Start by marking “Dark Seduction” as Want to Read:
Dark Seduction

Dark Seduction

Coerced into accepting a bet to pay off his debt, Zen Barker is catapulted into the middle of an ancient feud, the perpetrators of which are hell-bent on revenge. But there are serious strings attached to the wager, and he soon finds himself in a nightmarish alternate reality where monsters reside. Now if he fails to win the bet, he risks not only losing his life, but ...more
Published April 14th 2012 by Deshca Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Seduction

Opal
Jul 10, 2012 Opal rated it really liked it
Actually a 3.5 rating.

This novella was a little discombobulating at first as it jumped from Zen to Verity’s points of views. It gained more cohesiveness towards the end though as the two joined forces to end Melantha’s vendetta against the gadje, those who wronged her gypsy tribe.

Nonetheless, the character development was still good. Zen was an inveterate gambler who got in too deep and made a desperate gamble to get out of debt. He learns the price is too high in the end. Verity was an estrange
Jud (Disney Diva)
Apr 16, 2012 Jud (Disney Diva) rated it really liked it
What would you do if Hell came to you? Zen is the one unlucky guy who gets to find out.

I felt this story started a bit slow but really picked up the pace and ended fantastically. I would love to read more about the shadowland and what goes on in there. Despite the slow beginning I really cared for the characters and wanted them to pull through even the ones who only appeared in the story briefly, excluding the badies of course I just wanted to see them go down! I loved the whole concept of the
Lorraine Versini
Apr 16, 2012 Lorraine Versini rated it it was amazing
Once again Shaun delivers a great story, full of action suspense and twists. I'm not really a lover of monsters, but I totally love an evil woman, and Melantha's character totally fulfilled my expectations in this respect, with her thirst for revenge and destruction.

The fast pace kept me interested, and so did the will-he-won't-he... There's never knowing how Shaun's stories are going to end...
It's not my favourite story, but it's still a great read, which will no doubt please the fans of magic,
Neil
Jun 08, 2012 Neil rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, kindle
This story starts in a betting shop and finishes in the mysterious Shadowland. Zen, who is down on his luck, ends up in debit to the albino man. To clear this debt he has to kill somebody in the village of Trinity. It's in this village that he meets up with Verity, who is also looking for the same person.

Shaun has again done his research. The Roma retribution thread was really facinating and had me rooting for Melantha. What a stong character, just wish I had her power of Glamour ;)

I'd certainly
Emma (Queen of the weirdo's)
Apr 26, 2012 Emma (Queen of the weirdo's) rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. From the very beginning I was sucked in to it and really enjoyed all the twists and turns the book had to offer. It was a gripping read that I found very hard to put down. I had to know the fate of Zen, Leo and Verity. I really want to read more about some of the characters we met in Shadowland so hope that Shaun has more to come from them.
Patti (baconater)
Apr 16, 2012 Patti (baconater) rated it it was amazing
The opening scenes pulled me in. I needed to know what would happen with these characters. As the story built, I became even more immersed.
As a lover of dark fantasy, this book met all of my expectations. Original and thought provoking.
Estelore
Jan 07, 2013 Estelore rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody
Recommended to Estelore by: nobody
If you came to this title looking for a romance novel, think again; this was graphic horror with no elements I would consider romantic. The pacing was off, the content was racially exploitative, and the entirety of it was highly unsatisfying. I forced myself to read it to the end, hoping something would redeem it somehow; I oughtn't have bothered.

Author, if you read this, please understand that I don't mean this as an affront to your person. I think if you had adjusted the topic to -not- be so
Melissa Marsh
Apr 10, 2013 Melissa Marsh rated it liked it
Dark Seduction review

This was a gritty, gripping tale that kept me picking it back up, despite the annoyances it gave me. Some of the wording and visual phrases were either confusing or more than a little off putting. Jumping back and forth from one character to the other was a bit staggering, and would have worked if their actions were more interwoven, but the plot was intriguing, and kept me coming back after setting it down, wanting to know the fate of the two heroes.
The details and descripti
Kath Middleton
Apr 16, 2012 Kath Middleton rated it really liked it
This is a dark tale of ancient revenge. Zen who has defaulted on a debt, seems to be offered a way out but there are serious strings attached. We find that he is able to cross into another reality, a horrific reality, and he finds out about his origins and the identity of his real mother.

There is some good writing here; you can feel the evil in this dark world and the helplessness of those who fall under the Glamour, the Dark Seduction of Melantha. There is good character development too. We ha
Birgit
Birgit rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Pat (Scorpio)
Pat (Scorpio) rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Sandra Smith
Sandra Smith rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
Shea
Shea rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Joo
Joo rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Sheila Rodden
Sheila Rodden rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2012
Joni Graves
Joni Graves rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2015
Jess Krugler
Jess Krugler rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2012
Regina Harrell
Regina Harrell rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Jerrell Green
Jerrell Green rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2016
Patrick J Dalton
Patrick J Dalton rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Travis
Travis rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Lisa Scott
Lisa Scott marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2012
Jan
Jan added it
Apr 17, 2012
Sarah added it
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Sangria
Sangria marked it as to-read
Jovita Salinas
Jovita Salinas marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Shaun
Apr 26, 2012 Shaun added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
Valorie
Valorie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2012
Jude
Jude marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Amy
Amy added it
May 20, 2012
Brian Deegan
Brian Deegan marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012
Adelheid
Adelheid marked it as to-read
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Arlena
Arlena marked it as to-read
Jeremy Kaufman
Jeremy Kaufman marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
Sylver
Sylver added it
Jun 06, 2012
Shaun Jeffrey was brought up in a house in a cemetery, so it was only natural for his prose to stray towards the dark side when he started writing. He has had five novels published, The Kult, Killers, Evilution, Fangtooth and Deadfall, and one collection of short stories, Voyeurs of Death. He has also had over 40 short stories published in places such as Dark Discoveries and Cemetery Dance. His ...more
More about Shaun Jeffrey...