Start by marking “Having My Baby” as Want to Read:
Having My Baby

Having My Baby

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  3,195 Ratings  ·  250 Reviews
"Mr. Baylor," the officer said, "have you ever met either of these women?"

Derrick's mind was numb, but somehow he managed to say, "No. Never."

"You're making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you've got me wondering too--what is your business with this woman?"

Derrick pried his gaze from the woman's stomach and raised his eyes to hers. "She's having my baby."

~~~

Growing up,
Published April 2012

To ask other readers questions about Having My Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Having My Baby

Anne OK
Apr 20, 2012 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
What a fortunate find and a freebie, too! Call me crazy but the cover first drew my attention and, after reading the descriptive blurb, I one-clicked.

This is the story of an NFL football player who, before he became rich and famous, sold his sperm for much needed money. Later, of course, he changes his mind but a mix up occurred with his paperwork resulting in a pregnancy. Somewhere out there Sperm Recipient 3516A is pregnant with Derrick Baylor’s baby and he’s determined to find said recipient
Fred
Apr 23, 2012 Fred rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Linda Kage
Shelves: romance
This is a fun fast read with two great MC's who will have you shaking your head at their stubborn self-defeating silliness, even as you are reveling in their irresistible attraction. I am super appreciative that Theresa Ragan made this available for free last Friday, thank you! I'm honestly feeling kind of guilty about taking advantage of that, that's how good this is!

MC Jill is pregnant (see cover for clue alert) as our story opens. Her ex-boyfriend, Thomas the Weasel, left her standing at the
Karla
Fabulous freebie! I picked this up on a whim. I have other books from this author that have gotten some good ratings...all free at one time too...so I checked it out. I intend on reading all of them...after reading this little gem today.

When I read the blurb for the story, I thought this sounds ridiculous, so I clicked on "read the sample", because I'm so overwhelmed with books, I didn't want to add another one, just for the sake of getting it for free. I sampled, and needed more right away. I
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿

I like the story. I'm just not sure if I can say the same for both of the main characters.

Don't get me wrong, I was really set to finishing this book because the premise of sperm-donation is quite new to me. I mean, I have read something like this once or twice from Harlequin, but never in this length. It's too bad that i found the characters quite annoying and stubborn.

Derrick is a football player who was once upon a time paid to have his sperm donated. Jill is a recently-heartbroken
Fanny
Sep 02, 2014 Fanny rated it liked it

Cuando empece a leer este libro pense que seria una historia mas corta, el libro me gusto pero hubieron partes en las que se me hizo un poco lento y tedioso.
Jill fue un personaje que me gusto mucho, y en muchas ocasiones me identifique con ella, me parecio que era una protagonista muy bien hecha y la autora hace un maravilloso trabajo creando un personaje tan real.
Derrick fue un protagonista que en momentos amaba y con el que me reia mucho y en otras ocasiones queria ahorcarlo, me sacaba de quic
Ann ♣*•..•*´`*•.Keep calm & READ.•*´`*•.¸
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·4.5 stars

Bueno, me gustó mucho la historia, porque bueno, de verdad me puse a pensar que era un caso de uno en un millón que un padre se sienta tan responsable por un niño al que no ayudó en nada a procrear.

Jill Garrison una joven mujer, que después de ser humillada por su ex-prometido dejándola plantada en un altar, y siempre siendo mangoneada por sus padres decide cambiar su rumbo y "revelarse".
Al principio, su cita con la compañía de fertilización estaba en sus planes p
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Aug 25, 2013 Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-it
"Mr. Baylor, have you ever met either of these women?”

“No. Never.”

“You’re making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you’ve got me wondering too—what is your business with this woman?”

“She’s having my baby.”

All Jill Garrison ever wanted was to become a mother. Unfortunately, her fiancé can't have children so when he leaves her at the alter Jill can't but speed up her dream. And so she does. Finding a company is easy, but having a real baby isn't as easy as she thought..

Derrick Baylor has always
Kat
Mar 16, 2014 Kat rated it really liked it
Jill Garrison desde que era una niña ha querido desesperadamente ser madre, así que cuando su prometido, quien no puede concebir, la planta en el altar avergonzandola delante de su familia y amigos, decide seguir el plan de su vida: Tener un hijo.

Así se encuentra con CryoCorp, una compañia donde se dona semen de calidad, y con la alegría de haber concebido tan deprisa nunca espero conocer al donante y padre su hijo. Así que, cuando él se presenta alegando querer estar al lado de hijo y madre, ¿
Ida
Dec 15, 2014 Ida rated it did not like it
I can't believe I managed to finish this. It was so bad and horribly annoying. Jill was a TSTL sort of woman and I have no real clue why Derrick liked her at all other than "she's my baby momma".
She was so distrustful and that's understandable under the circumstances but in this case she was distrustful and worried about his mean intentions so it was always her that did the mean things. She left the hospital with the baby when she promised to wait there for Derick. She freaks out about everythin
Tia
Apr 27, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
When the heroine was left at the alter by a man she thought she loved, she didn't cry, she didn't freak out. She moved and went to a cryogenic bank to get pregnant because all she's wanted in her life is a baby of her very own.

When the hero got the notice his sperm was being used for a client, he freaked out. Eighteen months ago he sent the bank notice that he wanted his sample destroyed. Now he needs to find the woman who may be the mother of his child.

Upon the hero and heroine meeting, everyt
Jacqueline
Cute story. I liked the hero, Derrick, better than the heroine, Jill, but that may have been because the heroine was not as well developed. The hero's large family was one of the strengths of the book. There were some very predictable elements in the book. How do you prove someone is kind and a worthwhile human being? Have them rescue a dog of course and the nastier looking and more ill behaved the better. So overdone in romances. I did like how the hero had other stuff going on in his life and ...more
Lisa Kay
★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Unoffensive narration. Sarah Drew's reading didn't bother me, but I thought she made the hero's friends sound like they were in high-school; or maybe that was just the dialogue. LOL!

I'm not really too keen on story lines where the hero and heroine are in love with other people. **shrugs** Torn on the rating between 3 and 3 stars. This book certainly grew on me, though, and the author gets points for being able to pull off this theme, so I went up. I app
Amafle
Mar 22, 2014 Amafle rated it it was amazing
Tiene todo lo que me gusta de un libro de su estilo, la dosis perfecta de pasión, la cantidad exacta de tonterías y un argumento bien desarrollado que me atrapó desde el principio, y por si no fuera poco es todo romántico, tierno y tonto, un libro hermoso que me encantoooooo
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
This book is excellent! I truly wish more people knew about it. It is a unique story of how love finds two people and brings them together. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to read a sweet love story.
Kara Parks
Apr 20, 2012 Kara Parks rated it really liked it
I loved this love but I would have liked to have seen it left more open end so we could read more from the Baylors
Karen
Apr 20, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Having My Baby was such a fun and easy read. I find that sometimes I am in the mood for a book where I can put the cruise control on and settle in to enjoy the ride. This for me was one of those books. It kept my attention, was sweet and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed this and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun and romantic read.
Dalimar
Apr 16, 2014 Dalimar rated it really liked it
Me gustó mucho la historia, tiene romance y comedia, dos cualidades que me encantan en un libro. También es super fácil de leer. Lo leí en un suspiro.
Charnell
5 she's having my baby stars. I really , really enjoyed this book.. It was a quick but good read. Lexi was hilarious lol. Derrick's family was awesome and I really enjoyed them. Great book!!
A Bookworm Reading (Plethora)
Mostly run of the mill chick-lit type romance. Ultra hunk and jilted girl, can they get over their past hang-ups and move on in life?
Maria Sol
Apr 19, 2014 Maria Sol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro que me resulto hermoso. Una historia con una premisa algo loca pero sumamente atrayente y que te atrapa en un instante, no solo por su argumento sino también porque sus personajes son geniales.
Es un libro muy facil de leer, es simple a pesar de que el tema que toca puede parecer rebuscado, el libro no lo es para nada, nos habla del amor, del que buscamos y del que aparece sin querer, de la familia con lo bueno y lo malo y de la amistad. A mi me encanto!!!
Derrick y Jill se conocen de un
Heather
Jun 09, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book. Needing money and desperate, Derrick donates some of his sperm for money but later gives the money back with a letter that he doesn't want his sperm used and wishes it was destroyed knowing that he could never live life knowing that he had a child out in the world. Later, he gets a letter stating that a recipient has chose his sperm. Of course, he needs to find this women so he could know for sure if he does have a child on the way. He does end up finding Jill an ...more
Haren Riett
Sep 12, 2013 Haren Riett rated it it was amazing
I soooo totally loved the book..though it was quite a journey to reach to the intensity of the story, but it twas absolutely quite the wait..i absolutely recommend the book..
Such a page turner and mind you, i was teary eyed when i read this..i cant crybecause my famz near me.so i just laugh at the funny scenes. I wasteary eyed becausei totally felt what the characters felt, most especially Jill. Being such a proper lady, following every commands of her parents really got to me and also derrick w
Paula Legate
Jan 09, 2015 Paula Legate rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
I enjoyed this story. It mirrored some of the other books with this same plot, but the author put a lot of detail into the story. I could feel the emotions that Derrick and Jill were feeling. The two strangers met because Derrick found out Jill was having his baby. Many years ago Derrick needed money and donated his sperm. He thought about it, and gave back the money, and told the sperm bank to get rid of his deposit. Years later he receives a letter thanking him, basically saying that he had he ...more
Maqluba
Now THIS is how you write a baby-by-mistake chick lit! Reading them (the other being Baby, Oh Baby! ) back to back I can definitely say I liked this one more and I think it's because this one felt a little more real, rather than a forced chaos-infused situation. The heroine was more down-to-earth and had a smart head on her shoulder (even when she's hormonal lol), and she had me on her side all the way. The hero wasn't as arrogant or selfish as other sports-themed heroes would be in this situati ...more
Haley
Dec 06, 2012 Haley rated it it was ok
Although I liked the main story line, there were too many side characters. 2 friends, 4 parents, about 10 siblings plus their significant others, an ex, the dog, the doctor, and two kids. There were 2 secondary love stories that weren't that interesting. It was all too much. I put the book down for a day or two and couldn't remember who Zoey and Conner and Hank were when I came back. I understand she wanted to show rich lives for the characters but it was just crazy. It really detracted from the ...more
Black Butterfly
Jan 11, 2015 Black Butterfly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: comedy-romance
WHILE SITTING HEREE WAITING ON BAD WEATHER (an ice storm) TO HIT US, I DECIDED I NEEDED SOMETHING LITE-N-HAPPY TO READ. I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A LITTLE FLUFFY READ BUT IT WAS SO MUCH MORE DIFFERENT PLOT BUT IT WORKED. WELL THANK GOODNESS WE DIDN'T QUITE GET ALL THAT BAD WEATHER,(we dodged a bullet) SOME BUT NO ALL(yippee!). I DID GET A GREAT READ, THIS WAS A GREAT BOOK WONDERFUL CHARACTERS AND STORY LINE. DERRICK & JILL KEPT ME LAUGHING FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. THE OTHER CHARACTERS BO ...more
J.M. Stone
Jan 04, 2013 J.M. Stone rated it really liked it
I really liked this story, it was very cute and really pulled on my heartstrings! Derrick is somewhat misguided in his own mind when it comes to love, but he's not letting Jill get away because she's having his baby! Jill pissed me off a few times by pushing Derrick away when he was only trying to help, but for the most part, I loved the characters. All of them are very likeable, and the author does a really good job connecting the reader with them. I have to admit that I teared up at one part b ...more
Corandra
Mar 15, 2014 Corandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es un libro sencillo con una historia muy linda y refrescante. Un libro excelente, para pasar un rato divertido y agradable.

La historia de amor entre Derrick y Jill es muy bonita y tierna, aunque a veces a él le hubiera dicho cuatro cosas y dado unas cuantas collejas por lo ciego que está en cuanto a los supuestos sentimientos que tiene hacia Maggie su amiga de la infancia.

Quizás no es el mejor libro que me he leído, pero me ha dejado un muy buen sabor de boca.
Los personajes secundarios me han c
Caroline Yamashita
Jan 16, 2015 Caroline Yamashita rated it really liked it
Muito divertido!
sabe aqueles livros descontraídos, que só a tem a intenção de te fazer suspirar?
É esse o livro!
Eu lia e imaginava exatamente os personagens, como se tivesse vendo um filme.
Além do romance lindo que o casal principal vivencia, tem outros personagens IMPORTANTÍSSIMOS para que a história ficasse completa e ainda mais amável, como é o caso da Lexi (amor total por ela).
RECOMENDO MUITOOOO!
*♡Carol♡*
Apr 21, 2016 *♡Carol♡* rated it did not like it
I actually really like the plot but his obssesion with ow was too much I really started to dislike the hero a lot cause i dont like heros who are in love with ow it left a bad taste in my mouth and i really tried to finish it but ugh he took too long to realize his love for the heroine and not the ow and poor him was confuse about loving two women !
ewww and gross for the hero
Jamie C
Sep 26, 2016 Jamie C marked it as dnf
DNf @ 12%. Whew! Today has not been a good day in the books department, sadly. For this book I have to dnf because the H has very strong feelings for the ow and there are other components. Nothing against the author, I just don't personally agree like the elements of the book.
Ker
Oct 17, 2014 Ker rated it it was amazing
Que ternura de libro.
Tiene una mezcla de amor, humor, perdón y una pizca de drama. Suena una mezcla rara, pero es muy buena.
La historia se desarrolla rápida, pero sin perder detalle además engancha desde el primer momento. Recomendada.
Jessica
Mar 05, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, just wish there was more from this family, I wish each brother got there own book.
Yesenia Gonzalez
Book was okay I wish they would have loved each other sooner
Erika
Aug 21, 2015 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me gusto la trama romantica,facil de leer,lo recomiendo.
Brenda
Jul 16, 2014 Brenda rated it really liked it
Laqua
Apr 05, 2014 Laqua rated it really liked it
El punto de partida de la historia es original, me gustó eso.
Se lee rápido y es ameno. Deja un buen sabor en la boca.

Los puntos positivísimos del libro:
*La familia de Derrick: ¡me encantó! Están bien delineados a pesar de no ser secundarios principales la mayoría. Cómo describe el ambiente en la casa de los padres, la relación entre los hermanos: con sus códigos, sus buenas y sus malas, ¡hasta los comentarios entrometidos!
*Lexie: ¡una divina total! Y juro que conozco a una nenita así :D
*El matr
Shauna
Aug 08, 2012 Shauna rated it it was ok
Cute enough for a light read, but plot/characters were too unbelievable for me to fully enjoy it. Was I the only one that was bugged that this woman was wearing thong panties 2 weeks after having a baby and "getting it on" with the guy 3 weeks postpartum? Anyone who has every given birth would have a difficult time swallowing either of those scenarios. I did enjoy Derrick's big family...it's the kind of family anyone would want to marry into!
Anaïs
4 out of 5 Stars for this cute story!

Derrick Baylor's life changes the moment he receives a letter from the Spermbank, informing him he made one of their customers very happy by giving the gift of life. Except that he had ordered the bank to destroy his sperm ages ago!

Coming from a big family full of love, he is determined to track the "customer" aka Jill Garrison down because he can't have the baby growing up without a father. However, little did he know that he'll find much more than just a pr
Aldy
La heroína me generaba ganas de matarla, tooodo giraba entorno suyo y el resto tenía que andarla entendiendo o ayudando, pobre ella siempre y para colmo el héroe vive justificándola. Ejemplo: a ella la plantan en el altar y como ya no lo tiene al novio decide quedar embarazada por inseminación artificial, y expresamente dice que lo hizo porque ella no estaba interesada en casarse pero si desde chica pedía en navidad, tener un hijo y que ella se mentalizó a tenerlo sola porque así era más cómodo ...more
Cyndi
May 17, 2012 Cyndi rated it it was amazing
Nancy
May 19, 2012 Nancy rated it it was ok
I did enjoy the premise of this story but it failed to deliver a believable romance. The heart was missing in this story. Most of the characters were unlikeable and I didn't feel attached to any of them. I kept reading to the end, so there was something there to keep me interested but I just felt this story lacked real emotion.
Marie
Mar 03, 2013 Marie rated it really liked it
oh so adorable. Theresa Ragan is my new favourite author! Her writing makes me so into the book. No part of the book was ever boring nor did I think about skipping a page or two (which what I usually do these days). I always enjoy baby stories! Jill and Derrick are cute together. I finished it in a day.
Ella
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Wow! I LOVED IT!! When I picked up the book, I was hoping for it to be a decent read. The plot seemed common so I just hoped it would we well written (since I like books on single parenting or unplanned pregnancies) But boy, did this one blow my mind! not only was it well written, the story was also very good. I loved the H/h, both sweet and good and I loved their story but I also like the subplots- Aaron/Maggie and Sandy/Connor. I loved the Baylor family and would love to re ...more
★ ☆ Booksaholic ★ ☆
Aug 26, 2013 ★ ☆ Booksaholic ★ ☆ rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Jill is a bitch and treats Derrick like crap. He was always having to apologize, I think she should have got down on her knees at the end and begged him to come back to her. Stupid chicks thinking just cuz they had they baby makes them blameless in everything.
Kelly
Feb 07, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Having My Baby is a sweet, easy read!

Imagine being left at the altar by the man you thought wanted to spend the rest of your lives together, going ahead with your plan to have a baby,something you desperately want and then find out our the sperm donor knows.....and wants to be a part of the baby's life?

That's what happened to Jill.But don't think Jill is a pushover, she is strong.

Derrick is a pro football player who sold his sperm years ago and now has regrets. When he finds out his sperm was us
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • Chloe's Donor
  • Amazon Lily
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • More Than One Night
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
  • What Mattered Most
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Top-Notch Surgeon, Pregnant Nurse
  • Marriage by Necessity (Bravo Family, #2) (Conveniently Yours, #2)
  • The Right to Remain Mine
  • His Sugar Baby
  • A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy
  • Having Nathan's Baby (Having His Baby, #1)
  • Bound To You
T.R. Ragan (Theresa Ragan) is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling mystery and thriller author.

Readers interested in signing up for a monthly newsletter or getting their name in a TR RAGAN book should check out her website at www.trragan.com

Facebook • Twitter • Instagram: @trraganauthor

LIZZY GARDNER SERIES
Abducted
Dead Weight
A Dark Mind
Obsessed
Almost Dead
Evil Never Dies
More about Theresa Ragan...