Start by marking “Summer (Lakebridge #2)” as Want to Read:
Summer (Lakebridge #2)

Summer (Lakebridge #2)

In the aftermath of a tragic spring day, the people of Stansbury, Vermont, are unable to forget what happened, as they have all the tragedies of their past. After the media exploited their pain, they have become uneasy with the world beyond their town and with any outsiders. In the aftermath of the media deluge, latecomers straggle into Stansbury looking to pick up the scr ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 232 pages
Published April 2nd 2012 by Red Frog Publishing (first published March 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer

Jessica
Jul 16, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, review-copy, signed, fave
Lakebridge Summer the sequel to Lakebridge Spring continues on the story of Stansbury Vermont and it’s residents. I loved Spring and Summer even more so.

It makes me think of Shrek. No not in the green ogre kind of way but in the way that Shrek described himself. Like an onion with layers. Spring was the foundation setting up the story and characters. With Summer Natasha builds more on that foundation while peeling back those layers. The character development is so strong Natasha lays them out al
Red Haircrow
May 29, 2012 Red Haircrow rated it really liked it
“Though continuing in the theme, the setting and reintroduction of some of the same characters in the previous book, “Lakebridge: Summer” took me a couple of attempts to get into, but once it hooked me it didn’t let go. The observations within the narrative given from different character perspectives were a key component of the story’s build of tension and direction, and increased both the subtlety and complexity of this new entry in the Lakebridge cycle.

Dark and filled with supernatural entitie
Abigail
Apr 15, 2012 Abigail rated it it was amazing
I have sat on this book review since early summer. Why? I have no idea, well perhaps that statement is not entirely true. The reasons why are many, mainly because I was so taken back by the amazing tale of horror and hope and festiveness wrapped in a dripping red bow. I did not think she could blow me away more after Spring, but she did and in a roar of heat and flames from above and below in came Summer.

This second in this series, wait this cycle because this is much more than just a 2nd book,
Becca Smith
May 26, 2012 Becca Smith rated it it was amazing
Summer is the second book in the Lakebridge cycle and I have to say it's even better than the first! (And I thought the first book was AMAZING!) Ms. Troop is delving more into the supernatural for Summer and it's completely riveting. There are new characters to experience while feely comfy with the old characters that are still living in Stansbury despite the tragedies left from Spring. There are gods, monsters and killers all fighting each other, which makes it extra terrifying for the "normal ...more
Juli Myers
Jul 09, 2012 Juli Myers rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly fun and addictive read. This is the author's second published work, and you can tell that she has her groove on here and is much more comfortable with her characters and the creative process. By the end of the story, I was sorry I had started the book - because that meant I would have to finish it, and I didn't want to!
Rhiannon Frater
Apr 27, 2015 Rhiannon Frater rated it really liked it
A much stronger entry than the first book. I enjoyed it.
Elisa
Nov 02, 2012 Elisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-rule-tour
Wow, this book picks up a couple of months after Lakebridge: Spring ends, after the big s***storm of destruction. The town has since weathered journalists who have crawled out of the woodwork to cash in on the strange events of this Vermont town. Gil's special power of being a Shleprock (remember him from the Flintstones? Bad luck followed him everywhere too) has been unearthed, publicized and people are fascinated. He won't leave the house though, and the townsfolk are ready to run any new come ...more
Bending The Bookshelf
Nov 12, 2012 Bending The Bookshelf rated it really liked it
With the second book in the Cycle, Lakebridge: Summer, Natasha continues precisely where she left us. As we enjoy our second tour of Stansbury, we really get a sense of what a clever tale she has woven. All of the elements were there in the first book, but the significance of many lay hidden, waiting for their turn to be exposed. If you thought the roots history and mythology were deep in this the town, you may just be surprised at how twisted and interwoven they truly are.

When I read Spring, my
Ionia
Feb 05, 2013 Ionia rated it really liked it
I read the first book in the Lakebridge series and really enjoyed it, so I was naturally excited when the opportunity to read the second book arose. Once again, Natasha Troop has proven that it is possible to write a very literary novel with enough horror elements to be frightening. I thought this book was very good and was a nice addition to the series.

The characters, as in the first book are more than just one dimensional beings. You get a real feel for who they are and why they think, feel an
WTF Are You Reading?
The town is still there. Most of the people are not and everyone is in an uproar because the secrets of the town and it's people have become public fodder. Readers get to watch as the people and ghosts of the the beloved town try to cope.

There are some new additions to the cast of characters, the demon is still there and so is the bridge. The thing that makes this read special is the fact that the people of the town are no longer walking around with blinders on in relation to the evil the both
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
Lakebridge Summer is the second book in this series. Again, like the first book the author has shown us everyone's prospective in the book. I really love that about this author's writing style. Lakebridge Summer is very well written and the characters very well developed and thought out.

To Read More of my Review: Click Here
Megan
Feb 08, 2013 Megan rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but not as much as Lakebridge: Spring. I'm still looking forward to the next in the series and hoping that it is as enjoyable as the first one.
Natasha Troop
Apr 15, 2012 Natasha Troop rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Diana Williams
Diana Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Marni
Marni rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Susan Marr
Susan Marr rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Tracy Jones
Tracy Jones rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Lavinia Amelie
Lavinia Amelie rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
Madalyn Koval
Madalyn Koval rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Temeaka Johnson
Temeaka Johnson rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Coral
Coral rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Robert C.
Robert C. rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
Brenda Dyer
Brenda Dyer marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Katy
Katy added it
Jun 16, 2012
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2012
Chryse Wymer
Chryse Wymer marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Tam Linsey
Tam Linsey marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Ben Ditmars
Ben Ditmars marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Rachel Diane
Rachel Diane marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Cris Bergin
Cris Bergin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2013
Amber
Amber added it
Apr 05, 2013
Mary Nell
Mary Nell marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Shannon Stevenson
Shannon Stevenson marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Leti
Leti marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Natasha Moorfield
Natasha Moorfield marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Chantelle Smith
Chantelle Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Natasha grew up in Southern California currently lives in the Los Angeles area with her spouse, son, daughter and menagerie of pets.
More about Natasha Troop...

Lakebridge (2 books)