Start by marking “One Man's Treasure (Bellingham Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
One Man's Treasure (Bellingham Mysteries, #4)

One Man's Treasure (Bellingham Mysteries #4)

Four years ago, Peter Fontaine made a name for himself as Bellingham, Washington's premiere investigative reporter. Since then he's got an award, a cat and good-looking artist to come home to every night.

Nick Olson, Peter's long-suffering lover has a lot of reasons for wanting Peter to stop investigating the many and varied crimes committed in the City of Subdued Excitemen
Published April 17th 2012 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about One Man's Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Man's Treasure

Mandapanda
Jun 04, 2012 Mandapanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Book 4 in one of my favourite m/m romance series. Reporter and amateur sleuth Peter and his boyfriend, landscape artist and ex-Marine Nick, are once again in the thick of a murder mystery in their hometown of Bellingham. If you haven't read this series you are really missing out. The impeccable writing, the intriguing and quirky mysteries, and the rich descriptions of Bellingham and it's inhabitants are just wonderful. The great romance between Peter and Nick is the icing on the cake.

The books
Karen Wellsbury
Mar 09, 2016 Karen Wellsbury rated it it was amazing
My favourite so far, the mystery was relatively easy to work out, but not so much that you feel like you've been given a massive sign that says..Murderer here, but the romance was lovely. Peter and Nick are established as a couple, and deal with established couple issues and again there is a message here.

All in all great
Edina Rose
Apr 25, 2012 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing
Definitely my favourite in the series. I can't believe this already VERY GOOD series is getting so much BETTER! The mystery and romance mix was just perfect. Peter is still the most endearing character. And Nick is clearly his ROCK.

Highly Recommended.

PS: The book dealt beautifully with some serious "equality" issues without ever being preachy.

Ginn Hale
Apr 17, 2012 Ginn Hale rated it it was amazing
I may be a little biased because the mysteries take place in my hometown, but I love this series!

Not only does Nicole Kimberling capture the quirky, creative spirit of Bellingham, but she brings it to life with a vivid cast of characters who's relationships develop and grow as the books go on. The mysteries are always about more than just crime; they explore people and their relationships as much as theft or murder. That said, it's also a delight to follow Peter and Nick as they uncover tell tai
Calathea
Apr 27, 2012 Calathea rated it it was amazing
4.5*

What fun this read was! You have to love Peter and Nick, those guys are awsome together! There are so many loveable details in this story about the town and its inhabitants that I could read on and on. Peter's inner typing and the writing style with its pretty, humorous, sometimes cheeky phrasing made me chuckle all the time. And that Nick's stoicism doesn't mean he hasn't got feelings is so wonderfully shown it makes my heart melt.
In this fourth installment of the Bellingham Mysteries the o
Anke
Jun 24, 2012 Anke rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable read and hopefully not the last one in the series.
Kassa
Jun 04, 2012 Kassa rated it really liked it
One Man’s Treasure is a thoroughly enjoyable read and visit down memory lane with familiar characters. You can easily pick this up without having read the previous books, as I had only a passing memory of the characters and situation when I started this latest book, so don’t worry if you’re a latecomer to the series. Those that remember the series more than my faint memory will appreciate a lot of the nuances and details that connect to the previous books. The formula is similar for almost all ...more
Tam
Dec 28, 2013 Tam rated it really liked it
This is another fun installment in the Bellingham Mysteries series. I love Peter, but I’m not sure I could ever be as patient as Nick. In this case, Nick is determined to find out who poisoned the local ceramic artist, and the fact that police have asked him to share information with them in exchange for what they know doesn’t hurt. There are kind of two parallel stories here, Peter digging around for dirt on the dead man and Nick and Peter moving their relationship forward, leaving Peter rather ...more
Ulysses Dietz
Aug 10, 2013 Ulysses Dietz rated it really liked it
I've been reading the entire five-part Bellingham Mysteries series in one go - to try to get the feel of a big book from this excellent suite of novellas. I wanted to really spend time with the characters, not just visit them like episodes in a mini-series (which is really what this is, come to think of it).

The last two of the books, "One Man's Treasure" and "Birds of a Feather," seem to take us to the end of our relationship with Peter Fontaine and Nick Olson. As in the rest of the series, ther
Katharina
Jul 09, 2013 Katharina rated it it was amazing
Funny, witty, and quirky, again! I loved it all - the setting in the North Pacific area is as brilliant as ever and the Farmer's market, the artists, and of course Peter were a hoot!

I love how the relationship between Peter and Nick progresses in this story. They're so brilliant together, there's so much true connection and emotion and chemistry there. I want to read so many more books with those two - the fact that I'm almost at the end of the series (are there any more stories planned? Please
KC
Jun 26, 2013 KC rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mystery
Loved it! Peter's inner-article-writing is as funny and witty as ever; i liked the setting of the mystery at a farmers' market, and the mystery was really good! I always enjoy the interaction between Peter and Nick, and now with the cat as well :) My favorites, though i love all the mysteries in this series, now are Baby, It's Cold Outside, and One Man's Treasure.
Snowtulip
Jun 06, 2012 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, own
Hhhmm...yes...still absolutely loving Peter! Ok, I also love Nick more with each book. Completely addicted to this series...completely makes me happy to read.
Denise
Jun 25, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it
This is a great series. The relationship between Peter and Nick feels very real and they are a great couple. The mysteries are entertaining and I hope Nicole has more in store for us.
Melanie
May 01, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.25

Peter Fontaine, intrepid reporter for The Bellinghamster, and his long suffering artist partner Nick Olson are back again in another mystery set in the City of Subdued Excitement, Bellingham, Washington. Along for the ride are their many quixotic friends and outlandish acquaintances we have gotten to know over the last three mysteries . This time around, Peter and partner nee boyfriend Nick have been strongarmed by Peter's BFF Evangeline Conklin, sometime found object artist, into he
Lily
3.5 stars.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

A man dies tragically right in front of Peter so of course he has to investigate it, right? Peter can’t help his reporter’s curiosity. He also thinks everyone else is crazy if they don’t have the same insatiable need to figure out secrets. This time he even has a cop asking him to poke around the close knit organic market atmosphere, so Peter’s questions are practically sanctioned by law. Combined with a madcap best friend and long su
ARe Cafe
Apr 11, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it really liked it
Shelves: vals-picks
One Man’s Treasure by Nicole Kimberling is the fourth book in the very entertaining Bellingham Mystery series (named after its vivid setting of Bellingham, Washington State, USA). The books are written as stand-alone mysteries, so you can easily jump into the middle of the series with this one. However, to appreciate the subtle evolution of the relationship between the two main characters, you should read the books in consecutive order.

This series features an opposites-attract theme in the pairi
ttg
Jun 20, 2012 ttg rated it really liked it
I could read Nicole Kimberling write in her sly, sexy, funny way about murderous Northwest farmers markets all day long. One Man’s Treasure is the 4th installment of the Bellingham Mysteries series, and is just as enjoyable as the last three. Peter continues to be the over-eager reporter who is completely incapable of staying out of a case when it starts getting dangerous, and thankfully for him, his long-suffering artist partner Nick is sticking around for the ride. These two are a wonderful ...more
L-D
This was another good book in this series. When I opened this book last night it sounded familiar and I thought to myself, hey wait, I think I read this already. I ended up skimming to almost half way through where I got to a part that I haven't read before. So clearly I had started this book a long time ago and for whatever reason, it was a DNF. I picked up where I left off, and it was a cute mystery. I still love Peter and Nick and their relationship is what makes this book for me. When I was ...more
GymGuy
Jan 08, 2013 GymGuy rated it really liked it
In looking at the average rating for this book, I wasn't really sure whether it got great reviews because of attrition: just readers who liked the previous books reviewing this last in the series; or whether, in fact, this book was really worth the rating.

To my surprise, this story rates the great rating. Ms. Kimberling tells a very balanced story of endearing characters, honest relationships, wonderful descriptions of the environment and tender moments that make your heart swell. There are a fe
Suze
Sep 09, 2016 Suze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am enjoying this fun series!
The stories are short, move along well and are pacey. 3.5*
Nick is the serious, gruff sensible adult and Peter is the 'fools rush in' type, always getting into trouble.
I was hopeful for a while in this installment that Peter's TSTL moments were behind him - but no, order (or rather, disorder) is restored when he goes it alone.
Nick, I'd love to see more of a softer side to Nick - we get glimpses like the Domestic Partnership proposal but it is always overlaid with a l
~RMG
Jun 23, 2013 ~RMG rated it liked it
In this installment, Peter is once again being his usual nosy self, getting himself involved in a mysterious murder, running a humorous inner monologue that had me shaking my head and grinning. Luckily for Peter, his hunky lover Nick is there to save him from his usual MO of letting his curiosity hurl him smack-dab into mayhem. Definitely another wonderful addition to this delightful series.
MostlyDelores
Apr 23, 2012 MostlyDelores rated it it was amazing
I re-read the previous three books before I moved on to this one, and they are just wonderful. Each book centres around a different mystery and a different milestone for Peter and Nick's relationship, also starring the city of Bellingham and its inhabitants. They are short, crisp, layered and romantic. Best read in order, which is good since I couldn't choose between them.
Grace
A friend of Peter and Nick's drops collapses at a Farmer's Market. He dies and it turns out he was poisoned. Peter has to start nosing around and of course gets in trouble yet again. He and Nick take the next step in the their relationship. A good instalment in the series. I like Peter but not enough of his story monologues in this one.
Lady*M
May 12, 2012 Lady*M rated it really liked it
4 - 4.5 stars

I love Peter as narrator, humor and these two guys together - they aren't flashy like some other M/M couples, but that's exactly what I like. I certainly hope that there will be more of these stories.
Meggie
Apr 29, 2012 Meggie rated it liked it
The four book in "Bellingham Mystery" was solidly down to earth. Overall I liked it. The relationship between Peter and Nick is a bit to cold for my taste, but hey at least Peter knows how to be comical and pulling character.
Li
Sep 23, 2012 Li rated it liked it
I'm glad I stuck with this m/m romance/mystery series - the first couple of books weren't standouts, but Peter and Nick are really starting to grow on me and the mystery plots keep on getting stronger by the book.
Teresa
Feb 09, 2014 Teresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, romances, own
Another entertaining installment to Peter and Nick's story. The mystery wasn't obvious, but satisfied. I love that Nick is so patient with Peter's curiosity and that they work so well together.
clear skies
If the author focused a little more on the characters and less on the crappy mysteries and cheesy dialogue I'd be happier.

Chris
Apr 20, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, mystery, ebook, 2012
Very good m/m mystery/romance in which Peter tries to figure out why the guy who collapsed in front of him at the farmer's market died.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • Lovers and Other Strangers
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Laying Ghosts (Deputy Joe, #3)
  • Half Moon Chambers
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Big Cypress Crossroads
  • Relief Valve (The Plumber's Mate #2)
  • Hell Cop 2
  • Deadly Wrong (Deadly Mystery, #2)
  • Willing Flesh (Inspector Raft Mystery, #1)

Bellingham Mysteries (5 books)
  • Primal Red (Bellingham Mysteries, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Bellingham Mysteries, #2)
  • Black Cat Ink (Bellingham Mysteries, #3)
  • Birds of a Feather (Bellingham Mysteries, #5)