Start by marking “Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella ” as Want to Read:
Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella

Of Thieves and Elves: A Supernovella

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A monumental tragedy has befallen the Clan of Ionor, an ancient brotherhood of elven warriors. Concerned when their Master does not reach his secretive business in a distant kingdom, the Elders learn that Tryn, their beloved leader, has been captured by a cutthroat gang of bandits known as the Steel Claw. Yet this is not the darkest of their tidings. The relic under the cl...more
Published April 8th 2012 by Fanda Books

To ask other readers questions about Of Thieves and Elves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Thieves and Elves

Cold Days by Jim ButcherKing of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceA Perfect Blood by Kim HarrisonFair Game by Patricia BriggsTricked by Kevin Hearne
Science Fiction & Fantasy Titles for 2012!
240th out of 650 books — 1,470 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickGrishma by Kelly Anne BlountFallen by Lauren KateGraceling by Kristin CashoreFire by Kristin Cashore
Best Fantasy Book Covers
307th out of 959 books — 1,076 voters

More lists with this book...

Pure Textuality
I received Of Thieves and Elves as a review request from the author AP Stephens a while ago. When starting the book, I didn’t really know what it was about. I knew it was classified as epic fantasy and that was about it. Since reading the book, I have found that Mr. Stephens is known for the epic fantasy genre and he has a reputation for excellence in his work. I would have to agree.

Initially, I had a little bit of trouble getting into the book. The beginning is a little slow moving but once the...more
Marlene
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc

I had to check the definition of a novella. It's the librarian in me. Because this is a fantasy, the definition that the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America use should suffice. SFWA defines a novella as having a word count between 17,500 and 40,000 words. At 252 pages, believe me, Of Thieves and Elves is a novel. A pretty decent one, but a novel.

About that novel...if there is one basic plot (as opposed to 7 or 10) that plot is "Who am I?" Of Thie...more
edifanob
Well excecuted.

Tons of action, twists and turns, interesting characters, each with an own motive ...

Read my full review over at Edi's Book Lighthouse
Melissa
My first thought when I started reading this book was that it has been WAY too long since I listened to The Stolen Moon of Londor, which I reviewed at the end of 2009. Now, you absolutely don't have to have read the other books in The White Shadow Saga to enjoy this "supernovella." Personally, I think I am due for a re-read and I'd really like to continue with the second book in the series, Shameless Wonders.

With this "supernovella," as Stephens has termed it, he has managed to pack quite a punc...more
James Pickering
OF THIEVES AND ELVES by A. P. Stephens brings true champions and wicked evil in a story that reads quickly and stays in your thoughts long after it is done.

The underlying element of the plot is that one young warrior will have to learn to trust his elders and forge his path in the world. Eonen, who is the elder tasked with finding their missing leader, Tryn, must choose a companion to help him. In this, he turns to Tride, a talented elf who is disliked by his peers because he is not of true line...more
Derek Jordan
To be honest I would like to have given this four or five stars. The reason that I did not is because I felt that there could have been more story before where the story began. I wanted to have more emotional investment in the characters by the time they came to this point. I found the writing to be well done and enjoyable.

By the very end I was much more close to the place I wanted to be with the characters when what was happening at the start.

Without a slow start I felt rushed and as stated e...more
Michelle Figley
Of Thieves and Elves is a richly descriptive, eloquently written story that all lovers of Epic Fantasy novels should read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and that's saying a lot since I hold all novels in this genre to a very high standard. I haven't been as engrossed in a fantasy novel since I first read The Hobbit. I am so glad I discovered this book and highly recommend it to everyone, even if you're not a huge fan of the genre, because you will be after reading Of Thieves and Elves.
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Michaelw
Michaelw marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Elouise
Elouise marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Emy
Emy added it
Jun 05, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Gina Hott
Gina Hott marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Justin Mitchell
Justin Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Mitya
Mitya added it
Oct 05, 2013
Beate
Beate marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Anuradha Sen
Anuradha Sen marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Anglia Spring
Anglia Spring marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Hannah Noel Parton
Hannah Noel Parton marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Author of THE WHITE SHADOW SAGA and also the supernovella, OF THIEVES AND ELVES.
More about A.P. Stephens...
The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga, #1) Shameless Wonders (The White Shadow Saga, #2) Arayış (Beyaz Gölge Serisi, #1) Beyaz Gölge Serisi: Arayış (Beyaz Gölge Serisi, #1) Steel and Snare: an Add-on for Of Thieves and Elves