Start by marking “One Man Rush” as Want to Read:
One Man Rush

One Man Rush (Double Overtime #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  22 reviews

Matchmaking Case File #114
Requested Match: Kyle Murphy, pro hockey player. (This guy can score.)
Challenge: Not looking for anything serious (yet).
Notes: Ridiculously attractive, sexy, irresistible...and I want him for myself!

Matchmaker Marissa Collins is looking for a man. A hot, successful man. But the man she's considering—hockey player Kyle Murphy—is for a prospective c
Published April 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Man Rush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Man Rush

LaFleurBleue
Rather short book with two romances in parallel. That does not give much space for strong development. The answer to that is a story with a shortened timeline - I guess no more than 3 weeks take place between beginning and end.
I liked the characters, especially the lead couples who seemed very down-to-earth. I would have liked seeing more of them, interacting with their family especially. Both first and secondary stories would have been worth of a full-length story. But the story rather worked
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Mar 26, 2012 A Tasty Read Book Reviews rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Sports Romance, Fans of See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson
Shelves: acr, gifted-by-author
For fans of Rachel Gibson's Seattle Chinook's Hockey Series, you will LOVE One Man Rush by Joanne Rock. Kyle and Marissa reminded me a lot of Luc and Jane, who are my favorite Hero and Heroine of the series.

Marissa Collins needs to get her matchmaking business off the ground, if she wants to keep the home that might help with her mother's rehabilitation after an accident that caused her serious brain damage. She needs to make a match between Kyle Murphy, the best shot on the Philadelphia Phantom
Carol Storm
Fun, light contemporary about a professional matchmaker who meets her match -- a professional hockey player!

Joanne Rock has a special talent for creating gentle, vulnerable heroines. I really warmed to Marissa right away, like she was an old friend. I admired how much she cared about her ailing mother -- and even more how she was ready to step out from behind her mother's shadow at the end.

I loved Kyle too, though as a non-sports person who finds hockey boring I really couldn't get too excited
Joanne Rock
May 01, 2012 Joanne Rock added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: joanne-s-blazes
I can't rate it since I wrote it, but I can tell you what I liked about it. Love writing sports heroes because I feel like I understand the mentality. Also enjoy writing the world that they move through. If you liked this one, the follow up is HER MAN ADVANTAGE. Both books are part of the longer "Murphy Men" series which includes MAKING A SPLASH, RIDING THE STORM and FULL SURRNDER (that last one will be out in September 2012).
Kate
Plot A -- Heroine is a professional matchmaker. Her mother is an old pop star recovering from brain damage from car accident. She was hired by arena owner to set up his daughter with hockey player. Heroine falls for player instead.

Subplot B -- Client wasn't interested in hockey player, had just told dad to get him off her back. She falls for millionaire techie she meets in parking lot.
Julie Barrett
One Man Rush by Joanne Rock
This Murphy family saga is about Kyle.
Marissa Collins runs her own matchmaking service and she runs into single eligible bachelors all the time, she's always in the market but has her eyes on one certain man.
Kyle Murphy is a hockey superstar and single.
After he's learned who her mother is and that above all else she is taking care of all her needs he gives her a choice that will alleviate her problems and help out his new problem at the same time.
Hot steamy sex and ver
Paula Robinson
I just finished reading this book. You guys really need to check it out.I loved how Kyle and Marissa developed as the story progressed. They were the perfect foil for each, which is quite evident in the final scene of the book. Both are dedicated to family, working hard to achieve success while being somewhat vulnerable. I loved watching how each new discovery about themselves and each other unveiled their true personalities. There were many "aaah" moments for me. It was just what I needed after ...more
Lindsay
Just ok. There were actually 2 romances in this book. Unfortunately, I was much more interested in the secondary one between Stacey and Isaac than I was in the primary one between Kyle and Marissa. Kyle and Marissa's relationship felt superficial. When they did talk about feelings the discussion itself seemed unemotional. It was like they weren't revealing their deep dark selves. In any other book I might have labeled it an unreliable narrator because it seemed like they were lying to each other ...more
Christina
I liked the story, I liked the characters...my only gripe is that their romance is only covered in 3 days! Then they spend a week apart...all in all, this story takes place in less than a month. If they could have had a little more time to truly fall in love with each other, I would have been happy. I also don't think there was a real reason for them not to be together so the "reasons" seem a little forced for me. Otherwise, it's a decent, quick read.
Betty
This was my first Joanne Rock book and I was very pleased. Marissa Collins is a matchmaker. She is on assignment for one of her clients and she meets Kyle Murphy a pro hockey player. The sparks fly from the first look. There are difficulties that each of them have to work out and of course, there are supporting characters with issues as well. The sexual tension keep the book moving at a good clip and the reader anxious for more. All in all a good read!
Sheryl
What can i say? I'm a SUCKER for romance novels that feature hockey players.. all that alpha yumminess... i LOVE the way they throw their sticks and gloves down and are ready to FIGHT! This was very hot and i can't wait for the next story in this series which i believe will feature Axel; Kyle's foster Russian brother who also happens to be a hockey player!! Oh yeah!!
Natālija
I closed this book with a smile on my face. Despite the fact that it's a short read, it was well plotted, had a great leading couple & the best secondary romance line I have read in a long time. Brava to Ms. Rock! If you are looking for a great sports romance with goodhearted characters, I highly recommend that you read this book.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4stars; B+
Narrator: Madison Vaughn

This was a sweet sports romance that was easy to listen to. The main characters were nice people and, although there was no big drama or mystery, it was nice to see them get their HEA.
Sassafrass
very cute. I enjoyed this immensely. I didn't care for the narrator's interpretation of the male character's voices but thankfully, the story overpowered that annoyance.
Rachael Ruddick
Great read about a Hockey player, looking forward to reading about his team mates.
Lara Lacombe
I enjoyed this one--hockey is my favorite sport, and this was a fun book!
Susan Scheelk
Loved it! Great love story...Kyle and Marissa are a great pair.
Suze
Fun, enjoyable read. Liked the characters. Liked the story.
Jillie Anne
really was a fun book. Well written...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Double Overtime
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Mindin
Mindin added it
Nov 28, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Coming Up For Air
  • The Guy Most Likely To...: Underneath It All\Can't Get You Out of My Head\A Moment Like This
  • Face-Off
  • Not Just Friends
  • Born Ready
  • Time Out
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Hotshot: Hotshot\Going For It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Body Check
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • The Phoenix
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Model Marine
Three-time RITA nominee Joanne Rock turned a passion for writing into a career when imaginary characters kept her awake at night, demanding she tell their stories. The author of over sixty romances in a variety of subgenres, she enjoys writing contemporary romance as well as medieval historicals in addition to her Young Adult stories as J.K. Rock co-authored with her sister-in-law, Karen. A former ...more
More about Joanne Rock...
Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2) Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3) (Harlequin Blaze #457) Highly Charged! (Uniformly Hot!, #16) Double Play (Harlequin Blaze, #560) Making a Splash