Start by marking “In the Territory of Lies” as Want to Read:
In the Territory of Lies

In the Territory of Lies

"In the Territory of Lies" is the story of two women who discover their family ties when they meet through an online genealogy site.

Linda needs money -- desperately. Shea wants to break a family curse and save her daughter's life. Rumors of a sacred manuscript that was once at the heart of a family squabble send Linda to the internet in search of the long-vanished documen
Published March 2012 by Mad Catter Publishing

To ask other readers questions about In the Territory of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Territory of Lies

Caroline Pointer
Apr 28, 2012 Caroline Pointer rated it it was amazing
I dare you to read the first sentence of Chapter 1 in the book In the Territory of Lies by authors Lois Stickell and Peg Robarchek and not buy the book.

Stickell and Robarchek got me on the hook with the first line, reeled me in with the first chapter, and before I even knew what happened, I was a dusty fish story by the end of their book. Seriously.

In the Territory of Lies, two women are ultimately brought together by genealogy, family history, and the internet. And, oh yeah. A family mystery to
Katherine
Apr 15, 2012 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I am friends with Peg Robarchek, one of the authors and part of what was amazing is that she wrote it --
but it was a thoroughly engaging story, told mostly in emails, of family and ghosts and mental illness ... entirely worth reading.
Ginger Smith
Apr 30, 2012 Ginger Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, genealogy
I was hooked by the first chapter! I thoroughly loved the two main characters, Shea and Linda. Even though they were from different backgrounds and lived totally opposite lifestyles, and had different motivations it seemed that carried on throughout the entire book, they were able to come to an agreement in the end and focus on what inevitably matters most in life: family.

Although I am not too keen on the idea of curses, the authors really did a good job of leaving the reader wondering what rea
Janet Eshenroder
Nov 12, 2013 Janet Eshenroder rated it did not like it
I did not complete this book. I'm quite sure I will never complete this book (though that goes against my nature). I just finished a book that was a painful read (just because I felt obligated to finish).

Perhaps if I'd read this story at some other time I would not be so impatient. I might find the book charming. At this point, I don't. This book is not grabbing me. Neither the writing style of "letters and emails back and forth," nor the characters lying to each other work for me, which comes
Angie
Nov 10, 2012 Angie rated it liked it
Just when it was developing beyond the surface storyline, it ended. I have a dozen or so unresolved questions. The underlying plot in Ireland was more interesting to me than the main storyline of present day. I wish the book had been about the Skellig Michael story from beginning to end.
Debbie
May 15, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it

One of those books you can't put down once you start, even though you really should be doing other things. Slightly creepy, but in a good way.
Beth Sowell
Beth Sowell rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2012
Chuck
Chuck rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Lisha Denis
Lisha Denis rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
May 03, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Brent
Brent rated it it was ok
May 21, 2012
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2012
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Martha Northen
Martha Northen marked it as to-read
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
May 09, 2012
Jana Kaplan
Jana Kaplan marked it as to-read
May 10, 2012
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Flanlgirl
Flanlgirl marked it as to-read
May 17, 2012
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Paola Turner
Paola Turner marked it as to-read
Roxanne Osborne
Roxanne Osborne marked it as to-read
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 26, 2012
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2012
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2012
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris added it
Susan Dehn Matthews
Susan Dehn Matthews marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
♥ Sandi
♥ Sandi marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Amanda Kruckenberg
Amanda Kruckenberg marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
MsNoseinaBook
MsNoseinaBook marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Writers and Readers : In the Territory of Lies 1 5 Jan 02, 2013 06:27AM
Chaos Reading: In The Territory of Lies - Shameless Self-Promotion 5 22 May 20, 2012 03:29AM