Krevní banka (Krevní pouta, #6)

Krevní banka (Vicki Nelson #6)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  814 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Originally collected in one volume as half of the omnibus edition of The Blood Books: Volume Three, all of Tanya Huff's short stories featuring homicide cop turned P.I. Vicki Nelson, her partner Mike Celluci, and vampire Henry Fitzroy are now being released in a separate edition to tie-in with the Lifetime television series, Blood Ties. New for this edition are comments an...more
Published 2011 by Brokilon (first published May 6th 2008)

Chris
I first read Huff' "Blood Noun" series during senior week after I graduated high school. A friend brought the first two novels, and within a week, everyone in the house had read them. So, I was very happy to see a collection of Vicki/Henry short stories (even if they have appeared elsewhere).

The collection is good, and includes the screenplay for "The Stone Cold" episode of Blood Ties. The screenplay is almost like having another Vicki/Henry/Mike story, which is nice as Huff says she does not p...more
Carolyn
Read all the short stories, skipped the screen play in the second half of the book (just not my thing.) Looking forward to trying to catch the series on DVD though!

Relatively quick & easy reads. I originally thought that these would be random stories written throughout the chronology of all the "Blood" books, but was pleasantly surprised to find that they only explored Vicki's life and adventures after being 'made' and Henry's distant past and coping with being alone again.

Would love to see...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
This review is difficult for me. Blood Bank is a collection of short stories by Tanya Huff that involve the characters and world of the Victory Nelson series. The problem I have in reviewing it is I, frankly, don't like short stories. As soon as I realised what it was, I admit I was disappointed. I like epic series with huge meta-plot and endlessly developing themes and stories and plotting. Little vignettes of people's lives just generally don't do it for me. So, I'm going to try and work past...more
Stephanie
A collection of the Vicki Nelson/Henry Fitzroy/Mike Celluci stories, most of which I had read elsewhere, but there was one new one in this series and one I don't remember reading before.
Ea
It's a bummer that there will be no more ... these were interesting characters and fun stories.
Heather Dalgarno
The collection of short stories was my least favourite of all the Huff books, which is not to say that they are bad, just that they're not really the standard I've come to expect from Huff.

Also, I had really hoped that some of these stories would detail the 'lost year' that Vicki and Henry spent together as he taught her how to be a vampire. Sadly, while there are some stories that are set between 'Pact' and 'Debt' none of them have any details from that period.

The stories in here are a mixed ba...more
Lori Whitwam
I always LOVED Huff's "Blood Noun" series, the tale of Vicki Nelson, Mike (the cop, her former partner) and Henry (the vampire who was the bastard son of Henry VIII). I was sad when she decided to conclude the series. Vicki, forced from the police force due to a degenerative eye disease, becomes a private detective, and after meeting Henry begins to investigate supernatural cases. Her conflict, her attraction to Henry, her loyalty to him, and the similar feelings for Mike, run throughout the boo...more
Myridian
Jul 12, 2010 Myridian rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the original blood series
This book contains a follow-up series of short stories about Vicki Nelson, Henry Fitzroy and Mike Celluci and very much follow the same vein as the original blood series.

I liked returning to the familiarity of the characters, and I doubt I would have enjoyed these stories in the same way if I wasn't already a fan of the characters.

One complaint that can be levied agains the original series was a lack of depth. While that never bothered me in the novels, the collection of short stories highligh...more
Kerris
Z tech povidek za neco stala jen jedna :/ Kdyz uz autorka chtela napsat na zaver povidky k serii, tak mohly byt jednotlive delsi, nez necelych 30stran... -.-
E.
A collection of short stories that give glimpses into the lives of many of the characters from the "Blood" series. Time perspective shifts from Vicki in her post-transformation life to Henry in his distant past and touches briefly on the changes that Mike Celluci has had to make in his life in order to accommodate the new and improved Vicki Nelson. There is an eerie look at the "bugs" that inhabit the Toronto subway and an analysis of the author's involvement with the shooting script for one of...more
Matt
A nice collection of short additions to the tales of Vicki Nelson (6 stories) and Henry Fitzroy (3 stories).

The re-telling of "A Christmas Carol" is the only less than excellent item in the collection - lacking enough framing story to look like anything more than a gimmick.

The last 100 pages or so are given over to blog entries about Tanya's experience of writing an episode for the TV show based on the books and the complete shooting script of that episode. This provides some interesting insight...more
Alida Saxon
Enjoyed the original series of Vicki Nelson "Blood..." books years ago, so it was fun to get these collected short stories. One I'd read elsewhere, but it'd been long enough I forgot some details. Some very fun stories, a couple silly ones, and overall it just mad me sad there isn't going to be any more Vicki Nelson books. I think I'll have to do a reread to get my dose. The market is saturated with Vampire tales, but these are some of the good ones. Just don't read these short stories before yo...more
Kathy
Victoria and Henry... a collection of short stories featuring both of them... Victoria after her conversion, and developing her relationship with Celluci, and her sadness at his mortality... and Henry, going back to his past - including a more in depth look at the time following one of his mortal love's death at the hands of the Inquisition, and the retribution that followed as he killed all he felt were responsible - almost giving into the true evil bloodlust of a vampire, until he met a loving...more
Craig
This volume, previously available only as part of an omnibus edition with the fifth novel in the series, collects all of the Vicki Nelson stories and adds the script of the episode of the television series that Huff wrote. Her account of the script writing process is fascinating, and it's interesting to compare it to the finished episode. Among the nine stories are two very good ones, "So This Is Chhristmas" and "The Vengeful Spirit of Lake Nepeakea." It's a good companion-to-the-novels book.
Yui
The first story was the best of the lot. Should have saved it for the last because all that follows just failed to compare. I liked the story with Mike and Vicki the best and skimmed a little on Henry's. Henry is a great character but he is at his greatest with Vicki and or Mike and I just didn't really cared much about his past though I managed to go on with very little skimming. No, I didn't get what I was looking for in this collection but it lessen the discontent.
Donna
I was so glad to see this compilation of stories that have appeared in various publications. I sometimes dislike having to purchase a book just to be able to read one tale about an ongoing character (I'm looking at you, Harry Dresden) On the other hand, sometimes I find new authors/story lines that I will want to pursue. I do like short stories that I can finish in one reading. These were all pretty good and I do hope Henry finds a Robin for his Batman.
Angel Martinez
For fans of the Vicki/Henry/Mike triad, this is a must read. The sheer variety of tales here makes it even more fun, with some rather funny stories (the Christmas one had me rolling - especially Tony as the ghost of Jacob Marley, dragging a chain of classic lunch boxes - too hilarious)

The TV episode was interesting in an 'oh, so that's how that looks' way, but I can't say I enjoyed it as much as the regular prose short stories.

Minh
Oh Vicki Nelson, words cannot describe how much I adored your character. You were strong, gusty and flawed. Had 2 guys chasing after you and after all these years still marvel at how it all ended.

It's fun to jump back into this world, I was surprised how easily it all came back to me almost as though I'd just read the last book yesterday. My favourites are always the Henry ones, but the weakest was easily the Xmas one at the end.
Ward Bond
Product Description

Originally collected in one volume as half of the omnibus edition of The Blood Books: Volume Three, all of Tanya Huff’s short stories featuring homicide cop turned P.I. Vicki Nelson, her partner Mike Celluci, and vampire Henry Fitzroy are now being released in a separate edition to tie-in with the Lifetime television series, Blood Ties.

Victoria
I finally got around to reading the collected Vicki Nelson short stories! Well worth the read, but as usual, I'm much more a fan of the novels. The stories dragged a bit until I got to the two that focused on Henry - I hadn't realized how much he drove my interest in the series. The one about giant, intelligent bugs in the Toronto subway was fun, but the Christmas Carol rewrite was a fail, IMHO.
Deb
This was a collection of short stories that took place after the first five "Blood" books. There was also a "blog" about Tanya Huff's experiece in writing the screen play for the episode of "Stone Cold" which was interesting to see how writing an episode for TV is so different than writing a book. It was great to be able to spend a little more time with these characters :D
Debbie Heaton
In Huff’s fantasy novel, all eight of her incredible short stories about Henry and Vicki have been brought together as one giving Huff a permanent place of honor among fans of vampire lore. It is a gruesome romp through horror, the occult and mystery. The author takes the whole idea seriously enough that it succeeds while peppering it with delightful humor.

Jessica
I really enjoyed this collection of short stories and I especially enjoyed the ending of the book where Tanya discusses writing for TV as opposed to being a novelist.

I especially loved the story about Henry and Generva. This was a story from an earlier blood book that was just glosed over but it was expanded here which I loved. A great read! :)
Syrdarya
My patience wore a bit thin with Vicky and Henry in the full-length books, but this collection of short stories is the perfect mix of tales about Vicky, Henry, and Mike. Not only is each story a complete and satisfying work, but they also slowly advance the stories of the main characters.
Charty
If you're a fan of the Blood books and/or the Blood Ties tv show that was based on the series, you will no doubt enjoy the opportunity to revisit the world. Huff is a decent short story writer and I had a pleasant read down nostalgia lane.
Madalina
Oct 13, 2011 Madalina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tanya Huff fans
Shelves: crime, vampires, anthology
The effing last installment and I finally fOUND IT! DO THE DANCE WITH ME, PEOPLE, I FOUND IT, after next to one EFFIN' YEAR-- Yep. Feels good.

It's like several miniature books - less boring, more fun, fast pace, missed Vicky.
Denicemarcell
february 8th, 2011. short stories am trying to make these last cause i do love Henry and Vicki. The alternating Vicki Henry stories made it fun; the screenplay reminded it i have the discs and should watch them.
Susan (Suz)
I really enjoyed this one with all the short stories, it was a nice change of pace......
Lori
Short stories featuring Vicki Nelson/Mike Cellucci/Henry Fitzroy/Tony Foster.
Mona
Excellent collection of Vicki Nelson short stories. Great brain-candy.
  • Child of the Night (Power of the Blood, #1)
  • Kiss of the Vampire (Creed, #1)
  • Midnight Blue: Sonja Blue Collection
  • The Sun Sword (The Sun Sword, #6)
  • Much Fall of Blood (Heirs of Alexandria, #3)
  • Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
  • The Vampire Sextette
  • Dracula in London
  • Sympathy for the Devil  (Quincey Morris, #3)
  • Dead Reign (Marla Mason, #3)
  • The Saint-Germain Chronicles (Saint-Germain, #6)
  • What You Can't See (Includes: Bullet Catcher novella; Seven Deadly Sins Prequel)
  • The Last Vampire (Hunger, #2)
  • Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider
  • Shattered Glass (Austra Family, #1)
  • Lilith (Uralte Metropole, #2)
1967
"Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia: Although I haven't actually lived "down east" since just before my fourth birthday, I still consider myself a Maritimer. I think it's something to do with being born in sight of the ocean. Or possibly with the fact that almost no one admits to being from Ontario…

Raised, for the most part, in Kingston, Ontario. It was the late sixties, early to mid seventies. Enough s...more
More about Tanya Huff...
Blood Price (Vicki Nelson, #1) Blood Trail (Vicki Nelson, #2) Blood Lines (Vicki Nelson, #3) Valor's Choice (Confederation #1) Summon the Keeper (Keeper Chronicles #1)

“Toronto's already ass-deep in cockroaches and conservatives; what's one more lower life-form?” 8 likes