Start by marking “A is for Apple: A Horsey Alphabet” as Want to Read:
A is for Apple: A Horsey Alphabet

A is for Apple: A Horsey Alphabet

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Forming letters with incredible flexibility, 26 distinct horse friends teach not only the alphabet, but also alliteration and a few fun new adjectives along the way! From the golden Palomino on page one: "Adorable Annie ate all of the apples with abandon." To the frisky sorrel Clydesdale towards the end: "Victorious Vinnie vamoosed with all of Velma's visible vegetables." ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about A is for Apple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A is for Apple

Aimie
Apr 15, 2012 Aimie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-and-up
My 3 year old son loves this book. He really enjoyed looking at all the horsey alphabet shapes. He laugh's his head off at Ulysses making the U shape and he enjoyed the fact that he shares his name with Victorious Vinnie. I especially loved what Pesky Percy got up to, it made me laugh out loud.

A great book for little ones and big ones. :)
Audrey Grant
Apr 14, 2012 Audrey Grant rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
This is a very cute children's book with the alphabet, Horses, rhymes, and very good art work. Some children will fall in love with this book and it will be a favorite. Some kids depending on their sense of humor, who know horses and have grown up with them will either find it delightfully funny or will think it is ridiculous that there is no way Horses can do those things!
I know this, because, 1 I have worked with children in School and Day Care for over 20 years, 2. I have three children of my
Paul  Hankins
I collect ABC books for use in Room 407 to discuss Categorization and Classification. I added this one today. The horses playfully create the shapes of the letters of our alphabet, sure to delight the horse enthusiasts in your room.

But, what I really like about this book is the use of alliteration. The book becomes a mentor text in this figurative usage type:

Bashful Bonnie bravely battled the buzzing bees.

Graceful Gladys gleefully galloped over the grand gate.

Tricky Tommy tested his trot by trac
Pauline Creeden
Apr 25, 2012 Pauline Creeden rated it it was amazing
Children love horses. The addiction to these animals is almost instilled at birth. What better way to help a child learn the facets of their alphabet than with these colorful, gymnastically-inclined equines? Adorable, and perfect for the horse lover turned mommy as well!
Scott Moore
Apr 16, 2012 Scott Moore rated it it was amazing
I love the book. The artwork is wonderful! I already have the Kindle edition, and have ordered two copies of the book--one for my 1 year old granddaughter and the other for my 4 month old granddaughter. A great children's book to teac.h them the alphabet
Kerry Nietz
Oct 29, 2013 Kerry Nietz rated it it was amazing
Last night I tried out "A is for Apple: A Horsey Alphabet" on my two youngest children. No better test of a children's book, right? I could wax poetic about the text and illustrations, but if the kids don't like it, it will just sit on the shelf somewhere.

First up was the three year old. To be honest, I expected him not to let me read the book to him at all. He essentially has two favorite bedtime books, and both feature dinosaurs. Attempts to read other book usually result in a near tantrum. He
Jo Linsdell
Jul 25, 2012 Jo Linsdell rated it it was amazing
My 4 year old loves horses and one of his favourite things to do is going pony riding, so I was pretty sure he'd like this book. He LOVED it! The horses in shapes of the letters makes learning the alphabet fun. My son particularly likes "Friendly Freddie felt funny with a fat frog on his face" and giggled lots. Even when we'd finished the book he commented "mummy do you remember when he had a frog on his face" and then giggled again.

A great book for introducing the alphabet to younger kids and a
Rebecca Rodriguez
May 19, 2012 Rebecca Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
The pictures in this ABC book are beautiful. If you have a child that loves horses, then he/she will love this book. If you are a teacher this book is good for primary children to learn their ABC's. It is also good for intermediate students. You could do an entire lesson on alliteration. You could also use it for lessons on parts of speech. It would be especially good for lessons on adjectives and verbs. Overall I thought this was an excellent resource and book.
Jeannie Walker
Jun 07, 2012 Jeannie Walker rated it it was amazing
The short story starts out with Adorable Annie who ate apples. Friendly Freddie felt funny with a fat frog. Quick-witted Quincy reminds me of the author who is so witty and extremely talented.
Ellen C. Maze uses colorful, delightful illustrations of horses, my favorite animals, to demonstrate the use of the alphabet. Every child and parent will love this book. It is a great learning tool for children. I highly recommend it to all.
K.F. Ridley
Jun 01, 2012 K.F. Ridley rated it it was amazing
This book should be A is for Awesome. The best alphabet book I've see. The illustrations r beautiful, and teaches the alphabet in a fun setting of beautiful horses!
Vim
Sep 26, 2012 Vim rated it really liked it
One of the most interesting and creative alphabet books I've ever read, Artists should read this!
Ann
May 15, 2012 Ann rated it it was amazing
Cute book for kids . i liked it because I love horses. Good for teaching children their alphabet
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Ashley Buss
Ashley Buss marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Perrine Family
Perrine Family rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Ashley Fetterman
Ashley Fetterman rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2013
G Elizabeth Evans
G Elizabeth Evans rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Tinaclowdus
Tinaclowdus marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Andréa
Andréa rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Christos Tsiailis
Christos Tsiailis marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2012
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2012
Lisa Scott
Lisa Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
3198547
Ellen says, "I'm friendly. I write about vampires and other paranormal critters. I mentor new authors and help them pave the way to becoming a published author. I believe in God. I love my readers. My books will creep you out and stick in your head a long time. That's okay, right?"

NEWS FLASH: My Edgy Christian Horror/Vampire novel RABBIT:CHASING BETH RIDER is the #1 Customer-Ranked Horror novel on
More about Ellen C. Maze...