't Buy This Book, We'll Kill This Dog!: Life, Laughs, Love, and Death at the National Lampoon National Lampoon Art Poster Book The Credit Card Catastrophe: The 20th Century Phenomenon That Changed the World National Lampoon October 1988