Start by marking “Contemplations: An Anthology of Short Fiction & Poetry” as Want to Read:
Contemplations: An Anthology of Short Fiction & Poetry

Contemplations: An Anthology of Short Fiction & Poetry

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Before penning her first novel, L.M. Stull found her voice and style by crafting a variety of short stories, poems, and flash fiction. Comprised of the very first words she uttered as a writer, Contemplations is a collection of tales and prose about life. Some happy. Some sad. Contemplations is filled with a multitude of writings that are sure to touch each reader in one w...more
ebook
Published April 14th 2012 by Black Kettle Publishing (first published April 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Contemplations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contemplations

Maria
There are writers who stand out from the crowd. L.M. Stull is one of those writers. I read a lot of books, but not many of them are able to keep me interested and make me feel compelled to read in this way. Not only that, but I was totally engrossed in the stories and really sensing the characters' emotions, and understanding them. L.M. Stull takes the reader to some dark places with this collection of short stories and poems. Reading the collection was almost like reading someone's private diar...more
Alex Laybourne
A wonderful collection of short stories and poems. Each one filled with emotion, from thought-provoking to heart breaking, happy and sad, author LM Stull captures the full breadth of human emotion and expresses it perfectly throughout.

It is a testament to the writing that the short page or two stories and short poems carry the same weight and emotion as the longest, multi chapter story that comes at the end of the collection.

Having read A Thirty something Girl by the same author, I knew that I w...more
Elena
Contemplations

When I got Contemplations I didn’t have any before hand presumption – yes I knew it was a collection of poetry and short fiction but I didn’t know anything beyond that and well I’m not going to reveal any spoilers to all those reading this review because reading without knowing is really a great experience!

L.M. Stull doesn’t shy way from emotion and isn’t afraid to show the darkness that exists in everyday life. Don’t get the impression that this is a pessimistic book because it...more
Andy Mascola
Contemplations is a charming mix of expressive poetry and character portraits. L.M. Stull's collection reads from beginning to end like a journey from the darkness into the light. The poetry presented within lovingly expresses relatable feelings of loss, longing, and alienation. The prose portions of this compilation provide mostly first-person narratives involving men and women, young and old, rich and poor, from all walks of life. This is where Stull shows her strengths most.

While slipping in...more
Jennifer Jennings
L.M. Stull has a knack for conveying raw emotions into elegant prose. This collection of short stories and poems will enlighten and frighten you to feel all the sensations life has to offer; pain, joy and everything in between. My favorite story in this collection is "Come to Terms". I appreciate the lessons of this piece;"to ponder and enjoy even the most mundane happenings of everyday life." It is something I feel we all need to consider and live by.
Michael La Ronn
This was a highly enjoyable collection of stories and poems. What really impressed me about them was the breadth of characters and emotion. There are happy stories, sad stories, disturbing stories, and stories that fall somewhere in between. I enjoy that sort of diversity in collections. The most memorable stories were "The Things You Keep to Yourself" (wow), "I Must Go", "A Lifetime of One Night Stands," and "My Vintage Rose". The last one, the longest in the collection was the most beautiful a...more
Eden Baylee
I've been a fan of LM Stull's writing since reading her blog and A Thirty-Something Girl. This collection of flash and poetry is just another example of how beautifully she writes. I eagerly await her new book this fall.

eden
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Tracie
Tracie marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Clayborn
Clayborn marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Geraldine Jain
Geraldine Jain marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Grampy
Grampy marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Kelly
Kelly added it
Aug 18, 2012
Lisa Gott
Jul 10, 2012 Lisa Gott rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Carley
Carley marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Lisa M. Gott is a contemporary literary fiction author. Her stories tell of the human spirit – sometimes sad, sometimes not – most can relate to them on some level or another.

Gott began her writing career under the nom de plume L.M. Stull. Her new name represented not only a new chapter in her personal life, but in her literary one as well.

When she’s not feverishly weaving words, you can find her...more
More about Lisa M. Gott (L.M. Stull)...
A Thirty-Something Girl Dragon Poems for Smiletrain.org 2012 Ugly Beautiful