Start by marking “Taxes and TARDIS” as Want to Read:
Taxes and TARDIS

Taxes and TARDIS (A Mind is a Sexy Thing)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,820 Ratings  ·  343 Reviews
Brent Kelly is a laid-back tradesman whose only concerns are drinks with friends and which man to bed next. In need of a new accountant to sort out his nightmarish shoebox of tax receipts, he's referred to Logan Willis. He doesn't expect to be intrigued by the science fiction-loving, geeky guy with dark-rimmed glasses and a TARDIS-blue shirt. So his fascination with the so ...more
Published April 28th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Taxes and TARDIS, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taxes and TARDIS

Exina
Brent Kelly has no problem with dating. He could get anyone he wants. But somehow, weirdly he is totally at a loss for words when it comes to his new accountant. A science fiction-loving, geeky guy with dark-rimmed glasses… Logan Willis is so not his usual type that even Brent can’t believe how much he is attracted to Logan.
I shook my head. Me, Brent Kelly, who played football, who could pick up any guy with just a suggestive nod, was being bent all out of shape by a bean-counting nerd.
A tall,
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Am I the only Scrooge on the planet who didn't love this?? I could barely finish! Sure, it was light, but sooo insta-lovey with an almost non-existent plot! What am I missing??

Jeez, I'm ready for tomatoes to be thrown at my head because this book is nearly universally loved by M/M fans. I'd almost call it a classic. Alas, it was not meant to be for me.

I get that that Brent and Logan are opposites, but does it have to be mentioned every two pages?

I get that these guys like to bang each other, bu
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Buddy read with ALVIN.

What do a British, slightly geeky, number-crunching, Dr. Who-loving accountant and an athletic, muscular, number-hating electrician have in common? Not much. But opposites attract...and burn up the sheets.

I liked Brent and Logan; they were hot together, and I loved Logan's adorable brand of geek-cool. This was basically a free-sailing, angst-free story, minus one silly misunderstanding at the end.

Try this if you're in the mood for some sweet, hot lovin' between tw
Ami

No, I don't watch Dr. Who. No, I have no idea what TARDIS stands for or what it can do (I only know that it's a phone booth :p). So I can feel what Brent feels *lol*.

Anyway, the story is really cute -- I LOVE opposites attract!! I love how Brent gets all flustered around Logan. Although, I am slightly annoyed on how the authors keep emphasizing on that after Brent and Logan get together. Yes, they're not exactly the other's type, can we focus on why they end up connecting that well, tho
Susan
Jan 20, 2013 Susan rated it liked it

Check out my interview with the author N.R. Walker over at http://loveaffairwithanereader.blogsp...

So, so sweet. I loved it.

If it was left as an opposites-attract, date, fall for each other, and live HEA story, it would be a solid, enjoyable 4 star read. But, I feel like the author tried to toss in a hail mary angst issue towards the end that was unnecessary and a bit silly.

However, it didn’t take away from the charm of Brent & Logan. They were freaking adorable together and I lov
Gigi
Aug 01, 2015 Gigi rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale of opposites attract, jock meets nerd. N.R. Walker has the magic touch with MC's chemistry, and she proves it once again with Brent and Logan.

Lovely, lovely book. Recommended!
Heller
Dec 24, 2012 Heller rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
An odd couple romance. I really enjoy Walker's writing so I ate this one right up. Love me some Doctor Who so I enjoyed those references. One thing I have to say though is that I think she meant the Vulcan salute because there is no such thing as a Klingon sign for hello unless it's a punch in the face. ;) So speaks my inner Star Trek geek.

This was cute and sappy and I adored it. A fun very sweet read about an electrician and an accountant who meet and think they may have nothing in common but
Heather C
Apr 29, 2012 Heather C rated it really liked it
Cute story! About Brent (a hunky electrician) and Logan (a nerdy accountant). Loved the banter and the sex was hot. It was really sweet with nearly no angst. I would love to read the roommate Tim's story even though he isn't gay.

Oh, and I had no idea what a TARDIS was either!
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Jul 13, 2015 R * A Reader Obsessed * rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I admit I haven't read many of this trope but I can't see any fault in opposites attract.

Brent's a guy's guy. He's a successful, self employed electrician, typically interested in like minded and similarly built dudes. Thus it's no surprise that he's flabbergasted by his immediate attraction to his new accountant.

Logan may seem straight-laced, but behind those glasses is quite a tantalizing, assertive package. It may seem like these two wouldn't have anything in common but they connect and get
Chelsea
Oct 29, 2015 Chelsea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet story and gorgeous characters. Super light and fluffy, their little tift was the most pitiful reason for a possible breakup, but it was resolved quickly, so that was good. Lots of sex and I'll never complain about that :-D
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5--Geeky--Stars!

You really can't go wrong with an NR Walker read! I've yet to find one I didn't like, and Taxes and TARDIS was no exception.

It was the perfect opposites attract story. The geeky bean counter accountant Logan and the rough and tough electrician Brent.

Wave to Logan everyone.....

Nerdy guys are HOT!

I have no idea what Brent looks like....I couldn't stop thinking about nerdy British Logan!

It's tax time and Brent is all set to meet his new accountant....shoebox filled with receip
Mandapanda
Apr 28, 2012 Mandapanda rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Great little romance with an opposites attract theme. I'm a major fan of Doctor Who and loved every reference. As soon as I saw the word TARDIS in the title I clicked on the buy button without even seeing the blurb. It's a sweet story with very appealing characters (love those geeky Brits!). My only niggle is that I hate when authors tell me that the characters have great conversations but don't give me examples. I would like to read those convos and make my own mind up about that. Bu ...more
Eva
Opposites attract for sure!

I fell in love with adorable geeky Logan...*sigh*

I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful story.

N.R. Walker truly has the magic touch with MC's chemistry, and she proves it once again with Brent and Logan.

While the story is quite hot and steamy, the intimacy is written with care and displays the depth of feeling and emotions shared between the two gorgeous men.

Lovely, lovely book. Highly recommended!
Isabel
Feb 24, 2014 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, m-m, favorite-mm
Every time that I read a N.R. Walker book, my heart overflows with joy and contentment!

"Taxes and Tardis" is a lovely book! It's the story of Brent and Logan! Brent is an electrician, very well built, strong and beautiful! Logan is an accountant, slim, delicate and handsome! They couldn't be more different, but are perfect for each other! Their relationship, despite so many differences, is adorable!

Bev

Read the old version, thought I'd have a look at the new Totally Bound edition, with the same result of course...loved it.

Today has been a Nic Walker fest...what a way to spend a Friday!!

photo SnoopyHearts_zpsbf8fc9a4.gif
Trisha Harrington
Sep 19, 2014 Trisha Harrington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Trisha by: Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I can't believe I finally got to read this! Over the last few months, I have fallen in love with N.R. Walker as an author. Her stories are always amazing and I seem to find a lot of favorites in her work.

Taxes and TARIDS is an adorable, cute, sweet, and just amazing story. I loved Logan and Brent. Two really sweet characters who happened to be opposites but were attracted to each other. Brent is normally the type of character I would dislike, but here he was just sweet and lovable. I loved how h
Amy
Nov 18, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: *Nan*
Shelves: favorites
Dreamy sigh. That was absolutely perfect. I love opposites attract. I love geek + jock stories. And I love N.R. Walker. I think I read 90% of the book with a big smile on my face. Of course, there was a bit of drama, but overall it was a very sweet story.

I loved how Brent repeatedly told Logan how beautiful and sexy he was. And I loved how Logan was the more reserved of the two, but he got all toppy in the bedroom.

Adding this one to my “favorites” shelf <3 <3 <3
.Lili.
Jul 04, 2014 .Lili. rated it it was amazing
 photo imagejpg1_zpsd8cdfce1.jpg
Sigh...another fantastic book by NR Walker. Everything I've read by this author has been great. I can't gush enough about her.

Anyhoo, what we have here is a classic tale of opposites attract. Brent,was the high school jock and now blue collar worker. Logan, is the quiet British accountant, used to being the butt of the jokes made by men like Brent. How can two, such different men make a go of it?

This book was smooth, sexy, cute, and humorous. NR Walker is the queen of developing relationships a
Vio
Apr 28, 2012 Vio rated it really liked it
A sweet opposites attract romance with the big strong tradie and the geeky feisty accountant. The MC's are cute and their misunderstandings due to feelings of inadequacies are all resolved nicely in the end with the help of a good friend.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
4 Novella Stars for this Swoon Worthy Sweetness!

Man oh man this was a great read, Brent and Logan were~

Just Dreamy,
Swoooon Worthy,
Lovable
Adorable
Sweet
Endering
Gosh, I Simply Loved, Love, Loved them~

I read this whole book within a few hours, never wanted it to end, it was so sweet. During those few hours I had a smile on my face. Man ooh man, this book was simply dream.

I love it, and guess what this book has a bonus, It has an epilogue, of which I loved.

It would be five stars had it more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
This was a sweet enjoyable story!
I liked the opposites attract theme!

(view spoiler)
Jenn
Jun 12, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
Whooohooo!!! Awesomesauce. Cute, sweet, adorableeee. Read it when you want a comfort read with little to no drama. I love the jock/geek aspect too, and the Dr. Who references were fun too. Me gusta!
BWT (Belen)
Jan 02, 2016 BWT (Belen) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no-angst hot sex lovers
Publisher's Note: This book was previously released under the same title. It has been expanded, revised and re-edited for re-release with Pride Publishing.

This is a wonderful angst-free story with some hot sexy times, sweet feelz and a HEA that made my heart melt.

I love that even though Brent Kelly is a big, strong jock type electrician and Logan Willis is soft-spoken, well-dressed, and a little feminine, and neither is the other's typical "type", they can't help being attracted, or falling for,
Debra
Short and sweet opposites attract story. I loved seeing the athletic, manly Brent rendered speechless by nerdy, British accountant Logan in his TARDIS blue dress shirt. Brent has no idea what a TARDIS or Dr. Who is, but if it brings him closer to Logan he is ready to find out. Logan doesn't know what it is that Brent sees in him, but their attraction is undeniable.

Cute, low angst and sexy, this was another charming story by N.R. Walker.
MishyJo
Feb 21, 2014 MishyJo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So so sweet. I know that's not for everyone but it works for me. Review to come.
Breann
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*hugs Kindle*

*twirls*

I was so charmed by this sweet and light love story. It was simply delightful.

Brent had to go see his new accountant and he was expecting him to be some old, stuffy dude. Instead, he got Logan. Big, jock, manly-man Brent turned into a fumbling mess during their first meeting and it was adorable. So cute I think I SQUEED out loud.

Brent was totally taken with Logan and really didn't know how to handle it, but he knew he wanted Logan, no matter how different t
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This is one of the sweetest stories I've ever read. It doesn't have a lot of plot, just the two main characters getting to know each other and falling in love, but I loved every minute of it. Unlike most stories about nerds, the accountant isn't geeky with no social skills; he's just a guy who likes those things jocks consider nerdy. And it's dang cute. The other guy is a jock kind of guy, but he isn't stereotypical, either. He doesn't really know anything about the science fiction, likes to han ...more
Chris, the Dalek King
WARNING: This review contains in-jokes and fangirling of dangerous proportions. Proceed at your own risk.

Anyone who has known me for five minutes…or, hell, has been in my room for like five seconds, pretty much knows how I feel about Doctor Who. The show has been a not-so-quiet obsession of mine since my sister sat me down in front of a computer and put on that first episode of the franchise reboot in 2005. My computer is named Gallifrey, my Kindle cover is a replica of River’s diary, and I’ve b
R.J.
Be warned. I'm gifing the hell out of this review!

My reaction to this finally being released again:

When Brent laid eyes on Logan:

Logan and Brent together:

My reaction to Logan and Brent together:

Marty:

What I want to do to Marty:

When they kiss and make up:

And in conclusion:

So if you can't tell - I fucking loved it!

Three Things that a Longboat Key Tax Attorney Can Do for You 1 1 Jul 13, 2016 01:01AM
Hire a Tax Lawyer to Keep the Things Simple 1 1 Jan 30, 2016 01:34AM
  • Quinn's Hart
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Take My Picture
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)
  • Tattoos & Teacups (Tattoos, #1)
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Frog
  • Always MJ
  • Strong Enough (Family, #2)
  • Butterfly Hunter (Butterfly Hunter #1)
  • Greeting Cards
  • Lazy Sundays
  • #First Impressions #Second Chances
  • The Truth About Riley

A Mind is a Sexy Thing (8 books)
  • Absent-Minded Astrophysicist (Astrophysicist, #1)
  • Book Cover Lover
  • Don't Judge a Book...
  • Moving Mountains (Finding Home, #1)
  • Physical Chemistry