Start by marking “Sentinel (Covenant, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sentinel (Covenant, #5)

Sentinel (Covenant #5)

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  21,623 Ratings  ·  2,331 Reviews
It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as t
Published November 2nd 2013 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Sentinel, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Aggie Pearson
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverProdigy by Marie Lu
YA Novels of 2013
59th out of 1,520 books — 10,834 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
123rd out of 2,462 books — 12,432 voters

More lists with this book...

✩ Alexandra the Smutaholic ✩
And now we wait...

5++ badass stars

Now THAT, is how you end a book.
I have waited so, so long to finally read the last book in this series, and it surpassed my expectations like I never thought it could. I loved this book so much I can hardly put it into words.

description

Aiden and Alex were still the sweetest, most loving couple you can root for in this book which I really hoped would be the case. After what happened in the previous book you would think maybe Aiden would take a step back from Alex and le
Boyanna

While reading this book i come to this worthy notions about life:
- teen pregnancy is the bomb!
- man leather pants are having a comeback
- you are considered British if you end every sentence with the word LOVE
- sleeping with a boy in same bed always ends up in sex. Always (ergo)
- romance is dead
- if you don't PDA you are not considered "in love"
*(on the side note - the best place for PDA is an official war meeting)
- to be considered brilliant you just have to find a room full of morons.
- male go
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Nov 08, 2013 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jla, shp
Sentinel Review on K-Books

"And because I love you, I am willing to die to save you from that. Don't you dare take that decision away from me."

Oh My Holy Gods! There are seriously no words to explain just how incredible this book is.

Now before I go any further let me just give you this...

Have my JLA Feels box... because dude you are sooooo gonna need them!

Sentinel was without a doubt the most heartbreaking yet perfectly beautiful book I have ever read. No really. There are seriously no words. I
Booknut
'Blinking back tears, I looked away, working my throat until I was sure that, when I opened my mouth, it wasn't a sob. "I don't want to die."

"I know," Apollo said, and his voice was surprisingly gentle. "I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen. I haven't let you down yet have I?"(...)
"The gods should be fighting. You know that, Apollo. (...)This is their fight."

"This is everyone's fight," he corrected. "Because it is everyone's future."'

Holy daimon babies!

A Hades of
Stormy
Nov 23, 2013 Stormy rated it really liked it
Omg! Alex, you totally kicked ass. Now kick fate's ass so you AND SETH can live.

I wonder what Seth will do in this book because his side...you know...to Alex. He is piiiisssedddd. You just cant mess with a guy's cuddle buddy, man. You may be a God, but he's the Apollyon, asshole.

-------------------------------------------
This is the last book of this series! Whaaaat?! I knew this day would come. I was begging for it because I just wanted to know what happened and now I'm sad about it. Like, be
Ray
Nov 03, 2013 Ray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, greek-gods
Varsha
Post reading:
All my stars are for the engaging and witty writing, Seth and Apollo.

I really don't know how to review this book because I love this series and never thought I'd be disappointed with the final book.
So I'm procrastinating but I will write a proper review.....someday.

Pre reading:

“I wasn’t lying. I never wanted something like that to happen. Out of everything I have done and caused to happen... it’s the one thing I can never ask forgiveness for.”
----------

“Poor Persephone.” He stared
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo tumblr_n0a7j09qTZ1snlqo0o1_400_zps8201d8f3.gif

“Some people say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you one seriously ticked off god gunning for your ass, you prepare for war and you hope for paradise.” -Alex (Alexandria) Andros

Sentinel is the fifth and final book in the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. What can I say about coming to the end of this series? I loved every book, every page and every word. The love story between Alex and Aiden is epic and beautiful. This last book will make you laugh, cr
Ferdy
Spoilers

A generous two stars instead of one, because I'm just so happy the series has finally come to an end. All I need now is the last Lux installment to come out and then I won't ever have to read another JLA book again. I don't actually have that much of an issue with JLA's writing, it's just that her characters and plots are way too predictable and cheesy for my liking.

-Yea, I'm not a fan of the Covenant series, I'm only reading it because 1. I like to complete any series I've started (even
Laz
Feb 22, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal lovers
This book is a major heartbreak and the ending is a never-ending plot twist.

So much action. So many things happening in this book. Fights. Battles. Gods. This was mind-blowing. The best conclusion to this series that we could ever get.

All I wanted was for Alex and Aiden to be together because this kind of love deserves to keep on thriving on and on until the end of time. I'm grateful to Seth as much as I do not like him, I know he loves Alex and he, technically, does something awe-inspiring fo
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
5++++++++++ stars

My heart skipped a whole beat, and then sped up in recognition. Ah, I knew that voice. My heart and my soul knew that voice.

There was a time not all that long ago when I was grappling around trying to find something awesome to read…and I was out of inspiration. I had previously read the Lux series by this very author and had fallen in love, so I thought I’d take a chance and jump-jump into a story I had no clue what the blurb was talking about and give Armentrout another opportu
Marie
You know when reading you have an image in your head of a character? Well Taylor Kitsch is the closest to my imaginary Seth.

He.....................

IS MINE.

(Whose your imaginary Seth? Comment and add your pics!)

All I wanted from this conclusion was to see Seth happy (and ok. with Alex)

And I don't think I have to tell you with my rating that that is NOT what I got.

I am pissed.

First off yeah, I had a nagging feeling that Seth wasn't going to get his girl. Alex is stupid.
But after everything Se
Pilar ☽
1000000000 STARS!!!! (FULL REVIEW OF THE WHOLE SERIES)

Oh, my Gods and Holy Daimon Babies! This series, I have no words, JLA left me utterly amazed again!

description

I have so many feelings right now. I'm soooo, so extremely happy because of that perfect ending but sad at the same time because it's over.

I literally love
Nymeria
Jan 10, 2014 Nymeria marked it as to-read
One more book?! I'm sooo axcited!!!

Tina
Nov 17, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

I'M BIASED. I'MBIASEDI'MBIASEDI'MBIASEDI'MBIASEDI'MBIASED. I'm a huge JLA fan and a huge fan of this series so is it really a surprise I consider this book 5 stars worthy? I'll keep it short since I personally find it difficult to write long reviews for a book that's later in the series, so let me put it simply:

If you're been a huge fan since book 1: you'll LOVE this final book (if not at least like it).
If you're been on the fence or haven't been a huge fan: this book probably won't do m
Summer ✿

Why did I bother? After the shit-fest that was Apollyon, why did I continue with this series?

(Those are strictly rhetorical questions directed at myself. Truth be told, I don’t have the answer to them.)

The fifth and final book in the Covenant series cannot be considered a satisfying “conclusion”. It seemed more like a half-assed attempt, with only Alex and Aiden’s sex relationship given heed, and barely a fleeting glance given to anything else.

Why is this book so heavily reliant on roma
Gabriella ♡
Apr 16, 2016 Gabriella ♡ rated it it was amazing
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Five books filled with mythology and action; countless painful, almost heartbreaking moments; hundreds and hundreds of pages of deliciously hot romance… and now, we have finally reached the conclusion. The time has come to say goodbye to Alex, Aiden, Seth, Marcus and everyone else. Was this finale everything I’d hoped for? Well, no. But in the end, it made me feel peaceful and calm, happy with how we left the characters we’ve grown so attached to.

And make no mistake, my feelings for the charact
Lucia
Nov 05, 2013 Lucia rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
My Alex and Aiden:

I was sad, yet excited to start this final instalment. Once again, Jennifer L. Aremntrout managed to write exciting and thrilling story, full of Greek myths coming alive in our contemporary world. This may not be my favourite part of series, but I was still able to enjoy it a lot!

If you for whatever reason have not read this series yet, you should do so now. If not for action-packed, gut-wrenching storyline, than read it because of Aiden St. Deplhi. I am not sure if I have ever
Benjaminoftomes
Dec 14, 2014 Benjaminoftomes rated it it was ok
i tried and just could not read this book :(
Martinez
This has been one of the most amazing journeys I've engaged in my life. This 5 covenant books have rocked my world. Once again JLA leaves me with my mouth hanging wide open!

(keep in mind that this is a review of the complete series.)

For the last week this book did numerous things to me:
1. Happy

I love how quick Alex was to answer. I loved her stubbornness, I loved how hardheaded she was and how she didn't take shit from anyone. How all of her actions came from the heart and not from her head.

2.It
Annette Dellosa
Nov 03, 2013 Annette Dellosa rated it it was amazing
*sigh* I know I'm asking too much, but.. Can we have another book? Very last one? Please? No? Hmmm..

I am so not ready for this to end. I feel like there's more to tell especially after that ending. Don't get me wrong, but I'm very satisfied with it. I just want more Alex and Aiden. I don't care who the villain would be, I want more!!!

Maybe a novella? Jenn?
____________________________________________________________

photo tumblr_m74091Jmaz1rt93wu_zps0ba7d7e8.gif

Oh my.. oh my.. OH. MY. GODS! Look at that cover. Loook!!! Sooo.. aahh.. simple
Elizabeth
"It's time!"

description

Sentinel is the fifth and final book of the Covenant series. Everything that has transpired in the past four books has been leading to this moment! Sentinel did not disappoint.

Alex has been battling her future as the Apollyon. She has battled with her love for Aiden and the knowledge that they are not supposed to be together. She has battled with the loss of her parents. It is in this book that she truly matures into a beautiful, strong, driven young woman. Alex trains in order to p
jade
Oct 28, 2014 jade rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I'm not ready to say good bye to this. So, with all the hints and loose ends popping up in the last chapter, I convinced myself that Jen left it open to write a Covenant spin-off about Seth:
(view spoiler)
Victoria
May 05, 2013 Victoria marked it as series
Why I always end up rooting for a bad guy? I really need to change that bad habit, but I can't help it. Team Seth (that little broken boy wanting to be loved but finding it in wrong places and people) !
Laurie
Feb 09, 2016 Laurie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
5 BADASS STARS

Okay. OKAY. Let's start with the beginning.
First, this is the first time that I rate a series with such different grades at each book. The quality of the writing and the story was so uneven.
BUT THIS ONE, OH MY GODS.

From the first pages, this book has been awesome, action packed, badass. This is the book where I liked Alex and Aiden the most (wait I haven't say I loved them either). Alex was less whiny and Aiden more allowing and less stuck to her. I think that the fact Alex was a
Steph And Dani {A Walk on Words}
Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Covenant #5)
Dani's rating: 5 stars
Steph's rating: 5 stars
Overall rating: 5 stars

Dani's Review:
Spoilers if you haven't read the first 4 books. But if you haven't read the Covenant series yet, I don't know what you're doing with your life...Jk just read them ASAP!

Holy daimon babies, Ms. Armentrout has done it again! Each sequel she writes somehow tops the previous one! Sentinel is a breathtaking, jaw-dropping, heart-stopping, and tear-worthy finale to her amaz
Yodamom
This is the end, it is finished, done and over. I am thrilled to have finished up a series and saddened that a fun ride has come to an end. Apollo. Hades, Zeus, Ares, and all the other Gods will be missed. It was a long and bloody road, heartbreaking potholes and heartwarming pit stops all along the way. Wicked was not alway just evil and mean and good was not as pure and innocent as it seemed. It was a good ride that ended with a HEA to sooth the burns and bruises left in the wake of war.
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
*****5 Stars*****

Summary of Review Below: Fan-freaking-tastic!!

After being shattered to pieces by the enemy, Alex must rise again and defeat him once and for all. People will die. Sacrifices must be made. Behold the stunning conclusion to the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Wow. I was blown away by the final book in this series. The writing was superb. The story went by so quickly. The characters are amazing. They all exhibited true character growth. All of the characters (except a
Pearl Angeli
Jan 04, 2015 Pearl Angeli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-cried, 2014-reads
Damn great! Just great!

That overwhelming feeling you get after finishing the series and you don't basically know what to say. I'm so speechless right now. I have mixed emotions while reading this. Sentinel is absolutely a great series-ender. It gave me goosebumps right at the first chapters up to the last-- well, especially the last remaining chapters.

In this book, everything was flawless. The plotline was good. There were climaxes in between. And the best thing of all was the scene by which Set
A Million More Pages: 5 - Sentinel (Covenant): Jun 17 22 24 Jun 24, 2015 03:52AM
The Ending 23 196 Nov 30, 2014 03:12PM
TV Show?!? 6 56 Oct 26, 2014 07:07AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Book 5 - Sentinel 139 386 Sep 23, 2014 09:28AM
Jennifer L Arment...: Sentinel 17 274 Jul 30, 2014 04:39PM
The Feels 10 68 Mar 29, 2014 01:54PM
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Darkness, Kindled (Fire Spirits, #4)
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Severed (Fated, #2)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)

“He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.” 101 likes
“Gods were like possums.

You could go your whole life without seeing one, but once you found one of them, you found the whole freaky family.”
93 likes