Start by marking “Dancing with Mao and Miguel” as Want to Read:
Dancing with Mao and Miguel

Dancing with Mao and Miguel

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  1 Review
Dancing with Mao and Miguel is a riveting love story set against the backdrop of radical politics in the 1970s. Jenny, an organizer in a refinery in New Jersey, falls in love with a Dominican immigrant. As she’s drawn ever closer to him, she struggles with intense political doubts, longtime fears of intimacy and sex, and personal betrayal on the way to discovering her own ...more
Published (first published February 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing with Mao and Miguel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing with Mao and Miguel

Peter
Apr 16, 2012 Peter rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All who are OK with explicit sexual scenes
Ms. Kroger NAILED IT! She creates plenty of tension in the bedroom, so that the tensions of left-wing politics of the 70's was not overwhelming to me.
Don't get me wrong--the politics is totally realistic--I speak from first hand knowledge. I like the tension of the middle-class-youth-turned-proletarian.
It's also not dissing the idealism of the youth of the day--and I appreciate that too.
Great book!
Nick
Oct 31, 2016 Nick rated it really liked it
This unusual novel of modern history centers on events in the early 1970s. The central character has become disenchanted with capitalism, and has joined a communist collective with the goal of organizing factory workers. In this setting, she meets a handsome man whose background includes surviving the 1965 Dominican troubles, which included the U.S. armed intervention to help put down a popular uprising.
Miguel is handsome and charismatic, but can anything he says be trusted? Even though some cha
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Jeremy Kroger
Jeremy Kroger rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013