Start by marking “Crazy for Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Crazy for Cowboy

Crazy for Cowboy

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  418 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
She’s through with cowboys. But this one’s the ‘reel’ deal.

Equine veterinarian, Emily Grant, has had her share of cowboys, and they always break her heart. After vowing to give them up forever, Brandon Hollister strides into her life.

He’s a different kind of cowboy, one that works on the silver screen. But is he just playing the part when it comes to love? Or can this hand
Published April 14th 2012 by Baucis & Philemon

To ask other readers questions about Crazy for Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy for Cowboy

Ruth Hill
Dec 18, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Let me begin by saying this is about as clean as you can get in a contemporary romance, and I appreciate that more than anything else. No sex scenes--although it was alluded to, but no acts happened within the confines of the book. Profanity was nonexistent. Add in cowboys and a hot romance, and you have the perfect light romance.

I so appreciated the humor in this book! So often I read books and barely crack a smile. Either humor is nonexistent or too corny for words. Roxy Boroughs has a great s
Amanda
Jun 29, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
FULL REVIEW POSTED

Really enjoyed this book! The story was life like and fun to follow! Would recommend this book to read especially for those that LOVE sexy cowboys.

Emily is an Equine Vet and has sworn off cowboys. They always seem to come into her life, break her heart and leave as quickly as they came in to her life. The day she decides to swear off cowboys is the day she meets Brandon! However, Brandon isn't the guy that he leads Emily to believe that he is.

Brandon has a good life going for
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Apr 10, 2013 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
This was fun read!very upbeat and just what I needed. Nice change of pace from my normal reading. It's a feel good story that hooks you from the start.
Maria Costantino
Feb 05, 2013 Maria Costantino rated it it was amazing
Great read clean cut no sex.. In this book didn't need it.... I really enjoy it!!!!
Jessica
Oct 27, 2014 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

I enjoyed this book. Roxy has a way of drawing you in to her story and has you rooting for the characters.

Brandon an aspiring actor working as a waiter finally gets casted in a movie where he plays a cowboy.

Emily a veterinarian who has weakness for cowboys but swears them off after getting her heart broken again.

After Brandon gets casted in the movie he goes to the restaurant he works still dressed as his character when he walks in he sees a beautiful brunette sitting at one of the table
Tina Klinesmith
Nov 19, 2013 Tina Klinesmith rated it really liked it
Perhaps I should read descriptions before I actually purchase books because I was surprised to find this one so incredibly short (only about 50K words). But it was a nice, quick and very fun read, absolutely worth every minute I spent on it.

Crazy for Cowboy was written almost like a screenplay (possibly a coincidence since the hero is an actor?) in that it’s vivid, descriptive and has every element of a perfect date-night, chick-flick. It’s a throwback to movies like The Wedding Planner (J Lo, M
Julie Post
May 08, 2013 Julie Post rated it liked it
Shelves: light-and-funny
This is between 3-4 stars. A PG romance worth a cute story. A good beach read. Emily is a veterinarian who had given up dating for awhile because she keeps falling for men who are unreliable. As a big animal vet, these men she falls for tend to be cowboys.

Brandon, a struggling actor playing the part of a cowboy meets and falls for Emily as he is taking riding lessons. Since she thinks he's a cowboy he keeps up the facade, digging himself into a deeper hole as their relationship grows. One thing
Irene ~ Ice Cold Passion
This is one of those feel good books.

This book was funny, great and very easy to relate to. I loved that it is set in Calgary, a city I have been to, and I know the surrounding farm areas as well. The main character is a veterinarian, a strong woman, with a broken heart. Not wanting an other cowboy to break her heart, she closes herself of from men. But this one just keeps coming, and he is so different from all the cowboys she has dated.

This makes it such an entertaining light read. Which I en
Kymber Morgan
Jun 06, 2012 Kymber Morgan rated it it was amazing
Crazy for Cowboy had me up turning pages and doing my best to stifle giggles in the wee hours. Brandon Hollister is a yummy hero who tells, what he believes, is a harmless white lie and gets him into trouble on multiple levels including by misleading the heroine, Emily, about his real identity. She thinks he's a real cowboy - something she's sworn an oath to avoid at all costs - until she meets Brandon.

Watching the antics and sparks fly between these two multi-faceted characters was a complete r
Char (1RadReader59)
Sep 21, 2012 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
What a refreshing short story. It was just sweet, funny, & a wholesome love story. You have Emily who is a lady veterinarian & Brandon who is an actor posing as a cowboy. At first he does it as a gag just to meet her & also gives her the false name of Houston. The next day he runs into her again purely by accident & allows the lie to spin out of control as well as their attraction for one another. Can he fix it & tell the truth when he hears from others that she real loves co ...more
Kara Cheney
Apr 09, 2013 Kara Cheney rated it it was amazing
At first I was like, ooooo-kay... then I was like, hmmmm... then awww... wait, what? Noooo! And then finally...wait for it... Yippee-yi-yo-ki-YAY!
Okay... I've had my fun. At first I was a little less interested in the story because of the "pretender" and some of the reactions of Emily had me wondering about her. More often than not I was laughing at her thoughts, actions and reactions. But then it got sweet, then sad, and then it made me laugh out loud (really) at the end. So read this book bec
Jen_C
Cute.

Quotes:
This cowboy must have used liquor in his lip balm, because she was definitely getting tipsy.

“Take off your shirt.”
Brandon’s brows shot up. “The sight of blood gets you going, huh?”
“Get your mind out of your shorts, big boy. I need something to hold against the wound so I can apply pressure.”
“Why can’t we use your shirt?”
“Excuse me?”
“I was planning on talking you out of it later, but since the opportunity has arisen...”
“It’s quite obvious what has arisen around here, mister,” sh
Jo
Apr 09, 2013 Jo rated it it was amazing
I rarely review books I've read and that's something I need to address and yes, when I do I copy and paste between here and Amazon UK so if you've already read it there I'm sorry!

I see many links on Facebook for freebies and I do download and read a lot of them - this was one. From the very beginning I spent most of it laughing out loud. It's not an erotic novel, it's a romcom and a bloody good one too. Crazy for Cowboy is the first book I've read by this author and I will be checking out her ot
Linda
Mar 19, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Cute, easy read. The characters are sweet, and aside from a few minor communication and identity issues that they manage to work through, end up falling in love.

After her last boyfriend takes off on her, Emily decides to swear off dating cowboys. Five minutes later in walks in Brandon, who is rehearsing a part he has just landed in a cowboy movie, and Emily realizes just how hard it is going to be to keep that promise. Especially when he is dead set on getting the girl.

If you like sweet
Jenna Howard
Jan 27, 2014 Jenna Howard rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Despite not liking the fact that Brandon is pretty much lying to the heroine for a good portion of the book (pet peeve button...), I really enjoyed Crazy for Cowboy. It's a fun romp through the Calgary Stampede scene from the Stampede itself to popular watering holes.

It's a sensual book with Roxy juggling the fact that Brandon's not on the up and up really well in their relationship (spoiler: no sex as that would make him sleazy.) So really, I'd let my mom read this and that's saying something!
Tania
Dec 31, 2012 Tania rated it really liked it
First off I loved several aspects of the book (the clean language and romance as well as the humor [Sam was an amazing secondary character along with Jackie]); the characters were very well developed and their personalities showed through. I just wish it would have been deeper by "showing" a little more and "telling" a little less. Other than that, I consider it a great book.
Alexis
Apr 09, 2013 Alexis rated it really liked it
while cute and coy, this story was not at first what I thought that it was going to be. I thought that at first it would be predictable, and to a point it was, but there were parts that I was not expecting.
A nice fluffy feel good read, sure to leave any reader with a smile; even if just for the characters antics. I will say that I loved the ending though with Houston Savage!
Anne OK
Dec 31, 2012 Anne OK rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Cute and fast read centered around a female vet who has given up on cowboys until a case of mistaken identity proves impossible to pass up. Characters are both fun and adorable. Nothing earth-shattering but a fun couple hours of reading and it was a freebie.
Rosie Comia
A cute romantic comedy novella between an actor who put his career on hold to take car of his sister & nephew & a dedicated equine veterinarian who always find herself attracted to cowboys. A fun & quick wholesome read.
Emily
Jul 18, 2015 Emily rated it liked it
Cute, sweet story. Very enjoyable for a quick, light read. I absolutely adored Brandon, however crazy his antics. I would've enjoyed a little more detailed "happily ever after" though.
Ravioli Rachel
Apr 08, 2013 Ravioli Rachel rated it liked it
Not to bad of a read, very clean romance if that's they type of thing you look for...

Short and sweet, a bit unbelievable for a few parts but overall not too bad.
Donna Porter
May 13, 2013 Donna Porter rated it it was amazing
This was a good book by author Roxy Boroughs. I was very please with the book and the story. good read
Joni
Jul 22, 2014 Joni rated it liked it
Cute and light read. Story went a little fast into some things but overall it was enjoyable
Sheila Seabrook
Nov 28, 2012 Sheila Seabrook rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed the characters in this book and the humour made this a fun read.
Krista
Apr 07, 2013 Krista rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Enjoyable read and clean to boot. Hard to come by these days. Totally enjoyed it!!
Amy
Jul 19, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Another cute short read. I always did like cowboys.
Maureen
Feb 04, 2013 Maureen rated it liked it
A little predictable, but a cute story. :)
Marjorie Mckay-gurley
nice light reading for the beach or gym.
Melissa Vasel
Jan 14, 2013 Melissa Vasel rated it liked it
A really cute and romantic read!
Mary Mooney
Mar 02, 2013 Mary Mooney rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. Such a great story
  • Dream Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #1)
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass, #1)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Lipstick & Leather (Rough and Ready, #1)
  • The Millionaire Tempted Fate
  • WyndRiver Sinner (WesternWind, #1)
  • Another Chance
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Silver River Romeo (Rancher Romance, #1)
  • Quick on the Trigger (The Dirty Denim Series)
  • Married to Maggie (Texas Boys Falling Fast)
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • Hero of her Heart
  • Midnight Lover
  • A Cowboy for Christmas
Before turning her attention to fiction, Roxy appeared in numerous TV commercials and movies.

Look for her holiday romance/mystery series, her romantic comedy CRAZY FOR COWBOY, and her suspense titles, the award winning A STRANGER'S TOUCH, and the follow-up novella A STRANGER'S KISS.

Want a little mystery along with your holiday romances this Christmas? Then visit the Frost Family in Carol Falls, Ve
More about Roxy Boroughs...