Start by marking “Having My Baby” as Want to Read:
Having My Baby

Having My Baby

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  2,831 ratings  ·  226 reviews
"Mr. Baylor," the officer said, "have you ever met either of these women?"

Derrick's mind was numb, but somehow he managed to say, "No. Never."

"You're making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you've got me wondering too--what is your business with this woman?"

Derrick pried his gaze from the woman's stomach and raised his eyes to hers. "She's having my baby."

Growing up,
Published April 2012

To ask other readers questions about Having My Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Having My Baby

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesPerfection by R.L. MathewsonKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst
Best Accidentally Pregnant in Romance Novels
55th out of 633 books — 1,910 voters
Having My Baby by Theresa RaganNever Let You Go by Sabrina DevonshireSmooth Talking Stranger by Lisa KleypasSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
1st out of 98 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Anne OK
What a fortunate find and a freebie, too! Call me crazy but the cover first drew my attention and, after reading the descriptive blurb, I one-clicked.

This is the story of an NFL football player who, before he became rich and famous, sold his sperm for much needed money. Later, of course, he changes his mind but a mix up occurred with his paperwork resulting in a pregnancy. Somewhere out there Sperm Recipient 3516A is pregnant with Derrick Baylor’s baby and he’s determined to find said recipient
Apr 24, 2012 Fred rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Linda Kage
Shelves: romance
This is a fun fast read with two great MC's who will have you shaking your head at their stubborn self-defeating silliness, even as you are reveling in their irresistible attraction. I am super appreciative that Theresa Ragan made this available for free last Friday, thank you! I'm honestly feeling kind of guilty about taking advantage of that, that's how good this is!

MC Jill is pregnant (see cover for clue alert) as our story opens. Her ex-boyfriend, Thomas the Weasel, left her standing at the
Fabulous freebie! I picked this up on a whim. I have other books from this author that have gotten some good ratings...all free at one time I checked it out. I intend on reading all of them...after reading this little gem today.

When I read the blurb for the story, I thought this sounds ridiculous, so I clicked on "read the sample", because I'm so overwhelmed with books, I didn't want to add another one, just for the sake of getting it for free. I sampled, and needed more right away. I
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿

I like the story. I'm just not sure if I can say the same for both of the main characters.

Don't get me wrong, I was really set to finishing this book because the premise of sperm-donation is quite new to me. I mean, I have read something like this once or twice from Harlequin, but never in this length. It's too bad that i found the characters quite annoying and stubborn.

Derrick is a football player who was once upon a time paid to have his sperm donated. Jill is a recently-heartbroken

Cuando empece a leer este libro pense que seria una historia mas corta, el libro me gusto pero hubieron partes en las que se me hizo un poco lento y tedioso.
Jill fue un personaje que me gusto mucho, y en muchas ocasiones me identifique con ella, me parecio que era una protagonista muy bien hecha y la autora hace un maravilloso trabajo creando un personaje tan real.
Derrick fue un protagonista que en momentos amaba y con el que me reia mucho y en otras ocasiones queria ahorcarlo, me sacaba de quic
Ann ♣*•..•*´`*•.Keep calm & READ.•*´`*•.¸
.· .·*) .·*)
(.· (.·4.5 stars

Bueno, me gustó mucho la historia, porque bueno, de verdad me puse a pensar que era un caso de uno en un millón que un padre se sienta tan responsable por un niño al que no ayudó en nada a procrear.

Jill Garrison una joven mujer, que después de ser humillada por su ex-prometido dejándola plantada en un altar, y siempre siendo mangoneada por sus padres decide cambiar su rumbo y "revelarse".
Al principio, su cita con la compañía de fertilización estaba en sus planes p
Jill Garrison desde que era una niña ha querido desesperadamente ser madre, así que cuando su prometido, quien no puede concebir, la planta en el altar avergonzandola delante de su familia y amigos, decide seguir el plan de su vida: Tener un hijo.

Así se encuentra con CryoCorp, una compañia donde se dona semen de calidad, y con la alegría de haber concebido tan deprisa nunca espero conocer al donante y padre su hijo. Así que, cuando él se presenta alegando querer estar al lado de hijo y madre, ¿
When the heroine was left at the alter by a man she thought she loved, she didn't cry, she didn't freak out. She moved and went to a cryogenic bank to get pregnant because all she's wanted in her life is a baby of her very own.

When the hero got the notice his sperm was being used for a client, he freaked out. Eighteen months ago he sent the bank notice that he wanted his sample destroyed. Now he needs to find the woman who may be the mother of his child.

Upon the hero and heroine meeting, everyt
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
"Mr. Baylor, have you ever met either of these women?”

“No. Never.”

“You’re making the ladies nervous, and truthfully, you’ve got me wondering too—what is your business with this woman?”

“She’s having my baby.”

All Jill Garrison ever wanted was to become a mother. Unfortunately, her fiancé can't have children so when he leaves her at the alter Jill can't but speed up her dream. And so she does. Finding a company is easy, but having a real baby isn't as easy as she thought..

Derrick Baylor has always
Cute story. I liked the hero, Derrick, better than the heroine, Jill, but that may have been because the heroine was not as well developed. The hero's large family was one of the strengths of the book. There were some very predictable elements in the book. How do you prove someone is kind and a worthwhile human being? Have them rescue a dog of course and the nastier looking and more ill behaved the better. So overdone in romances. I did like how the hero had other stuff going on in his life and ...more
Tiene todo lo que me gusta de un libro de su estilo, la dosis perfecta de pasión, la cantidad exacta de tonterías y un argumento bien desarrollado que me atrapó desde el principio, y por si no fuera poco es todo romántico, tierno y tonto, un libro hermoso que me encantoooooo
Kellie G.
Such an adorable read. Really enjoyed the unique storyline. Not super steamy, but romantic & emotional. Loved the characters! Would love it if Derrick's siblings got follow up books. Definitely plan to read more by this author.
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
This book is excellent! I truly wish more people knew about it. It is a unique story of how love finds two people and brings them together. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to read a sweet love story.
Kara Parks
I loved this love but I would have liked to have seen it left more open end so we could read more from the Baylors
Paula Legate
I enjoyed this story. It mirrored some of the other books with this same plot, but the author put a lot of detail into the story. I could feel the emotions that Derrick and Jill were feeling. The two strangers met because Derrick found out Jill was having his baby. Many years ago Derrick needed money and donated his sperm. He thought about it, and gave back the money, and told the sperm bank to get rid of his deposit. Years later he receives a letter thanking him, basically saying that he had he ...more
Having My Baby was such a fun and easy read. I find that sometimes I am in the mood for a book where I can put the cruise control on and settle in to enjoy the ride. This for me was one of those books. It kept my attention, was sweet and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed this and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun and romantic read.
Black Butterfly
Jan 12, 2015 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
Shelves: comedy-romance
5 she's having my baby stars. I really , really enjoyed this book.. It was a quick but good read. Lexi was hilarious lol. Derrick's family was awesome and I really enjoyed them. Great book!!
Me gustó mucho la historia, tiene romance y comedia, dos cualidades que me encantan en un libro. También es super fácil de leer. Lo leí en un suspiro.
Maria Sol
Un libro que me resulto hermoso. Una historia con una premisa algo loca pero sumamente atrayente y que te atrapa en un instante, no solo por su argumento sino también porque sus personajes son geniales.
Es un libro muy facil de leer, es simple a pesar de que el tema que toca puede parecer rebuscado, el libro no lo es para nada, nos habla del amor, del que buscamos y del que aparece sin querer, de la familia con lo bueno y lo malo y de la amistad. A mi me encanto!!!
Derrick y Jill se conocen de un
I can't believe I managed to finish this. It was so bad and horribly annoying. Jill was a TSTL sort of woman and I have no real clue why Derrick liked her at all other than "she's my baby momma".
She was so distrustful and that's understandable under the circumstances but in this case she was distrustful and worried about his mean intentions so it was always her that did the mean things. She left the hospital with the baby when she promised to wait there for Derick. She freaks out about everythin
I loved, loved, loved this book. Needing money and desperate, Derrick donates some of his sperm for money but later gives the money back with a letter that he doesn't want his sperm used and wishes it was destroyed knowing that he could never live life knowing that he had a child out in the world. Later, he gets a letter stating that a recipient has chose his sperm. Of course, he needs to find this women so he could know for sure if he does have a child on the way. He does end up finding Jill an ...more
Haren Riett
I soooo totally loved the book..though it was quite a journey to reach to the intensity of the story, but it twas absolutely quite the wait..i absolutely recommend the book..
Such a page turner and mind you, i was teary eyed when i read this..i cant crybecause my famz near i just laugh at the funny scenes. I wasteary eyed becausei totally felt what the characters felt, most especially Jill. Being such a proper lady, following every commands of her parents really got to me and also derrick w
Caroline Yamashita
Muito divertido!
sabe aqueles livros descontraídos, que só a tem a intenção de te fazer suspirar?
É esse o livro!
Eu lia e imaginava exatamente os personagens, como se tivesse vendo um filme.
Além do romance lindo que o casal principal vivencia, tem outros personagens IMPORTANTÍSSIMOS para que a história ficasse completa e ainda mais amável, como é o caso da Lexi (amor total por ela).
Now THIS is how you write a baby-by-mistake chick lit! Reading them (the other being Baby, Oh Baby! ) back to back I can definitely say I liked this one more and I think it's because this one felt a little more real, rather than a forced chaos-infused situation. The heroine was more down-to-earth and had a smart head on her shoulder (even when she's hormonal lol), and she had me on her side all the way. The hero wasn't as arrogant or selfish as other sports-themed heroes would be in this situati ...more
Although I liked the main story line, there were too many side characters. 2 friends, 4 parents, about 10 siblings plus their significant others, an ex, the dog, the doctor, and two kids. There were 2 secondary love stories that weren't that interesting. It was all too much. I put the book down for a day or two and couldn't remember who Zoey and Conner and Hank were when I came back. I understand she wanted to show rich lives for the characters but it was just crazy. It really detracted from the ...more
J.M. Stone
I really liked this story, it was very cute and really pulled on my heartstrings! Derrick is somewhat misguided in his own mind when it comes to love, but he's not letting Jill get away because she's having his baby! Jill pissed me off a few times by pushing Derrick away when he was only trying to help, but for the most part, I loved the characters. All of them are very likeable, and the author does a really good job connecting the reader with them. I have to admit that I teared up at one part b ...more
Que ternura de libro.
Tiene una mezcla de amor, humor, perdón y una pizca de drama. Suena una mezcla rara, pero es muy buena.
La historia se desarrolla rápida, pero sin perder detalle además engancha desde el primer momento. Recomendada.
Es un libro sencillo con una historia muy linda y refrescante. Un libro excelente, para pasar un rato divertido y agradable.

La historia de amor entre Derrick y Jill es muy bonita y tierna, aunque a veces a él le hubiera dicho cuatro cosas y dado unas cuantas collejas por lo ciego que está en cuanto a los supuestos sentimientos que tiene hacia Maggie su amiga de la infancia.

Quizás no es el mejor libro que me he leído, pero me ha dejado un muy buen sabor de boca.
Los personajes secundarios me han c
I really enjoyed this, just wish there was more from this family, I wish each brother got there own book.
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
  • The Fourth Child
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)
  • Boardroom Baby Surprise
  • More Than One Night
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • What Mattered Most
  • Chloe's Donor
  • A Mistake, a Prince and a Pregnancy
  • Bound To You
  • The Frenchman's Love-Child (Brides of L'Amour, #1)
  • Amazon Lily
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • Forgotten Honeymoon (Summer Wedding, #1)
  • The Nine-Month Marriage (Bravo Family, #1) (Conveniently Yours, #1)
I was pregnant with my fourth and last child when I read my very first romance novel, A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. I knew instantly that I wanted to write romance novels as a career. Being taken away to another world for a few hours was just what I needed. I took five years to write my first medieval time travel, Return of the Rose. I have written more than a dozen novels since then ...more
More about Theresa Ragan...