Start by marking “Burnt Offerings ” as Want to Read:
Burnt Offerings

Michael Lister

Burnt Offerings

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Michael Lister is one of the finest writers going. Ever since I came across "Double Exposure", which was one of the finest books I've ever read, I never miss a new Lister. Burnt Offerings deals with religion, the Holocaust, true love, fanaticism and so much more. Ii's a true page turner. I feel it's his best book since Double Exposure and one you definetly will want to rea ...more
Hardcover
Published 2012

To ask other readers questions about Burnt Offerings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burnt Offerings

Kevintipple
For Professor Daniel Davis and his friend Ben Greene this late September morning is the time for good natured give and take and a run along some abandoned railroad tracks in the heart of the North Florida Wildlife Preserve. The running for Daniel is not just exercise but as a means of escape from nightmares of his past. The same is true of his job these days as he has isolated himself by teaching online courses from his isolated home and working on various projects.

The problem is as Ben stops an
Paul
This was my first exposure to Michael's work, and I loved it! This story has so many layers, and Michael does a masterful job peeling them back one by one. At first I wasn't sure about his choice of present tense, but after a chapter or so I started to enjoy it, and now I think it just wouldn't be the same story written any other way. Characters, dialogue, settings, descriptions, it's all fantastic. Can't wait to read more of his books.
Laurie Kirkland
Kept me reading

it really kept me interested and kept me reading to know what happened next. I enjoy twists and turns that I never see coming. This book had those too. I'm not one to pick apart a book on it's nearness to truth or facts but this one probably had a few. There was some "creepiness" too but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend this read to someone who likes a good serial killer thriller read.
Charlene Childers
Burnt offerings is one that will for sure make you wonder if anyone is going to make it out alive. This book kept me on my toes thinking what's actually going to happy next. I could not quite figure it out at first but once I got into it I really enjoyrd trying to figure out if anyone was going to make it out Alice
Doreen
An interesting serial killer mystery/investigation, unwrapped slowly but satisfyingly. Definitely clever and well thought-out. I just couldn't get over the punctuation choice for dialog. Plus, I've been absurdly busy with Ingress shard season, so it took a little longer than usual. God, I'm so tired. Fucking shards.
Anne Englehart
Compelling and riveting.

Was hard to put down. Keeps you going.
There are one or two slow spots, but a good read overall.
Dawn Peterson
This book by Michael Lister makes you want to lock your doors and look over your shoulders. The twist and turns never stop. Michael does a great job of bringing to forefront of our minds the ugly past of this world while entertaining us with the craziness of todays world.
Harris Guilmette
Plot deserves a five, but the style deserves a two. Lack of quotation marks very irritating and continually confuses speaker as well as the constant "he says" "she says" which even results in speaker confusion and in several instances, plot errors.
Karra
Liked the story, but the ridiculous way of quoting dialogue throughout the entire book is incredibly distracting.
Alison Reeder
A very good book. Had me hooked till the end.
Pam
Great read I couldn't put it down
John
Not bad. I finished it which a lot for Lister.
Debra Jayne
Debra Jayne marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Agnieszka
Agnieszka marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Kelly Mcleod
Kelly Mcleod marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Laronza Wiley-moore
Laronza Wiley-moore is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2015
Eloise Coetzee
Eloise Coetzee marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Claudio
Claudio marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Eric Vanorsdale
Eric Vanorsdale marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
sherry
sherry marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Raye
Raye marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Marcy Collins
Marcy Collins marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Green To Go
  • Uncaged
  • Not Dead Yet
  • Informed Consent
  • Bye Bye Baby
  • The Bloodbath Ritual  (The Alex Hollick FBI Series #1)
  • Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista (The Enemies Trilogy, #2)
  • The Loch Ness Legacy (Tyler Locke, #4)
  • The Flood
  • The Blue
  • Blue Molly (Danny Logan Mystery, #5)
  • The Saints Go Dying
  • Luthecker
  • Tipping Point
  • Too Much Information
  • Love Thy Neighbor
  • The Savannah Project
  • Sacrifices
Double Exposure The Big Goodbye Blood Sacrifice Power in the Blood Blood of the Lamb