Start by marking “Saga #2 ” as Want to Read:
Saga #2

Saga #2 (Saga)

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,332 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
The ongoing epic continues! After deserting their galactic armies, former soldiers Marko and Alana must now protect their newborn girl from the lethal killers dispatched to destroy their family.
Published April 11th 2012 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Saga #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saga #2

Saga #1 by Brian K. VaughanSaga #2 by Brian K. VaughanSaga #3 by Brian K. VaughanSaga #4 by Brian K. VaughanSaga #5 by Brian K. Vaughan
Saga
2nd out of 29 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Karleigh.Reads
Apr 19, 2015 Karleigh.Reads rated it really liked it
Getting very interesting. Some parts put me off but each ending is a total cliffhanger!
Negativni
Nov 02, 2015 Negativni rated it it was amazing
“When a man carries an instrument of violence, he'll always find the justification to use it. If we really want to escape this war, we have to stop bringing it with us.”
― Brian K. Vaughan, Saga, Volume 1

Gotovo je. Navukao sam se! :-)
Julie
Oct 15, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
Everything happens so fast in this comic! I have so many questions that I need answers to. I thought I'd just read this issue and continue on in the morning but there is no way I can stop here. Kudos to the illustrator, some of the art is very creepy. Being an arachnophobe, if I have nightmares tonight this is definitely to blame. I'm really enjoying this so far, hopefully it continues in it's current awesome fashion.
Jbb Lim
Oct 28, 2014 Jbb Lim rated it it was amazing
Can anyone tell me that every chapter for Saga leaves me hanging with shocked? I know in the first chapter, there were moments of survivor-hood and betrayal... and some sort of a treasure map leaving behind.

In this chapter, I didn't expect it to happen so soon! And at the very last, it kinda gives me the creeps! Holy Guacamole Shocked!!!

Chapter 3 coming up!

Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars

My Blogspot Review
Crystal
Apr 21, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
Issue #1 was amazing. Issue #2 continues the awesome. If you like comics-- wait, screw that, if you like good STORIES, you should be reading this comic. Brian K. Vaughan is killing it and Fiona Staples matching him step for awesome step.
Salman Nazir
Jan 10, 2015 Salman Nazir rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
these Graphic Novels are amazing.
my first Graphic novel series and i'm loving it
Sarah S
Nov 29, 2014 Sarah S rated it it was amazing
Omg the Horrors!
Liberty K
Oct 11, 2015 Liberty K rated it really liked it
Daaaamn!
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖shut me up already✖
¡No me podes dejar así, mierda!
Katy Jane
Aug 13, 2015 Katy Jane rated it it was amazing
1. "I enjoy the taste of my own breast milk." Hahaha.
2. It's like fantasy/superhero/love story/sci-fi/drama/comedy. All genres in one.
3. The art is captivating and tells a story.
4. The little side frames of Hazel's narrations is pretty great.
5. I feel like people will soon have Alana's haircut. And grow horns like Marko.
6. I was totally alarmed by the Endless Woods armless, topless lady. Also didn't expect her to be The Stalk.
7. The Horrors scared me. And then that's the end?! You can't do tha
Natalie
Dec 31, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
oh my god!!!! the Horrors!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda Leon
Jul 25, 2014 Amanda Leon rated it it was amazing
Check out my blog Reads By Amanda for more book reviews!

As I continue my exploration and growing love for the comic book/graphic novel genre, I picked up a graphic novel that's been on my tbr pile for a while, Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples.

Saga was absolutely amazing. I discovered Brian K. Vaughan through the Runaways series, which is one of my favorite comics and Saga doesn't disappoint. The illustration and just imagination and creativity of the story and
Macha
May 31, 2014 Macha rated it really liked it
this series is completely charming, visually powerful, and very original. based on an idea Vaughan had in high school, for a contemporized Romeo and Juliet saga set in an intergalactic war. the concept was to realize a series that specifically could not be filmed, because you can do stuff on paper you can't do in live-action. the dialogue is wonderful, the structure is beautifully tight, the illustrations are amazing, the story and the characters engaging: and there's nothing else like it in com ...more
Arissam
Nov 19, 2014 Arissam rated it it was amazing

"Baby, please."
"We need you. They're coming and, we need you. I need--"

I'm speechless?
(view spoiler)

Nayeomi
Jun 04, 2014 Nayeomi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
i see something that resembles a bit of a manananggal gore at the end.

Brings me back to the times i borrow Tagalog horror comics from my aunt who lends them (for business) and i dunno if i ever returned them back lol this was middle grade. horror, gore, weird twists of stories. i think my mom never knew. Pre Stephen King chapter in my life.

this is sooo good, sooo addicting and (insert swear) hilarious!

Derek
Alana and Marko are stranded in the endless forest. There they meet The Stalk, one of the freelance assassins commissioned by Vez. She's an eight eyed, no hands having, eight legged, spider feet having monster. She immobilizes Marko and left with only Alana, but then the Horrors arrive and spook The Stalk. The Horrors turn out to be ghosts of the slain Cleave inhabitants. They want to help out.
Brian Ritchie
Jan 16, 2015 Brian Ritchie rated it really liked it
Its getting there - the momentum is building.

This was a very quick read + I love the letter section at the back of each book. Awesome.

I though The Stalk was cool unti she ran away & self-trolled herself by letting out the key point of the negotiation - Hazel.

The ending - woah the sligh twist. On to the next issue...
Kat
Apr 19, 2015 Kat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Such a wonderfully crafted feast for the senses!! I don't think in my recent graphic novel binge I have come across a complete and accomplished series. I can find no faults, I love the art, I love the characters, I love the writing and I love the story!!! SO MUCH TO LOVE!!!!!!
Suz
Dec 31, 2015 Suz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic, fantasy, scifi
Excellent creep factor! Marko is cliff hangered, though, so I'm going to have to jump right into the next one.

This is why I let serials get far along before I start them, because if I had to wait an entire month after that I'd be upset!
T A M A R A
Dec 28, 2015 T A M A R A rated it really liked it
Everything happens so fast in this book and I have a lot of questions and i'm off to read the next one. The only thing that I dislike in this that it's a bit short, BUT NEVERMIND. I HAVE 30 LITTLE SHORT GRAPIC NOVELS TO ENJOY TODAY.
Karim
Dec 27, 2015 Karim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This story keeps getting better and better. I bought the first chapter wanting to know if it was worth it. Well, let me tell you, I think I'm going to be purchasing all of the chapters released so far. It's that good.
Felicia
May 28, 2015 Felicia rated it really liked it
I definitely enjoyed this volume. For my full review, see my blog post! https://feliciasuelynnreviews.wordpre...
Jason
May 16, 2014 Jason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2014
4 Stars

What a great continuation of chapter one. I love the artwork. I love the action. The characters are developing nicely.
Natasha
I think I'd give Saga a proper go if I found Vaughan created an omnibus? It seems like too much effort as it is, haha.
Jason McKinney
Dec 24, 2014 Jason McKinney rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the first one, but really, what is? The Stalk, though; what can I say other than...Wow...
Damon
May 07, 2015 Damon rated it it was amazing
The story is outright interesting. It's sexy, cool, and crazy and I'm not talking about TLC.
Joe Martin
Jan 03, 2016 Joe Martin rated it it was amazing
Digging the supernatural elements in this twisted romeo and juliet. Good story.
Vanessa
Dec 10, 2015 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Going onto #3 really curious on what happens! leaves you on a cliff hanger!
Paige
Apr 01, 2015 Paige rated it it was amazing
So good!! I can't wait to get the next one I need to see what happens next!
Esbjorn
Jan 31, 2015 Esbjorn rated it it was amazing
Amazing, beautifully illustrated and fantastic dialogue...can't get enough.
  • Rat Queens #3
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. V of X (V for Vendetta, #5)
  • The Walking Dead, Issue #113
  • Alex + Ada #3
  • Sex Criminals #5: Going Down
  • Free Scott Pilgrim
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Saga (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Saga, Volume 6