Start by marking “Cut Loose (Dusty Deals Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Cut Loose (Dusty Deals Mystery #2)

Cut Loose (Dusty Deals Mystery #2)

No one’s perfect.

At least that’s what Lucy Mathews tells herself. Except faced with her boyfriend’s rodeo queen ex-wife and perfectly trained Australian shepherd, she has to wonder if maybe this whole ‘no one’s perfect’ thing was made up by someone like…Lucy.
Lucky for Lucy though, things are hopping around Helena. It’s rodeo season, and she has a booth. It’s a great opport
ebook
Published April 2012 by Lead Dog Books

Patricia
This second entry in the Dusty Deals series is not as good as the first. There is no character growth in the character of Lucy Mathews whatsoever. In fact, her naivete and her internal thought patterns are more like those of a 14-year-old just starting high school than a 29-year-old college-educated ex-journalist. I realize that the author has established a lead character who has, for very good reasons, low self-esteem but that is an entirely different situation from childishness.

And, for a book
Trudie
May 04, 2017 Trudie rated it it was amazing
Easy to read. Characters are interesting and the story flowed. Just a light-hearted read.
♥Jamie
Apr 23, 2013 ♥Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars! Book two in the Dusty Deals mysteries, Cut Loose is a light, easy mystery to pass the time. It has a bit of humor and lovable characters, but the mystery wasn’t hard to solve.

Summary:
Lucy and Kiska are back at it again. This time around, the fair and rodeo are in town, and Lucy is counting on using the high traffic flow as a marketing strategy, to boost sales in her antique shop. Too bad the fair means she has to see more of her maybe-boyfriend, Peter’s, ex-wife. So what if Sheila’s
Eirlys
Feb 24, 2017 Eirlys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucy and Trouble Meet Again

I liked this book because I met Lucy again. Her gorgeous dog is one of the best thing in the book. I would love to read more about him and Lucy having more adventures, even though they seem to attract murders.
Christa Nardi
Oct 14, 2013 Christa Nardi rated it really liked it
Rae Davies’ Cut Loose (Dusty Deals#2) is about ‘antique’ store owner Lucy Matthews trying to make a go of it in Helena. Things should be looking up – she’s dating a detective (Peter) and it’s rodeo time. She even has a booth at the rodeo and great hopes that this will ensure that she can pay the bills. The problem is that the Detective’s trophy ex-wife and her Australian shepherd are also getting ready for the rodeo and seem to be spending a lot of time with Peter. In an effort to avoid running ...more
Cheronica
Sep 05, 2016 Cheronica rated it it was ok
Rosemarie
Jun 23, 2016 Rosemarie rated it really liked it
The second book in the Dusty Deals series was even better than the first. The character development progressed to the point that I felt like I knew the characters. In fact, there were a few times I wanted to slap Lucy (the main character who owns the antique store) up side her head for being an idiot! Yes, that's how real that character is. Her unwillingness to ask for help and her stubbornness with thinking she can do things on her own - even when she is in over her head legally - creates suspe ...more
Lbousson
Jul 19, 2015 Lbousson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery
#2 book in Dusty Deals Mystery Series.

Oh gosh. I don't know where to start with this one. I had read the first book in the series, and while I didn't LOVE that book, I did enjoy the scenery and location, and the book series did have potential. But this book just continues what I already knew about the character: she comes off as boring, and a little too absorbed. And the series feels very cookie-cutter in writing style.

It just didn't appeal to me at all. The best part was that it is a fairly qui
LLona Cunningham
Aug 24, 2014 LLona Cunningham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucy Matthews is a believable protagonist; the kind we can envision as a neighbor or long time friend. Her catalyst is her store, Dusty Deals, which opens opportunity for good stories, not too intense, not at all frivolous, just good interesting reading. In this one she's at odds with her boyfriend's ex, while not even sure of her own status with him. How she holds her own in this situation paired with a rodeo environment and the murder of one of the queen contestants, makes a good 'Cozy' genre ...more
Caitlin Copp
Oct 12, 2013 Caitlin Copp rated it really liked it
Shelves: february2015
Lucy, owner of Dusy Deals antique shop is prepping to sell her wares at the rodeo in Helena, MT. While setting up Lucy stumbles across the dead body of a rodeo queen, Lucy's wallet in hand. Lucy's detective boyfriend is banned from the case and a new detective is brought in, a detective determined to charge Lucy with murder. In order to save herself, her Malamute and her business Lucy dives head first into proving her own innocence.
Kathryn Bain
Mar 01, 2015 Kathryn Bain rated it really liked it
Easy to ready, easy to figure out, but still a good book. The humor (none of which was side splitting) was consistent. Liked the heroine, loved her dog.

I would recommend for anyone that had an afternoon where they wanted something fun to read. I did have the killer figured out, and why, fairly early, but that's okay. Most of these books aren't meant to be Agatha Christie's. Read it just for enjoyment.

Light cursing, no sexual content, for those who are opposed.
Misterg
Jun 03, 2014 Misterg rated it really liked it
What a change from Gormenghast! A short, light read. I know I read the first in the series, but I realised early on that I could remember much more than the dog :)
Still, that didn't stop this being enjoyable with a typical "happy ever after" ending. Not high literature, but I doubt it was ever supposed to be :)
Peg
Feb 02, 2015 Peg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: davies-rae
As much as I love Cozy mysteries

I just couldn't seem to enjoy this one as much as the first book. I can't justify spending $3.99 on the next book and$4.99 on the 4th book in this series.
Tammy
Apr 13, 2013 Tammy rated it really liked it
This was a good story.I didn't love it as much as the first book, but it was still good. The main character was a little silly and seemed dumber than in the first book. I did like the mystery though. That part was very well written.
Jeanne O'donnell
It's ok

this one wasn't funny, complex, thrilling, or fast paced. the characters were cliche and there was no spark in any romance. for a simple read its ok. have read worse and I did finish it ( although I may have jumped ahead a bit)
Vykki
May 30, 2014 Vykki rated it liked it
Shelves: good-read
This was a good book with a lot of twist and turns I even learn things about the rodeo. This is a great book for anyone who likes a light cozy mysteries.
Heather
Jun 13, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Just plain fun.
Wende
Sep 08, 2012 Wende rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, f-m
I good lazy day book to read. It was funny and a book that can be read in a day
Kelleen
Jun 16, 2012 Kelleen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it. easy refreshing read.
Marilyn
May 29, 2014 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Good

the way this mystery has provided the settings for fairs and rodeos.the animals are sheep and dogs than horses.rodeo queens.
Shelly Adams
Jan 03, 2017 Shelly Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy this series.
Kim Ulrich
Feb 06, 2015 Kim Ulrich rated it really liked it
Really cute book. Nice story line and keeps you guessing.
Mjoyceb
Jul 02, 2012 Mjoyceb rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
A really quick read. I really enjoyed this one and cannot aait for the next.
Kay
Jun 16, 2013 Kay rated it it was ok
Rodeo queen is murdered.
Daniell
Jun 07, 2013 Daniell rated it liked it
A great fun read. I needed something light and entertaining and this book hit the spot. A light murder mystery with some romantic over tones.
Beverly Mccollum
Dec 20, 2016 Beverly Mccollum rated it liked it
Fun, easy read. This is the second in a trilogy. The characters are often quirky and the Montana setting is great. A nice way to spend a few hours. I'd recommend it.
Wendi
Aug 28, 2014 Wendi rated it really liked it
Something exciting is always happening at Dusty Deals. These books are great fun to read.
Caroline Gabel
Jun 13, 2012 Caroline Gabel rated it really liked it
i enjoyed both of these books and am waiting hopefully for the next.
Brandy Dugger
Jun 20, 2012 Brandy Dugger rated it really liked it
A nice quick read. I can't wait for the next one.
Kenesha Williams
Aug 03, 2012 Kenesha Williams rated it really liked it
I like this series.
  • Dying Words (A Ghostwriter Mystery #4)
  • The Death of Amelia Marsh (A Sally Nimitz Mystery, #1)
  • Patient One (Dr. David Ballineau and Carolyn Ross #1)
  • Fires of Autumn (American Heroes, #12)
  • Playing Doctor (Bandit Creek, #26)
  • Murder & Moonflowers (The Herbalist #1)
  • A Christmas Arrangement (The Flower Shop Mystery #3)
  • Nefarious Doings (Nell Forrest Mystery, #1)
  • Pretty, Hip, & Dead (Agnes Barton/Kimberly Steele Mystery #1)
  • Murder at the Azalea Festival (Magnolia Mysteries, #3)
  • Another Stab at Life (The Volstead Manor #1)
  • Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)
  • Cliffhanger (The Belinda & Bennett Mysteries, #1)
  • A Cup of Cozy
  • Mayhem in Christmas River (Christmas River #2)
  • Death Tidies Up (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Unmentionable (Sweet Nothings, #1)
  • Death By Bourbon (Josiah Reynolds Mystery, #4)
Rae Davies is the pen name of goodreads author Lori Devoti.

Lori Devoti worked for three different newspapers in two different states before deciding to stay home with her children and begin writing fiction. Lori has been a finalist for many awards including the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award and is a member of Novelists Inc., a prestigious group for professional writers. She lives near Madi
More about Rae Davies...

Dusty Deals Mystery (5 books)
  • Loose Screw (Dusty Deals Mystery #1)
  • Loosey Goosey (Dusty Deals Mystery #3)
  • Let Loose: Dusty Deals Mystery Series: Book 4