Start by marking “All Pro Dad: Seven Essentials to Be a Hero to Your Kids” as Want to Read:
All Pro Dad: Seven Essentials to Be a Hero to Your Kids

All Pro Dad: Seven Essentials to Be a Hero to Your Kids

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"An NFL player becomes an All-Pro by relentlessly focusing on the fundamentals and executing them with sheer determination. The same is true to become an All Pro Dad. This book not only highlights the fundamentals of fatherhood, but also gives dads a winning game plan to do their most important job well." -Tony Dungy, Super Bowl winning coach and NBC Sports commentator The ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about All Pro Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Pro Dad

Eric Moote
Jun 25, 2015 Eric Moote rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one! Ever.
Recommended to Eric by: Pinterest
Shelves: parenting
Overall: it is a huge red flag to me when a book about parenting has numerous matter-of-fact quotes from family members stating how the author is not a good husband and/or father. "That's why I am writing the book." Really? And you expect people to join you in this? Why did anyone ever publish this?

I recently became a father, so like every good dad-in-training I scoured the internet for "christian dad books" and landed on a short list of books I could find at my local library. "All Pro Dad" ros
Brenten Gilbert
I’ve been a dad now for about a decade. What more is there to know? Well, first, there’s knowing that it’s a never-ending process, akin to climbing a mountain to catch a glimpse of the peak.

In All Pro Dad, Merrill, a former NFL player and founder of Family First, uses his initials to provide an alliterative plan of action for fatherhood with the goal of becoming a hero to your kids. His seven Ms outline a life reflective of God’s values and one that will improve your impact on others, specifical
All Pro Dad is a book about being a better dad. There are seven essentials given in the book for you to be a hero to your kids.

All Pro Dad is written by Mark Merrill.

First off, a dad can only lead his family to the degree that he follows Jesus. You have to follow before you can lead. The book is designed to get the fathers to think about their relationships with their wives and kids. Sit down and evaluate those relationships. Are they at the place that you really want them to be?

Relationships ta
All Pro Dad is written in the outline and style of a football playbook. Mark Merrill described the fundamentals of fatherhood as loving our children no matter what mistakes and failures they might make in their lifetime. Leading and discipline our children can be extremely difficult but it has to be done in order to teach them the accurate way to conduct their lives.

The book shared seven essentials to becoming a better father that your wife and children need you to be. Some of the seven are Make
As a father I try to soak up all the parenting experience and advice I can. There was a lot of it in All Pro Dad. Mark Merrill has drawn wisdom from a variety of people. And Scripture says in the multitude of council is wisdom.

You can also sense that Scripture is important through out. I did find myself wanting some more Scripture exposition. A lot of what Merrill provides is practical advice which was great. But sometime without being hinged directly to Scripture I felt I could’ve got it from a
Jim Serger
What a book for dads, what a book for creating a more efficient dad. I am a fan of ALL PRO DAD-I have been to two events at the Indianapolis Colts facility-- each time I grow and feel the effects of the program. This book is as important as one of the events. The 7 M's were moving and great growth material. I highly recommend this book, the program; but most of all I see putting my kids first, my wife first and placing me third will create a more balanced life.
Jan 19, 2015 Josh rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dads, parents, friends
Recommended to Josh by: wife
My wife got me this book for Christmas, as we are expecting our first baby in April. It was really good; engaging and challenging while written on an easy to read level. I will definitely be revisiting this resource in years to come.
Joshua Brown
Great book. One of the best books on being a biblical father I have read so far! Check out my full review on my blog at
Aaron Conrad
Great book. If you're a Dad, go get it. If you're a wife, go get it for your husband. Great coaching from Mark Merrill.
Definitely one of the better written parenting manuals, whether you are a dad or a mom.
Jeremy Loukas
Jeremy Loukas is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2015
Taylor Shivers
Taylor Shivers is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2015
Steven Palange
Steven Palange is currently reading it
Jul 19, 2015
Daniel Moore
Daniel Moore marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Marc Medley
Marc Medley marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Evan Clinger
Evan Clinger marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Kevin Peterson
Kevin Peterson marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Chucksharp is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
William Mckinley
William Mckinley marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Rob E
Rob E marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014