Start by marking “Across the Pond” as Want to Read:
Across the Pond

Across the Pond

Published May 21st 2011

To ask other readers questions about Across the Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across the Pond

Sylvia
Jul 05, 2012 Sylvia rated it really liked it
I just finished this one by Virginia Jewel. She is such a wonderful writer. I love her characters. They are all so "relatable". The main character, Chloe, finds herself in an emotional and physical quandry and there were times where I was angry with the lead charecter because of some of the decisions she made but you can't stay mad for long because she is so "lovable". This book left me smiling and laughing out loud. I could'nt put it down. a wonderful journey of love, life and decisions.
Kim Miller
Jun 28, 2012 Kim Miller rated it really liked it
What a wonderful find! Not usually into romantic books, but this was tagged as a romantic comedy and I love a good looking Brit - so it intrigued me -very cute story line, easy afternoon read if you are trying to lose yourself. Great beach read - will definitely check out her other books when I am in the mood for a little romance
Piccadilly
May 12, 2012 Piccadilly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved this book. I got it after reading "A Week at the Beach" by the same author and loved it even more than that book. Brief summary: a woman goes to England on an errand to fulfill the wish of her recently deceased grandfather. She meets a handsome Londoner and spends the week falling in love. This book was funny and romantic. I absolutely loved the characters of Chloe and James. I didn't want this book to end.
Jul 19, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
what can I say about this book. it was a sweet story about what can happen on a vacation. the characters had me glued to the book. I was on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened next. the dialogoue was fantastic, creative and inspiring. this is the 2 nd book I have read by the author and she clearly does not dissapoint.
Kyrie Kazantzi Boland
May 17, 2012 Kyrie Kazantzi Boland rated it really liked it
Cute!
Robin Zuercher
Dec 31, 2014 Robin Zuercher rated it it was amazing
Across the Pond is book telling the details and events that happened during Chloe’s trip to London, England and why they didn’t exactly go as planned. The point of this trip was to fulfill her grandfather's last wish before he died; she was to scatter both of her grandparents’ ashes at the place where they first met; at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. Chloe spends most of her time in London which caters more to her interest. While she's there she met James and they spend most of ...more
Jenn
Dec 29, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it
synopsis
"Chloe Masters has always dreamed of going to London, and when her grandfather passes away and leaves Chloe to complete his final wish, she finally gets her chance. A simple relaxing trip to Europe, with no complications, is what she planned. Of course, nothing ever goes as planned. A chance encounter with a handsome green-eyed Englishman turns Chloe’s world upside down.
James Dervyn has the world at his feet. He’s successful, rich and handsome, but he’s also alone. When he spots Chloe ac
Annalynn
Jun 01, 2012 Annalynn rated it liked it
Another book I bought for my kindle for my trip to England based purely on a few good reviews and its subject matter. It was okay, although I didn't feel the relationship between the two leads was very realistic. They moved too slow, and yet, too fast. Nor could I believe a woman in her mid-thirties staying in a youth hostel with three teenagers she just met on the plane. Still... it was set in London :)
Kate T
Jun 12, 2012 Kate T rated it it was amazing

This was my favorite of Virginia Jewel's books. I really enjoyed seeing the story being told from both Chloe's & James' point of view. I particularly enjoyed reading from James' view because there is very few "chick lit" stories told from the male characters perspective. Great light read!
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Kelly Williams
Kelly Williams rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Megan Lundgreen
Megan Lundgreen rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Tandy
Tandy rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2013
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Anzley Yelverton
Anzley Yelverton rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Cinalin
Cinalin rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2015
Leann Pittman
Leann Pittman rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Dec 31, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
another fantastic read!
Jennfocker
Jennfocker rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Sara Allen
Sara Allen rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Yasmeen
Yasmeen rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Ariela
Ariela rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Justine
Justine rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Alix
Alix rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015