Start by marking “Beyond Earth (Beyond Earth #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Earth (Beyond Earth #1)

Beyond Earth (Beyond Earth #1)

Hidden in the fabric of our own galaxy are five planets, anchored to Earth and thriving with life. Each one unlocks a secret to many destinies that bring seven brave warriors together to fight the ultimate evil set to destroy their existence.

Life for Adaminia was ordinary…and she hated ordinary. She always felt she was meant to do more. That opportunity presents itself wh
Paperback, First, 160 pages
Published June 17th 2013 by Createspace (first published June 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Earth

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesAccordance by Shelly CraneDefiance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
482nd out of 1,081 books — 2,183 voters
Bare Assets by M.L. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEscaping Reality by Lisa Renee JonesDuncan by Teresa GabelmanBared to You by Sylvia Day
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of August 2013
202nd out of 316 books — 536 voters

More lists with this book...

Heath
Oct 06, 2013 Heath rated it really liked it
If you pick up this book you have to be sure to read the whole thing, especially if you're used to reading more reality-based fare. This is a fantasy, let's be clear about that. Though at first it may seem a bit formulaic in the first couple chapters for the mise-en-scène, the patient reader is rewarded with layers of complexity, not unlike a good wine, that build gradually until you realize you're being taken on a wild ride. You will begin to turn the pages faster, wondering what will happen ...more
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Nov 29, 2013 Take Me Away To A Great Read rated it really liked it
First I want to say thank you to Arlene Lagos for writing and amazing Fantasy Novel that she gave me the chance to read and review for free! I won a free copy personally signed on Goodreads.

...

Now what I thought about Beyond Earth. It was overall a very great Sci-Fi Fantasy novel. I would probably have changed some of the animal characters like the butterfly which seemed to not fit the rest of the book which was a lot more dark, cool and interesting, and not rainbows and fluff! I loved the conn
Stephen
Jul 05, 2013 Stephen rated it it was amazing
The book flows nicely and it keeps the reader engaged. I never felt overwhelmed or bored reading it. The characters are captivating and its refreshing to see a female lead for a change. Can't wait for book 2!
Stevie Pipes
Aug 05, 2013 Stevie Pipes rated it did not like it
Who paid these people to write these good reviews????
I'm halfway done with the second chapter and am entirely impressed that I have been able to choke THAT much of it down. The book's grammar, story line and character development are all half-assed at very best, and don't seem to improve in the slightest as the story progresses.
Having helped to teach a ninth-grade English class for students with learning disabilities, I can honestly say that any one of them could have written something better on
Marit Thostenson
Jun 10, 2014 Marit Thostenson rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, fantasy
Thank you to Goodreads First Reads for a free copy of this book!
I liked this book over all, but it really had some problems. There were a lot of grammatical errors and a couple spelling ones, as well. I thought it had a good story line but some things were just a little too far fetched, I mean a woman riding on the back of a giant butterfly? Alright then. I don't think this book would be something I would pick up on my own just because I am a type of person who does judge a book by the cover. It
Nely Cab
Aug 13, 2013 Nely Cab rated it it was amazing
When Adaminia turns the knob to a door that seems to call out to her, she never expects it to be the doorway into another world. She meets new people and runs into old friends that she never expected to meet again. As the story progresses, Adaminia finds out that her life is a lot more complicated than having a mentally unstable aunt to care for. What will happen on Adaminia's journey as she finds that the fate of humanity is in her hands?

Arlene Lagos has written a Sci-fi adventure that brings t
Joood Hooligan
Aug 18, 2013 Joood Hooligan rated it liked it
The story itself was awesome. I loved the idea of it. The execution could do with a little more work though as I was taken out of the story a lot by the way it was written. Not because it was bad, but because it was more explaining and less showing. Example:

---

"Blah blah," he said.

"Blah blah?" She asked.

There are pages that look like that. It made it hard for me to get into it.

---

I still enjoyed the story though.

3/5 platypires
Michelle Vereen
Oct 07, 2013 Michelle Vereen rated it it was amazing
Beyond Earth literally takes you to a different place and time. The story moves along nicely and I had a hard time putting this book down! Arlene did a great job keeping the reader's attention too. She has a great talent for writing science fiction. I can't wait to read her next book! I'm sure it will be a great read!
Jonathan
Oct 07, 2013 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
I was into this book from the very start. Very creative and unique idea. Pages were flying as I was more and more excited to see what happened next. And then, three quarters through, it got even more exciting! I'm so looking forward to the next book! Great read!
Mjd Barber
Jul 07, 2013 Mjd Barber rated it really liked it
Coming from someone who is not a big reader, it grabbed my attention and never lost it. It is a fast pace book with many twists and an ending that has me eagerly eating for more. 5 stars my friends!!
Tara Hire
Oct 07, 2013 Tara Hire rated it really liked it
Great for adult and young adult readers looking to escape life and enter other worlds. The rhythm of the book keeps the intensity and adventure strong, which makes it a fast read. The strong female lead is refreshing to see.
Sylvia Stein
Oct 07, 2013 Sylvia Stein rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was truly one amazing book by Arlene lagos! She is one fantastic writer. I was hooked from the beginning to the end! I loved the overall story and the characters where so real and I loved the dialogue! As I said as a reader I was hooked as a writer I was amazed. Amazing!

Sylvia Stein
Darren
Sep 04, 2013 Darren rated it it was amazing
It is a good book. I enjoyed reading it a lot.
Vivian
I just want to say thank you Arlene Lagos for this signed, free copy of Beyond Earth. I'm sorry for the bad review but I just can't give it a better review what with all the problems this book has. It's a few months after I first read the book and just read it a second time so I could give it a thorough review. I owe Arlene Lagos, potential readers, and Goodreads for this review.

I won this book on Goodreads First Reads! So thank you to Arlene Lagos and Goodreads for this book!

First of all I just
Masquerade Crew
Oct 31, 2013 Masquerade Crew rated it did not like it
WALKI'S REVIEW

Beyond Earth' starts agreeably enough when Adaminia, the narrator, opens a door and steps into another world. The style is easy-reading, and the story is interesting. The idea of being a teenager destined to save worlds is always appealing. I was ready to give it three stars despite typos. Midway through the book, Arlene Lagos starts focusing more on the romantic relationships blossoming between the main characters. I remember reading somewhere that a writer should "show" to the re
Robin  The Mockingjay Lives!
*I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I love sci-fi and otherworldly stories, and this was just that. The main character was slightly annoying, plus I wasn't a giant fan of her. The overall story line had its ups and downs, but in the end it was enjoyable.
Joel Ratnam
Joel Ratnam rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2013
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Stephanie Merrell
Stephanie Merrell rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it did not like it
Mar 06, 2014
Barbara Gehl
Barbara Gehl rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
Will Yorsby
Will Yorsby rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Rizka
Rizka rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2013
Bianca
Bianca rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Ben Jr.
Ben Jr. rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Anno
Anno rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Sereniti
Sereniti rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Victoria Hobson
Victoria Hobson rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2013
  • Ex's and Oh's
  • The Necro Device
  • Asylum 54.0
  • Rise of the Red Dragon (Chi, #1)
  • An Actor's Life - A Short Story
  • Apocalypse: An Anthology by Authors and Readers
  • Finding Cassilia
  • A Throne of Bones (Arts of Dark and Light, #1)
  • Valley of Darkness Part 1 & Part 2 (Fields of Elysium, #2)
  • Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior Is Changing Everything
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • Quake (Quake #1)
  • Losing Virginity
  • Count Down with Farmer Brown
  • Adela Arthur and the Creator's Clock (The Chronicles of A, #1)
  • Eternal (Holloway Pack, #0.5)
  • Lily: The Witch Hunter Omnibus Edition (The Mauve Legacy, #1-4)
  • Black & Blue (Black & Blue Series)
5819544
Lagos, a native of Massachusetts has written poetry, stage plays, screenplays and short stories for over 20 years.
She began writing the Beyond Earth Series in November of 2011 as a first time Nanowrimo participant, which she successfully completed, and now has three books in the series.

Her latest novel, "Butterflies Forever" is the third book in the Butterflies Series and is due out Summer 2017.
More about Arlene Lagos...

Beyond Earth (3 books)
  • Beyond Planets (Beyond Earth #2)
  • Beyond Time (Beyond Earth #3)