Land of the Noonday Sun (Southern Suspense, #2)

Land of the Noonday Sun (Southern Suspense #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Cassandra is the beautiful, yet analytical daughter of a wealthy attorney. Destined to follow in her father’s footsteps, her life of privilege suddenly shatters, and she finds herself with no home, career, or money. A glimmer of hope arrives in a letter from the grave promising a happier existence. Cassandra stands to inherit over half a million dollars if she can live in...more
ebook
Published May 30th 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing and Books LLC (first published March 23rd 2012)

Dinosaurs &  Cherry Stems by Susan Jean RicciBlue Coyote Motel by Dianne HarmanBreaking the Nexus by Lindsay AvalonRoses at Dusk by M.W. RussellSeal of Destiny by Traci Douglass
Best New Author Books
335th out of 946 books — 1,307 voters
She Belongs To Me by Carmen DeSousaThe Executive's Decision by Bernadette MarieUntil Darkness Comes by Melynda PriceThrough the Glass by Lisa J. HobmanBridge Over the Atlantic by Lisa J. Hobman
5 Prince Publishing
15th out of 49 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica (Just a Booklover)
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars, but we're going to round up because I loved this book :)

See this review and more on my blog: Just a Booklover

Carmen DeSousa has officially been added to my list of authors I will read anything by If her name's on it, I want to read it. Land of the Noonday Sun was that great.

Right of the bat, this book begins with a very intriguing scenario, and then continues into more events that just suck you in. Then, we start getting attached to the characters and drawn into the mys...more
Phuong
Author Carmen DeSousa has written another emotional & suspenseful story about family, love, betrayal and forgiveness that captured my attention from the beginning and I could not stop reading. The hero and heroine, Chad and Cassie both suffered tragedy when they were young. Now as adults, they meet for the first time and must work and live together for at least 6 months due to circumstances beyond their control. Cassie learns that life doesn't always pan out as planned personally and career-...more
Carmen DeSousa
Apr 19, 2012 Carmen DeSousa added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Well, it's my book, so that wouldn't really be fair, but I will tell you the main character is one of my favorite protagonist out of my four books publishing this year.

Here's the blurb and mini synopsis though:

When two strangers have nothing left but their dreams, they must forge a relationship in Nantahala, North Carolina, a small town known as Land of the Noonday Sun.

J.
Ordinarily I don't read much romance. But since I am getting into a co-write with a friend who is a romance buff I thought I should brush up on the genre, so I didn't feel so out of water.

This was definitely a perfect first read for me in this genre. The built tension between the Main Characters was perfection. And even though I saw the twist coming and even figured out who before it was time, it was well worth the read.

Thanks for making my first romantic read an enjoyable one (hey it has a Must...more
Jaime Rush
What I liked about this book was that it wasn't the usual mystery, romance or suspense. It had all three but didn't follow expectations. I liked and cared about the characters. Some of Chad's "issues" kept the tension going on whether this couple would make it or not, and then they are tested beyond their limits. A great read!
Terry Trahan
WOW! Just finished Land of the Noonday Sun and it had me guessing all the way to the end! I thought I had it figured out several times, but the ending really threw me for a loop! I absolutely love Carmen DeSousa's writing ability! You MUST read all of her books!
Purestsound
Good book...I will be reading more of hers.
Amy (So Many Reads Book Blog)
I really enjoy Carmen’s books. She has such interesting characters that have such real emotions. In this story the hero falls in love with the heroine the first time he meets her. We don’t see that happen in real life all the time so it is refreshing to read that in a story. It allows the reader to be swept up in the love the hero and heroine have for one another. One of the things I liked about this story was the hero and heroin's openness with their faith. You don’t see this often in romantic...more
Christine Steendam
When I first started reading Land of the Noonday Sun I was a little confused, but intrigued. I knew it would be a romance novel, but it started with two broken families and I couldn't figure out which parent the story would be about. Turns out I was a little off the mark. I turned the page and realized it wasn't about the adults of the broken homes, it was about the children, now grown. Skipping forward quite a few years, we are introduced to Cassandra, a law graduate. When her life is turned up...more
Kim
Another excellent book from this author. I loved her first book She Belongs To Me, but this book took me to new heights. Both Chad and Cassandra believe their lives are headed where they want to be in life. Cassandra headed towards being a attorney like her father and chad learning to run his parents business. Cassandra's father dies of cancer and Chads parents die in a crash together. Find out how their lives intertwine and if they can find a new direction in life. They both have issues to over...more
WiLoveBooks
I loved this one. I think it has a lot to do with the characters. Carmen DeSousa may be incapable of writing a hero that doesn't make me melt. Chad is so sweet. He is not without flaws, but who is? He and Cassie have both had a rough time in the past, but find one another under rather unusual circumstances. And then, just when everything is going great...well, I don't want to ruin it. But there is suspense as well and it will have you turning pages to find out what will happen next.
There is a fu...more
Ann Mullen
Land of the Noonday Sun is not the type of book I normally read, but I decided to give it a try after meeting the author on Twitter. And, I’m glad I did. It was a well-written, lovely Christian based/romance/suspense YA novel with interesting characters and a storyline that comes to a feel-good, dramatic conclusion. Good for you, Carmen DeSousa! Five stars!
Kelly
This was the second DeSousa book I read. I enjoyed this one just as much as the first, even if the plot lines were a bit similar. The story is utterly engaging and will keep you hooked and wanting to know what comes next up until the very end. The author's breathtaking description of Nantahala will make you fall in love with Land of the Noonday Sun - even those of us who read most of this book on a city bus.

It's romantic as all get out without too much sexytime action to make it dirty. The Chris...more
Tom Elder
Carmen DeSousa. Epic
Land of the Noonday Sun
When Cassandra's mum and dad split up when she was a very young child it takes a long time to adjust to only having one parent. She then goes to university to study law and follow in her fathers footsteps when her father develops cancer and dies. She decides to complete her law degree, when she then finds out that her mother had died in a plane crash.
Circumstances bring her to Nantahala, North Carolina where her mother and her mothers husband who also d...more
Janice Hoskins
I thoroughly enjoyed this story that takes place in NC. It has it all...heartaches of different degrees, love to the point of destruction. Land of the Noonday Sun shows how you can over come the very worst that can happen, if you seek God's help. This is a book for all ages. Oh, I do need to mention...there is a real twist you will not see coming. Well done.
Ruthie
As I read the book, I didn't think it measured up to She Belongs to Me. However, she did a really good job in making me think who the bad guy/gal was. I wonder why the writer is always into quick marriages without giving the characters enough time to know each other and also the female character is always in danger when not in her home state, but that is Carmen for you and she is a great author. I gave her five stars because she did a good job of fooling me ;)
Diana
Ann
Okay, just not my fav. It didn't keep me interested.
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Sally Ember
Sally Ember marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Nancy
Nancy added it
Mar 25, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Audry Bishop
Audry Bishop marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A romantic-suspense writer, my novels overflow with romance, mystery, suspense, and of course, tragedy. After all, what would a great story be without a tragic event setting the stage? My sensual and gripping mysteries have earned bestseller status on three continents because of their ability to make readers love, laugh, cry, gasp, and hope.

She Belongs to Me - December 2011

Land of the Noonday Sun...more
More about Carmen DeSousa...
She Belongs To Me (Southern Suspense, #1) The Depot Creatus (Creatus, #1) The Pit Stop Split Decisions (Southern Suspense, #5)