Start by marking “For the Love of Hades (Loves of Olympus, #2)” as Want to Read:
For the Love of Hades (Loves of Olympus, #2)

For the Love of Hades (Loves of Olympus #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  377 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Hades, God of Death, has no heart. Persephone is determined to prove otherwise…

Hades, the Lord of the Underworld, has no patience for living things or his Olympian brethren. His purpose is order, administering justice to those who enter his realm, and keeping the balance decreed by the Fates. Meeting Persephone sways his focus, her gentle sweetness threatening his control.
Unknown Binding, 301 pages
Published January 2013 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about For the Love of Hades, please sign up.

Sasha Summers Yes, both ebook and print books will be available 8.2.2015
Sasha Summers No - this is only the 2nd in a 5 book series
The Goddess Test by Aimee CarterPersephone by Kaitlin BevisAbandon by Meg CabotUnderworld by Meg CabotEverneath by Brodi Ashton
Hades and Persephone
16th out of 108 books — 348 voters
Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsThe Chosen Chronicles by Christine JamesCoast to Coast Paranormal Investigation by Carolyn  BennettDeath's Servant by C.J. EllissonRelics by Maer Wilson
Paranormal Books to read in 2013
65th out of 422 books — 738 voters

More lists with this book...

Sasha Summers
Apr 13, 2012 Sasha Summers rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Loved writing this book, as I did Medusa's story. The myths offer so much to celebrate and work with. I hope my stories do them justice.
I picked up this book after browsing through many novels inspired by the Persephone/Hades mythology for many reasons: firstly out of all the books I looked at (there were many I promise) this one had acquired a good number of consistent good reviews and secondly I like my mythology to stay in mythology (that is it doesn't blend it to the modern world).

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I think it is nice take on the famous mythology and worth the read. I love how Hades is portrayed the as mis
“Lost in Hell,-Persephone, Take her head upon your knee;
Say to her, "My dear, my dear, It is not so dreadful here.”
- Edna St. Vincent Millay, Collected Poems

set around the time when Athens was under attack for the second time by the invading Persian army, For The Love of Hades focuses on Persephone, Goddess of Vegetation. it recounts how she first met Hades, God of the Underworld and what transpired afterwards when her mother Demeter, Goddess of Harvest, finds Persephone a mortal husband - Erys
Shawna Romkey
This is another great book by Sasha Summers, the second in the loves of Olympus series. Persephone and Hades are fun to read. Hades is the dark, silent type and Persephone is full of light and laughter, but you root for them to find their way together the entire book. The descriptions of the Underworld are vivid and fun. I especially liked the tie ins to the first in the series, Medusa a Love Story. Though this could be a stand alone story, it was fun to be "in the know" of some of the backgroun ...more
Lynn Rush
Wow!! What a gripping tale of Hades and Persephone. Like her book Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1) by Sasha Summers, I fell in love with the writing. Sasha Summers creates such a fantastic world with her smooth writing and high-tension writing. I just could not put this book down.

Hades was so masterfully written I felt like I could reach out and touch him. I felt his pain. His desire. His loyalty. And his determination to be honorable. I fell in love with this character!

Sasha Summers knocked it out of the park with this one!
Jean Murray
I love mythology of any kind and this series has captured my heart, starting with Medusa, A Love Story. For the Love of Hades is an amazing and eloquent story that I couldn't put down. Ms. Summers is an amazing writer, trust me on this. One of the best I have read, actually. Hades is an amazingly deep character who has only known betrayal, until he meets the beautiful goddess, Persephone, who knows no such deceit. She tests his will to deny what he truly feels for her.

What a fantastic love stor

Sasha Summers has written my ALL TIME favorite Hades..WOW

I could not put this down and did not want to! EXTREMELY ADDICTING! I will read anything from her in the future!
Jacqueline Buan
One of, if not the most well-written book I've ever read (To prove my point- for every chapter, I think I saved at least two to three quotes) For the Love of Hades is absolutely fantastic.

As always, I check the ratings and reviews of books before I give them a try myself. I was a bit doubtful, seeing all those 5 stars and words of praise, but now I can understand why. This is one of those rare books that have no fault. (It's not often that you can provide so little backstory for a character and
I was already in love with this book even before I start to read it!

I'm passionate about paranormal romance and the story of Persephone and Hades is probably one my favorite, but also the most difficult to tell/write and retell. This story is mainly based on the kidnapping of a young woman who's forced to marry a man she doesn’t love or desire. Miraculously, she can escape the Underworld for six months per year, but the other six, she must pass it through a gloomy world where death is king. She
Allison Collins
Best Wounded Hero EVER.
I am a huge fan of Sasha Summers and have devoured all of her books. But with her newest book, For the Love of Hades, she has catapulted into one of my favorite authors of all time.
The author has put a new twist on the Gods and Goddesses of Olympus by making them all too human, with everyday lives, loves, and heartbreaks. With her first book, Medusa, A Love Story, we met Medusa before she became the monster. With Hades, she brings the God of the Underworld to life.
Now, I
Guilty pleasure. I LOVE Hades&Persephone's books! <3 So... I can't be partial with this LOL

While not nearly as tragic or heartbreaking as the first book n this series, Medusa: A Love Story, was at times For the Love of Hades was no less amazing!

The mythology surrounding Hades and Persephone is, while somewhat familiar to me, not one I know very well, unlike that of Medusa. So it was very interesting to read about the Hades the man we first meet in book one and learn what was underneath that indifferent yet beautiful face that Poseidon disliked so.

Hades was betrayed by both his brothe
Awww this was very good. One of the things I really liked about this story, was just the writing. I have written this before, but Author Sasha Summers, is just a wonderful writer; she's very creative and she just has a great writing style, that makes a story flow, and that's what I felt for this one. I have to write, that I know of the main Greek Gods, having heard of them since I was little, but I have not really read any stories about them, except facts from the Internet, but Summers makes it ...more
So, I wasn't sure this would top Medusa, A Love Story but oh boy did it!

I think it was the immortal bad boy Hades that did it for me.. In so many ways. As much love as I had for Medusa and Ariston, there was something so much more alluring for me between Hades and Persephone.

I also love how odd Persephone is. Like, sometimes? A total ditz.

I read this over two nights and each time had that little thought that said 'perhaps you should go to sleep now' - Uh, heck no! And any book that has that eff
Loved this book. I get really tired of Hades being portrayed as a jerk and big meanie. In this book he turns out to be this humbled, tortured soul who just needs love. And I love how all the gods have human like qualities. So storyline goes like this: Hades is a heartbroken humble god who just wants to be left alone, and Persephone is an innocent goddess with a strong attraction to him. Problem is her mother Diameter promised her to another. The story is fast paced but well worth the read. And t ...more
Debbie Roppolo
The imagery was spectacular in this book and Sasha Summers did a wonderful job of pulling the reader into story, making it almost impossible to put the book down.
I've always been a fan of Greek mythology, but Hades was never my favorite god. However, through Ms. Summers skillful writing, I found myself sympathizing for him, and hoping for his and Poseidon's relationship.
Jen Hazlett
What a lovely and intense story. I am elated to say that this book lived up to what I imagined it to be like.

Ended up staying up last night to finish! ‿
I have not read the first book in the series, but was immediately drawn to this one as it focused on my one of my favorite Greek myths, that of Hades and Persephone. Ms. Summers did an excellent job with the plot and her character development and I was excited to read her rendition of the love of these two famous people.

I find that with authors tackling the burden of reinventing an ancient tale, I would rather them not stray to far into the "alternate universe". I want to see a solid base in th
Sasha Summers has completely won me over once again as her unique and fresh take on mythological tales continues with For the Love of Hades. In this latest installment of the Loves of Olympus series a new spin on the story of Hades and Persephone paints Hades as a conflicted yet very worthy of love character seeped in loneliness who would do anything to save the one bright light in his Underworld. Hades is brooding and sexy and more likable than the original myth makes him out to be. In contrast ...more

Pretty much.

Another Hades & Persephone retelling gone wrong. Horribly wrong! And am I surprised? Not even a little bit. *sigh*

The only series that I've actually enjoyed, that had them, was the Dark-Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon. And even then, they're not major characters [sadly].

Will I stop looking for Hades & Persephone retellings/stories? No, but my enthusiasm and hope for them are extremely low.

All in all, 1 out of 5 stars for how boring the story was and how nothing actually happene
Aunque lei el libro en ingles... hare el review en español porque evidentemente me es mas facil desarrollar mis ideas en mi lengua materna.
Asi que... ya he dicho que tengo una extraña fascinacion por el mito de Hades y Persefone... este libro trata de ello con giro bastante interesante convirtiendose en una historia de amor bastante entrañable. La historia en si misma es distinta al mito, y aun asi sorprendentemente cautivante. La autora da vida a los personajes de un modo impresionante, el libr
I`m a huge fan of Greek Mythology, especially Hades, and I every much loved and I enjoyed this book. I really loved both Hades and Persephone`s characters, they were very well-written, and their romance and passion was just amazing.

Really loved this book! And the author is very talented and creative for making us fall in love with her book :D
Where as I enjoyed the first book, I really loved the second one. I thought that the love between Hades and Persephone was much more realistic and easier to relate too. The first one seemed a little bit too much like love at first sight. But it could also be that Hades has always been my favorite Greek God.
Sasha has out done herself again with her beautiful tales of love she creates. I can't decide which I loved more, Medusa,a love story or For the love of Hades more. they where both beautiful. I hope she makes a third book!!! (Fingers crossed).
I am reading For the love of Hades now and as a fan of Sasha Summers already I have always praised her talent in my reviewes but now I must say I consider her not a wonderful writer any more but a master! Sasha, PERFECTLY done!
J.A. Howell
Absolutely loved. Full review coming soon :)
I read 75% of this book as sneaks while I was at work; I was that desperate not to put it down! Normally, I just read about one hour per day, on my lunch hour. I rarely read at home. That's usually satisfactory, but man, I just HAD to finish this!

I love Hades and Persephone, always have. So naturally, I love reading stories that put a not-so-sinister spin on their relationship. In all honesty, this book was very inactive. Not a lot happened most of the time. It was very dialogue-heavy. Usually,
Maya De toro
  • Seeds Volume One (Seeds, #1)
  • Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus, #2)
  • Persephone's Orchard  (The Chrysomelia Stories, #1)
  • Dazzling Brightness (Greek Myths, #1)
  • My Lord Hades (Children of Khaos, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Gryphon, #3)
  • That Fatal Kiss
  • Asphodel (The Underworld Trilogy, #1)
  • Captivated (Courts of Light and Darkness, #1)
  • Artemis Rising
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Stealing Fate
  • Forsaken (Daughters of the Sea, #1)
  • The Year-God's Daughter (The Child of the Erinyes, #1)
  • The Millionaire's Secret Wish (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • Uprising (Children of the Gods #2)
  • The Blackmail Baby
Sasha is part gypsy. Her passions have always been storytelling, history, romance, and travel. Her first play was written for her Girl Scout troupe. She's been writing ever since. She loves getting lost in the worlds and characters she creates; even if she frequently forgets to run the dishwasher or wash socks when she's doing so. Luckily, her four brilliant children and hero-inspiring hubby are s ...more
More about Sasha Summers...

Loves of Olympus (3 books)
  • Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1)
  • Eclipsing Apollo (Loves of Olympus #3)
Hollywood Ever After (Red Carpet, #1) Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1) Cowboys & Kisses (Teens of Black Falls Texas, #1) Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2) Hollywood Homecoming (Red Carpet Series, #3)

“If she is truly yours, I cannot take her from you.” 2 likes
“-Such words… such feelings are fleeting…
-If they fade, it was never love.”