Start by marking “Hunting for Sparrows” as Want to Read:
Hunting for Sparrows

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Hunting for Sparrows

3.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
When attempted breaches of the network firewalls at the datacenter of Wise Woman, Inc. turn the midnight calm into alarm, computer specialist Lauren is confronted with an all too urgent need to decipher the source of these cyber-attacks. Are they the work of a band of hackers or is it some sort of implanted ghost in the machine? Hard on the heels of the untimely death of W ...more
Published March 8th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Hunting for Sparrows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting for Sparrows

Anthea Carson
Apr 03, 2012 Anthea Carson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you do when you know there has been an injustice, a terrible injustice? A frightening and unspeakable crime has been committed to someone you not only love but perhaps love more than anyone in the world, and nobody knows that it happened but you.

And even worse, you can’t prove that it happened, because your way of knowing it is suspect. You just know. And you happen to be right. You even get the person who committed the crime to admit it. Unfortunately no one hears him but you.

Now that
Tracey Lough
May 20, 2012 Tracey Lough rated it really liked it
I personally wasn't really in to this book. It just wasn't my style and I didn't find myself that interested in the characters, or the plot twists and family secrets in it.

Having said that, I rated this book 4/5 stars because I think it is a great book which other people will enjoy. It is extremely well written, and the plot line was very intricate with lots of details which has you trying to determine what is the truth and what are lies. The main character Thelma is on her own personal journey
Beatrice
Mar 26, 2012 Beatrice rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
As the author I think it's great. Of course it is! Otherwise why would I have spent all that time writing it.
Having said that.... Is it universally great? Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread? Certainly not. As nothing has yet overpowered the enduring greatness of sliced bread (well, maybe the iPhone, but we need more time to see how it fares against time --the iPhone, not the sliced bread--).
So, out of the universe of people who enjoy both sliced bread and iPhones, who may enjoy this boo
Rob
Nov 05, 2012 Rob rated it liked it
(6/10) This novel is being advertised rather ambiguously as a kind of literary puzzle, and I have to confess that it took me a little while to figure out the central organizing point behind all of this crazy corporate espionage. That feeling of discovery is one of the novel's best points, but it's also hard to talk about the book without spoiling it. Hey, that's what spoiler tags are for! Let's use them.

(view spoiler)
S.J. Byrne
Apr 09, 2012 S.J. Byrne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is a fantastic read! I enjoyed the plot, the characters (even the despicable ones), and the writers style. Scenes flowed easily, the writing at times like poetry.

The only reason I give this 4 stars is because of editing issues that are prevalent throughout the work. (I have been assured that is being worked on)

I look forward to many exciting works from this author!
Peter
Jan 21, 2013 Peter rated it did not like it
Could not finish this. A poor copy of Hamlet switching genders and making it contemporary. Feeble attempts at titillation.
Mandy
May 22, 2012 Mandy marked it as to-read
We go to Palm Beach in October... I am so bringing this book with!! :-)
Phoenix Carvelli
May 02, 2012 Phoenix Carvelli marked it as to-read
Shelves: goodreads-com
Book won on Goodreads.con on 5-1-12.
Neha Vyas
Neha Vyas rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Jan 21, 2016
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Bea
Bea marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Nancy Sando
Nancy Sando rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Paul Motsuk
Paul Motsuk marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
BookNerdette
BookNerdette marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Lys
Lys marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Millie
Millie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jknick
Jknick marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Marco
Marco marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Onika
Onika marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Kimberly Robinson
Kimberly Robinson marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Paul Slater
Paul Slater marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Sammy
Sammy marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Dee Scocos
Dee Scocos marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Humanize: How People-Centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World
  • A Deceit to Die For
  • Aches (Estrange Reality, #1)
  • Literally Dead
  • How to Get a Literary Agent in Two Murders or Less
  • The Concubine's Gift
  • Pirate Therapy and Other Cures
  • Kill Town, USA
  • The Apple Experience: Secrets to Building Insanely Great Customer Loyalty
  • Nine Lives
  • Rewire Your Brain for Love: Creating Vibrant Relationships Using the Science of Mindfulness
  • Gyges the Terrible
  • Dante's Journey
  • Shadow on the Wall (The SandStorm Chronicles, #1)
  • The Weeping Empress
  • The Lost Stones
  • Gifted (Donovan Circus, #1)
  • Innermost Thoughts of Leah Varner
Now based in Florida, I have written literary criticism and taught Elizabethan and modern English literature. Beatrice Gerard is my pen name.
More about Beatrice Gerard...