Mysteries of Space

Mysteries of Space

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Unlock the secrets of the universe with U.S. News & World Report's newest special issue, Mysteries of Space. From UFOs to the search for new planets to the possibilities of space and amazing science of pulsars and solar storms, Mysteries of Space explores the most intriguing cosmic questions of the present and future.

Discover the latest about our universe and how man...more
Published April 2012 by U.S. News & World Report

To ask other readers questions about Mysteries of Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mysteries of Space

Tasha
I received this free from Goodreads' first reads.

"One in five people across the globe believe that aliens exist and are disguised as humans on Earth." This fact floored me. That's a lot.

This book, or special edition magazine, isn't really about aliens. It is a collection of articles about space related topics and a couple of pages about the Higgs boson that seemed a tad out of place.

Overall this book is informative, interesting, and a fun read with some great pictures. If I had seen it on a news...more
Jeanne
I won this book in the Good Reads giveaway. It has many interesting articles and fabulous photographs from NASA. If you are interested in how solar flares will affect electronics, manned missions to Mars, or how your body adapts to zero gravity, you will enjoy this book. Would you volunteer to go on a mission to colonize Mars, knowing you can never return to Earth?
Kate
I really enjoyed this. It was a great mix of articles looking at the history of the US space program, exploration that's happening today and what is currently being planned for the future. Also, the pictures were awesome - I love space pictures.
Sally Hannoush
Mysteries of Space came to me bent and battered, which saddend me. But, the content is full of great photos. I enjoyed the articles and learned a lot of new things. The book was imformative and fun to read (even for the non-science types.)
Mark White
Huffington Post has an article about the chapter on dangerous UFOs: http://huff.to/JbJtiy. But no link to how to buy: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/store/us... OR http://www.amazon.com/dp/1931469520
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Antonio
Antonio marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Igorgarik
Igorgarik marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Ammar
Ammar added it
Apr 24, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2012
Haider
Haider added it
Nov 07, 2012
Dlsmith1
Dlsmith1 marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Saswat Samal
Saswat Samal marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012
Cherie
Cherie marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Abdulellah
Abdulellah marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Ahmed
Ahmed marked it as to-read
May 27, 2012
David Grossman
David Grossman marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Mark Bates
Mark Bates marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 11, 2012
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Shelley
Shelley is currently reading it
May 04, 2012
Rena
Rena marked it as to-read
May 04, 2012
Kathrine
Kathrine marked it as to-read
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Buddy Pittman
Buddy Pittman marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Best Graduate Schools 2012 Mysteries of History: The American Revolution Best Colleges 2014 Triumph Without Victory: The Unreported History of the Persian Gulf War Best Graduate Schools 2015