Start by marking “In the Territory of Lies” as Want to Read:
In the Territory of Lies

In the Territory of Lies

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"In the Territory of Lies" is the story of two women who discover their family ties when they meet through an online genealogy site.

Linda needs money -- desperately. Shea wants to break a family curse and save her daughter's life. Rumors of a sacred manuscript that was once at the heart of a family squabble send Linda to the internet in search of the long-vanished documen
Published March 2012 by Mad Catter Publishing

To ask other readers questions about In the Territory of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Territory of Lies

Caroline Pointer
I dare you to read the first sentence of Chapter 1 in the book In the Territory of Lies by authors Lois Stickell and Peg Robarchek and not buy the book.

Stickell and Robarchek got me on the hook with the first line, reeled me in with the first chapter, and before I even knew what happened, I was a dusty fish story by the end of their book. Seriously.

In the Territory of Lies, two women are ultimately brought together by genealogy, family history, and the internet. And, oh yeah. A family mystery to
Katherine
Full disclosure: I am friends with Peg Robarchek, one of the authors and part of what was amazing is that she wrote it --
but it was a thoroughly engaging story, told mostly in emails, of family and ghosts and mental illness ... entirely worth reading.
Ginger Smith
I was hooked by the first chapter! I thoroughly loved the two main characters, Shea and Linda. Even though they were from different backgrounds and lived totally opposite lifestyles, and had different motivations it seemed that carried on throughout the entire book, they were able to come to an agreement in the end and focus on what inevitably matters most in life: family.

Although I am not too keen on the idea of curses, the authors really did a good job of leaving the reader wondering what rea
Janet Eshenroder
I did not complete this book. I'm quite sure I will never complete this book (though that goes against my nature). I just finished a book that was a painful read (just because I felt obligated to finish).

Perhaps if I'd read this story at some other time I would not be so impatient. I might find the book charming. At this point, I don't. This book is not grabbing me. Neither the writing style of "letters and emails back and forth," nor the characters lying to each other work for me, which comes
Angie
Just when it was developing beyond the surface storyline, it ended. I have a dozen or so unresolved questions. The underlying plot in Ireland was more interesting to me than the main storyline of present day. I wish the book had been about the Skellig Michael story from beginning to end.
Debbie

One of those books you can't put down once you start, even though you really should be doing other things. Slightly creepy, but in a good way.
Vernon Johnson
Vernon Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Dale Ibitz
Dale Ibitz marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Karen Bauer
Karen Bauer marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Kristianne
Kristianne marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Amanda Kruckenberg
Amanda Kruckenberg marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
♥ Sandi
♥ Sandi marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2012
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2012
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Writers and Readers : In the Territory of Lies 1 5 Jan 02, 2013 06:27AM
Chaos Reading: In The Territory of Lies - Shameless Self-Promotion 7 22 May 20, 2012 03:29AM
Making the Most of Your Library Career In the Territory of Lies