Start by marking “Buying Time (An Aspen Moore Novel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Buying Time (An Aspen Moore Novel, #1)

Buying Time (Aspen Moore #1)

Aspen Moore has a new life in a new city, complete with a new career. As a personal concierge, she sells her time to those who don't have enough. One of the perks of her business is focusing on other people's lives so she doesn't have to face the demons in her own.

When Aspen's most loyal customer dies and his suicide looks eerily like murder, she anonymously tips off the p
Published April 14th 2012 by BookRise (first published April 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Buying Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buying Time

Lisa Bork
Apr 18, 2012 Lisa Bork rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
A debut novel full of murder, mayhem, and, yes, pure chaos. A light-hearted, fun, quick read. Favorite line, "My life is a freakin three-ring circus and I'm locked in the trunk of the clown car."
Sally Hannoush
May 03, 2012 Sally Hannoush rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Buying Time" is a fun read. The characters are easy to relate to and the lingo flows well. The main character, Aspen Moore, can't seem to catch a break with her bad luck. It's just one thing after another. My favorite line is when Aspen is being followed by a car. "The good news? The white sedan didn't follow me. The bad news? I turned left onto a one-way street going the wrong direction." There are a lot of quick witted lines throughout the book that made me laugh out loud. I want to know what ...more
Donna
Jun 17, 2012 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2012
This is a fairly standard cozy mystery but certainly above average for a first time writer. It had those plotting weaknesses of the main character withholding information from her compatriots and the villain conveniently confessing his crimes, but it was interesting enough that I would read another in the series.
Barbara Huskey
May 03, 2012 Barbara Huskey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love the main character because she reminds me of myself so very much. This was a quick read that kept me interested from start to finish. I look forward to reading further stories of Aspen Moore.
Elizabeth
May 04, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
What an action packed mystery... I know every few pages things just keep happening... This book reminded me a lot of the Heather Wells books by Meg Cabot... I cannot wait for the next one!
Jennifer Sullivan
awesome!!!
Terry Crawford Palardy
Kelly Cochran takes us into the world of a woman who is just finding her way in a new setting. Having lost her fiance, witnessed his murder, and testified against the criminals who killed him, she is now in the witnesss protection program.

Amber, formerly Amelia, has left her family, her friends, her professional career, her possessions and her success to start over miles away from her home. She has to begin establishing new goals and dreams. Her new choice of career is as a personal concierge,
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
First off, a big thank you to Kelly Cochran for sending me a copy of this book to review! I really appreciate it and I had a lot of fun reading this one! Another review (in more detail) is posted on my blog: The Book Addict's Guide

After less than a year after her move to St. Louis, new member to the witness protection program Aspen Moore finally found a comfortable routine for her life. As a personal concierge, she's able to help her clients and maintain a low profile, as well as having made som
Tami
May 03, 2012 Tami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won. 5/3/12
I received my copy and hope to start soon, I have 11 others plus my current read in front. 5/17/12
Going on vacation and taking with me. Hopefully will start sometime this week 6/29-7/5
Started and finished sometime before 7/8/12

Aspen is a personal concierge who sells her time doing things for those that don't have enough time. One of her clients is having her help research some real estate transactions. He calls her to come to
Jill
May 26, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aspen Moore started her own concierge business, Moore Time, when she moved to St. Louis as part of the Witness Protection Relocation Program. Things go downhill when her best client appears to have committed suicide, the dog from her dog walking job is dognapped, her apartment is ransacked and strange men start stalking her. Is her old life about to catch up with her or is she prone to stumble into chaos where ever she goes? You have to read the story to find out where an eccentric paraplegic, a ...more
Phyllis
May 02, 2012 Phyllis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ooh, the first book in a series. I love to read series. I hope this one is good.

Well, I was very excited to win this book from Good Reads. I enjoyed it. Its about a woman in
Wit Sec. She started a business selling her time to do odd jobs for people. Some things start happening to her clients and she doesn't know whether or not it has anything to do with the people Wit Sec is hiding her from.

There was also an element of attraction to a male friend that will probably be explored in future books.

I
Carolyn
Kelly Cochran's 'Buying Time' is a classic one-damned-thing-after-another mystery. Our heroine, Aspen, is a personal concierge who handles everything from research to mail delivery to dog-sitting (or even dog-napping if the situation requires it) so long as there's a paycheck in the end. We get into the swing of the story on the end of a rope and the question Aspen needs to answer is was it murder or suicide? Backed up by a motley cast of characters (many of them with murky motives), Aspen must ...more
Kristina Stanley

Move over Janet Evanovich, here comes Kelly Cochran. Buying Time is hilarious and suspenseful. Aspen Moore is a lovable character that you want to root for. There is non-stop action that keeps you guessing until the end. I'm so glad I discovered this author. For anyone looking to lose themselves in a book and disappear from the world for a while, this one's for you. Aspen Moore's sense of humour will keep you laughing. This is a feel good murder mystery.
Maria Schneider
Lots to like, especially the characters. Quite rushed when it came to completing plotlines. More than once it felt like there were missing scenes or back scenes squished into a line or two that the reader didn't "see" happen. Characters' actions/motivations weren't always on target making for some confusing spots and red herrings that didn't quite mesh. A very decent read for the price, but it could have used some smoothing out.
Skeeter Jorgensen
I won this book on Goodreads. Aspen sells her time to those that don't have enough. Interesting concept. Aspen is in the witness protection, starting a new life and a new career. She winds up in the middle of murder and conspiracies, trying to solve the crime and keep her secret past.
I enjoyed this book, it sure sets you up for a series. Some off color words, but other than that a good book. NoG
Susan
Dec 23, 2014 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the plot for about two thirds of this book and even the characters except Aspen must be the most clueless investigator ever because she falls into such obvious traps. After fairly reasonable setup and storyline, everything spirals downhill into ridiculous events that even suspension of disbelief don't help.
Theresa Banks-edin
An excellent debut novel with an interesting plot line to keep the reader moving along at a fast pace. One of many novels where the heroine just has random events happen she needs to contend with, so it's not reinventing the wheel but satisfying all the same.
Janine
Nov 26, 2012 Janine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit disjointed and the main character seemed to solve the crime by mistake.
E
Oct 17, 2012 E rated it really liked it
Another freebie on Kindle. It's the first in a new mystery series. The book sort of grew on me, so I'll probably read the next one when it comes out.
Donna
Jul 25, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's fair; not bad for a freebie Kindle book. It passed the time.
Sheri Matthews
Sheri Matthews rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Eileen Patterson
Eileen Patterson rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012
DonnaCarol
DonnaCarol rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2012
Sue T
Sue T rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2012
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Jean Rusbarsky
Jean Rusbarsky rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Ginny L. Joseph
Ginny L. Joseph rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Darnise Chilo
Darnise Chilo rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
pcb
pcb rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Can there be too much "Oh Good Grief" factor for female characters ? ? 1 4 May 24, 2012 11:16PM
  • Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3)
  • Bingo Barge Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #1)
  • If Errands Could Kill (Minivan Mom Mystery, #1)
  • Force of Habit (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation #1)
  • The Last Justice
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • The Temporary Detective (Isobel Spice #1)
  • The Surgeon's Blade
  • Two Widows and the Thrift Store Murders
  • Death of the Couch Potato's Wife
  • Dead Is the New Black (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #1)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Fit To Be Dead (Aggie Mundeen Mystery #1)
  • Cooking the Books (Sloane Templeton Mysteries #1)
  • Liquid Lies
  • Buying Murder  (Regan McHenry Real Estate Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder Can Depress Your Dachshund (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #14)
  • Death on a Deadline ( Sleuthing Sisters Mystery)
Kelly's stint as a North Carolinga Tarheel was short-lived when her parents whisked her off to Kentucky, a move that would be the first of many. Kelly has also resided in California, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, and Texas.

After attending 13 different schools in 12 years, she became an emancipated minor at seventeen and began college. With her life officially her responsibility
More about Kelly Cochran...