Start by marking “Pantheon of the Dead (Hidden Academy , #3)” as Want to Read:
Pantheon of the Dead (Hidden Academy , #3)

Pantheon of the Dead (The Hidden Academy #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
When a visit to an old friend ends with a dead body and the appearance of a monstrous creature, Ash finds himself in more trouble than he could ever have imagined. An ever escalating crisis unfolds, as one after another his friends, colleagues and allies are maimed, murdered and kidnapped. While dodging Harpies and combating a Hydra, Ash comes to realise that a dangerous p ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Pantheon of the Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pantheon of the Dead

John(walrus)
Apr 20, 2012 John(walrus) rated it it was amazing
By Zeus this is good;yes, this time it's the Greek pantheon causing a rumpus(or is it a fracas?).
This novel follows on from The Unicorn Crisis and The Digital Wolf;the continuing adventures of David Ash-Summoner.
It's More...in every way!.more personal to Ash,darker,more detailed and more polished.
Nansi
May 25, 2012 Nansi rated it it was amazing
Now that I've finished...this is my favourite of the Hidden Academy books so far. It's darker and heavier but fast-paced and written with fabulous skill. Jon Rosenberg has a magical way with words that weaves worlds I can utterly believe. I love the personalities of the gods - they're so self-centred and petty. I need to go back to my Larousse Encyclopedia of Mythology in preparation for the next installment - Welsh gods, is it? I can't wait!
Cheryl M-M
Jun 19, 2012 Cheryl M-M rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read. This is the third book in the Hidden Academy series. The first The Unicorn Crisis (The Hidden Academy) was poetic and fun, the second The Digital Wolf (The Hidden Academy) darker and sensual, but in this one the readers get an inkling of how powerful David Ash is destined to be.
It starts off with an event so unexpected and explosive that I actually skipped back and read it again. That pace continues within the book as the reader is imbibed into the world of mythology, whi
Ukgardenfiend
Nov 24, 2014 Ukgardenfiend rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-100-books
Book reviews for goodreads 2013 also
=============================
Pantheon of the Dead by Jon Rosenberg, Alex Buck and Alison Buck

Now here comes the details of the Greek myths as I found that without looking them up I missed a great deal of this story - which was a pity. I suspect that if I don’t know these stories in detail then the average reader will not either, so here is what I have gleaned. I don’t propose that this is complete by any means but I can suggest some books to look at if you wan
Kath Middleton
Apr 18, 2012 Kath Middleton rated it it was amazing
The third volume of Jon Rosenberg’s Hidden Academy series will not disappoint any of his many fans. David Ash goes up against the Greek gods who are trying to regain their old powers. He needs to enable the return of his fellow Summoners who have all been spirited away and he journeys into Hades to do so. The work is darker, more thoughtful, than the earlier books which often contained a good deal of humour. Jon has moved his writing up to a new level with this story.

What impresses me greatly is
Katriona
Jul 04, 2013 Katriona rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy, mythology, mystery
There was quite a bit more substance to this book than the previous two, and it had an overall darker tone. I really like Greek mythology, so it had me hooked from the start. Felt that Rosenberg had some interesting themes and ideas that didn't get explored quite enough, lots of ideas but little follow through in the long run - but in a fantsy book about magic & mythology, is it really to be expected?
David Ash clearly the main character, the others had only brief moments in this tale. Overa
Eleanor
Apr 16, 2012 Eleanor rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is book #3 in the Hidden Academy series, and this time it's the classical Greek pantheon causing trouble. There's plenty of action, plenty of humour and all the characters we've come to know in the previous two books, plus some new ones. I really enjoyed it; in fact I read it in pretty much one sitting. I want another one now!
Charlie
Nov 05, 2012 Charlie rated it liked it
Ash travels to the underworld.
Rosenberg writes very graphic text. You can feel you are in the places he describes. The underworld is a strange and perplexing place and he gets that over very well.
Kim
Sep 17, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
This easily the best of the series so far. The plot and characters more developed then in the previous books and some beautiful imagery. I'm really looking forward to a fourth.
Karl Elliott
May 23, 2012 Karl Elliott rated it really liked it
Excellent book, The series is really flying along.

The characters are all fleshing out well and the action is non-stop.

Looking forward to the next one.
Andrew
May 20, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Each book in the series just gets better and better.
Mel Horne
May 07, 2012 Mel Horne rated it liked it
Shelves: sf-f
Well now , I have to say I am not really sure ! This book is so very full, I felt it was a little "noisy" and I am certain I missed things in it. There is a passage in the book which actually reflects how I feel.

- " I sat in the dark room empty of all emotion, empty of thought really. I had fought and killed, manipulated and had been manipulated. Met gods and monsters, poets and creatures beyond description. I didn't know what I thought or what I felt. Maybe I was just tired." -

I think I feel
Jaspal
Mar 16, 2014 Jaspal rated it really liked it
Still fun. Found the snippets of what looked like copy paste text from the other books in this series a bit irritating...I mean, we get it that Titania's freckles look like they've been dusted on by some artist.

Will look out for more in the series.
Craig
Jun 19, 2012 Craig rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic
Just when you think the series can't top itself, along comes Pantheon of the Dead and blows the previous (admittedly great) novels out of the water, in a fantasy series like this one it can become easy for them to fall into a "monster of the week" mindset and it is good to see that Jon has a great way to turn your expectations of where the novel is going on its head when you least expect it, and keep focused on the great characters he has created and keep laying the ground work for what I hope w ...more
Debi Perry
Sep 05, 2012 Debi Perry rated it really liked it
Another, yet more polished offering (You have a proof reader now!) of Ash and the Academy. Nicely studied Norse gods background, it fills in the characters well. The themes of forgetting, memory and facing your past have depth and you can't help considering what your own choices would be if you faced the same.

The only thing is at the end of this novel (view spoiler), which leaves me to
Chris Gillies
Sep 20, 2014 Chris Gillies rated it it was amazing
Another worthy addition to the series, Rosenberg obviously puts a lot of work into researching the background to his stories before writing them. From where the book starts, it is a long and winding journey to the ending with many turns and twists. My only slight complaint about this story is that the hero is just a little bit TOO good. Yes he carries emotional baggage and is quick at thinking on his feet, but he seems to defeat gods and faerie kings with ease!!

Definitely worth a read if you lik
Angela Kitchen
Mar 06, 2014 Angela Kitchen rated it it was amazing
strong characters, good story line
Susan Gillespie
Aug 16, 2013 Susan Gillespie rated it really liked it
Just finished this book. Hoping there will be more to come. The Digital Wolf was probably my favourite of the 3 but I really enjoyed them all. Very interesting characters and plots
Casey
Casey added it
May 16, 2016
Hauke Wesselmann
Hauke Wesselmann rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Helge Raab
Helge Raab rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Blair Hardie
Blair Hardie rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Ruth Stebelska
Ruth Stebelska rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Soiky
Soiky rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Larissa
Larissa rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Valerie Woznica
Valerie Woznica marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Cuttlefish (Cuttlefish, #1)
  • The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist
  • Wish You Were Here
  • Digital Divide (Rachel Peng, #1)
  • The Serrano Succession (The Serrano Legacy, #6-7)
  • Knight Moves (Black Knight Chronicles, #3)
  • The Road to Bedlam (Courts of the Feyre, #2)
  • Benighted
  • E. Godz
  • 24/7
  • The Cornerstone
  • The Man Who Bridged the Mist
  • Before the Fall (Rojan Dizon, #2)
  • An Officer's Duty (Theirs Not to Reason Why, #2)
  • Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain
  • More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea
  • The Rhesus Chart (Laundry Files, #5)
  • Unto the Breach (Paladin of Shadows, #4)

The Hidden Academy (3 books)
  • The Unicorn Crisis (The Hidden Academy #1)
  • The Digital Wolf (The Hidden Academy, #2)