Start by marking “Kate McCall, Private Eye (Kate McCall #1)” as Want to Read:
Kate McCall, Private Eye (Kate McCall #1)

Kate McCall, Private Eye (Kate McCall #1)

Kate McCall, Private Eye is the first of a series featuring a novice private investigator with more spunk than sense.

Confident and optimistic, Kate McCall is convinced she can make a success of her private investigation business despite the fact that she hasn’t had a single case. Not so optimistic are the members of her big Irish family, especially her sisters, who are th
Published January 17th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Kate McCall, Private Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kate McCall, Private Eye

Barbara
Jul 05, 2013 Barbara rated it it was ok
God, I had a feeling I shouldn't have borrowed this from the Kindle Library, but I went ahead and selected it anyway, hoping it would be better than I thought. It wasn't - should have gone with my gut.

Kate went to some school she saw on TV to become a private detective. While I admire her determination to start her own business, don't you think she should actually get some real life experience first, with an established agency, before striking out on her own? Well, she doesn't - she thinks she k
Shelly
Jul 02, 2012 Shelly rated it did not like it
There is just a weird vibe to this one: an Irish name in a Greek family that talks and acts like New Jersey Italians.
It just tilted my mind and I couldn't finish it!
Tammy
Apr 23, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it
This was an entertaining read. I liked the main character Kate. She was perky and whimsical, Her roommate/cousin Nick also a good well rounded character .These two were very well written. The rest of the family was annoying and overbearing, however some families are like that in real life as well. The mystery was unclear, I never really got a good feel for exactly what I was supposed to be interested in here. There were several plot lines going on and quiet a bit of silliness mixed in .It wasn’t ...more
Nancy
Apr 23, 2012 Nancy added it
#1 in series. Kate McCall has gotten her private eye license and is hoping to get some cases. She gets three that she solves, but no money. She is in it with her cousin, Nick, who has been in jail. They live together with power, etc turned off because bills haven't been paid. Her family is after her to become a temp, but she perseveres in her private eye job.

Kate finally gets some money from a cross-dressing man, who designs pocket books, who wants her to keep his secret from his wife. She agre
LeAnne
May 26, 2014 LeAnne rated it liked it
Kinsey Milhone she's not!

Kinsey Milhone she's not!

Both of their names may start with K but Kinsey Milhone she's not. Kate was a little too naive to be believable. I wanted to shake her at times - like her reaction when she learned that Mac had a gun concealed under his jacket at the club. Too stupid. I have the next two books yet to read and I hope Kate has gotten wiser by then.
cindy brody
Aug 05, 2014 cindy brody rated it did not like it
Whiney and stupid

Whiney and stupid

Katie doesn't know anything about doing the job she wants to follow she spends all of her time feeling sorry for herself and she lets her cousin take advantage of her.She needs to get a job and go to school to be a PI then throw her cousin out on his ear and tell her family to get lost and she also needs to quit living off her family I will not be reading any of the other books in this series
Jamie Mello
May 31, 2015 Jamie Mello rated it really liked it
Easy reading

This was a cute ,easy read. Loved the characters! The author did a great job painting a vivid picked what they looked like physically. Loved the humor also. If you want something with a nice little ,relaxing evening,I would recommend this. Ready to read the next in series,see what kind of trouble Kate and cousin,Nick can get into!
Marcel
Aug 30, 2012 Marcel rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed reading this book a lot. It is quite funny to read and I was laughing loudly various times, which I hardly ever do when reading books. For me the story brought back memories of the good old TV series Magnum, just don't expect the expensive sports car or the helicopter :)
Linda Cole
Jul 03, 2014 Linda Cole rated it really liked it
Entertaining

a lot of goof ups mixed with family drama I laughed out loud in several parts. cases were solved but was a little confusing
Denise McDonnell
Jun 08, 2014 Denise McDonnell rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and about to get started on the next one.
Cyndii Sellers
Mar 15, 2014 Cyndii Sellers rated it it was amazing
Kate McCall, Private Eye

Hilarious! Good story line; fast paced; believable situations & conversations..Excellent 1st book in the series. Can't wait to read the next one!
Penny
Aug 11, 2016 Penny rated it it was amazing
Love the kate mcall books!
Markie
May 27, 2013 Markie rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club
A light and entertaining read!!! Perfect for these hot, summer days!!! I'm moving on to the next book in the series!!!
Valerie
Jul 16, 2012 Valerie rated it it was amazing
This book was incredibly entertaining--I quickly read it and the next two books in the series. I hope that the author, Tina Lencioni, is working on a fourth installment!
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Charlene Mccloskey
Charlene Mccloskey rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Hazel Hart
Hazel Hart rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Peg Allison frushour
Peg Allison frushour rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Marie P  McGrath
Marie P McGrath rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Dianne Pittman
Dianne Pittman rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Lucy Hanna
Lucy Hanna rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Kathy In
Kathy In rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Bobbi Swanson
Bobbi Swanson rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Fdk
Fdk rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Bonnie Platt
Bonnie Platt rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2015
Deb crisanti
Deb crisanti rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Cathy Driver Bash
Cathy Driver Bash rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
  • Bosom Bodies (Mina's Adventures, #2)
  • Love Finds You in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
  • Family Case of Murder  (A Lacy Steele Mystery #3)
  • Between a Clutch and a Hard Place (Myrtle Crumb, #1)
  • I Try Not to Drive Past Cemeteries (Brianna Sullivan Mysteries, #1)
  • A Skeleton in the Closet
  • Murder Games (Grace Holliday Mystery #4)
  • Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #1)
  • It's a Mod, Mod, Mod, Mod Murder (Murder a-Go-Go, #1)
  • A Bomb in February
  • The Color of Lies (Paradise Valley, #4.5)
  • Desert Shadows (A Lena Jones Mystery #3)
  • Eminent Domain (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #2)
  • Unreasonable Risk (Hannah Morrison Mystery, #1)
  • Engulfed
  • Exposure
  • Fogtown
  • Killer Swell (Noah Braddock, #1)