Start by marking “Her Highland Champion” as Want to Read:
Her Highland Champion

Her Highland Champion

An Honor Guard Story...

Heather Winchester leads a charming life. With good friends, a beautiful flat in one of the most amazing cities in the world, and a promising future once she finishes her Ph.D, she is finally pursuing her own dreams instead of catering to everyone else’s…except she doesn’t remember any of it.
Published 2012 by Decadent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Her Highland Champion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Highland Champion

Lindsay Avalon
Feb 14, 2013 Lindsay Avalon rated it really liked it
NOTE: I won a copy of this book in a contest, loved it, and decided to review it.

4.5 stars would be more accurate

WHAT I LIKED:

Where do I begin? This book was fast paced, featured a very sexy, protective Highlander, lots of plot twists packed into novella size. It was so well written and engaging, I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Loved the instant attraction between Malcolm and Heather, but also loved how Malcolm tried to fight it. He couldn't hold out of course, but he gave it a valiant ef
Jennifer Crump
May 18, 2012 Jennifer Crump rated it really liked it
This was a fast paced read and I really enjoyed getting to know the characters. Heather is a very strong willed person. She is genuine and caring but is a bit vulnerable after her accident. She is found on the shore barely alive by Malcolm Fraser. Malcolm is on leave from his job and doesn’t want to help protect Heather but something about her makes him want to do just that. With Malcolm’s help, Heather slowly regains her memory and starts to put the pieces together of her accident. The man ...more
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Thanks to Decadent Publishing and Alexa Bourne for continuously bringing me stories that have me hooked within the first couple chapters! Ms. Bourne's stories are set in Scotland and I love it!!

I love that this story is a romantic suspense since I love them! These two characters were fun to read, while it was just suspenseful enough that it wasn't overbearing. I also love that we got to see a couple characters from her other stories too.

I love the the heroine was a strong character despite hav
Jo-Ann Carson
Jul 12, 2012 Jo-Ann Carson rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the Highland Champion. I liked the unique characters and loved the world created around them. The suspense grew from the first page to the last and kept me turning pages. Of course, I knew they'd end up safe and together, but I wanted to know how. Alexa Bourne's smooth prose pulled me into her seamless story. Her pacing is fast and the chemistry she brews is hot, hot... hot. The story has me fantasizing about running a B&B in the Scottish Highlands. A great sexy read.
Diva
Jun 11, 2012 Diva rated it really liked it
Bourne is an excellent writer. She gives contemporary a style. Her heroes are dashing and her heroines are wonderful. I could easily picture them in my mind along with the beautiful Scottish landscape the story takes place in. The tension in this book was tantalizing. I knew the character's stakes were high when I realized they could lose each other in the process. I can't wait to read the second novella in this series. Cheers!
Veronica Shaw
Mar 27, 2014 Veronica Shaw rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Heather was sweet and Malcolm sexy. The setting in Scotland was very realistic and enjoyable. My only complaint is that I wish it had been longer - I wanted to know more about Malcolm and Heather and I wanted to watch them get to know each other a little more. Overall a great read!
Colette
I wanted something light to read while I was feeling sick. This was perfect. I liked this rom suspense because the heroine was likable and the hero was sighworthy. Full Review to come.
Future Slayer Girl
A little too hearts and flowers--vanilla for me. But Alexa is a solid writer. Full review coming soon.
Decadent Publishing LLC
Decadent Publishing LLC rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Cat Schield
Cat Schield rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Angi Morgan
Angi Morgan rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
Nola 1818
Nola 1818 rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Savannah
Savannah rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Readsausten
Readsausten rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2013
Christopher Bolton
Christopher Bolton rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Laci Paige
Laci Paige rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
Lane McFarland
Lane McFarland rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2013
Marulett
Marulett marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Deirdre
Deirdre marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2012
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
S.J.
S.J. marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Taryn Kincaid
Taryn Kincaid marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2012
Sabrina Garie
Sabrina Garie marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Suzie Williams
Suzie Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
C.J. Burright
C.J. Burright marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Kay
Kay added it
Aug 14, 2013
Sarah added it
Oct 23, 2013
Nicola Murdochrundell
Nicola Murdochrundell marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Denise Van plew
Denise Van plew marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Jeannie Bourgeois
Jeannie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Sophia Kimble
Sophia Kimble marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Kandyce Guerra
Kandyce Guerra marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Jessica J
Jessica J marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Loisa
Loisa marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Alexa Bourne is a teacher by day and a romance writer by nights, weekends, and all school holidays. She also teaches online classes for writers throughout the year. She writes romantic suspense and contemporary romance and is thrilled to have the chance to share her stories with readers everywhere.

When she’s not concocting sinister plots and steamy love scenes or traveling and exploring new cultur
More about Alexa Bourne...