Start by marking “Blue Like Elvis (Moody Blue, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Like Elvis (Moody Blue, #2)

Blue Like Elvis (Moody Blue #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  233 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Do you remember where you were the day Elvis died?
I do. I know exactly where I was.
I was there.

In the spring of 1977, Shelby Colter moved back to Memphis, Tennessee hoping to make a fresh start after breaking off her engagement. Working as a patient representative hostess at Baptist Memorial Hospital--the world's largest private hospital--she's thrilled with her new job, a
Published March 28th 2012 by OBT Bookz

To ask other readers questions about Blue Like Elvis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Like Elvis

Marcia
Loved this book! It was definitely a walk down memory lane since I grew up in Memphis. Diane Moody is an awesome writer and draws you into the story. Cant wait to read the next book!
Toledo (T.J.)
A rather simple plot, almost slow, but if you love Elvis you hang in for the ending and it is worth it.
Melanie
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a feel good read with some romance, tears, and smiles.
Christine Lowe
Great Read

This is a novel for those who like a good story. You don't need to Iike Elvis. It is helpful to be aware of who he was and remember the media frenzy and outright adoration of the many fans. I enjoyed everything about this book. The unique position of hospital hostesses was a great idea. The relationships were believable and characters were well developed.

I hope you will read Ms Moody's book. She tells a great story. I gave her a 5 star recommendation. Everything rings true in her story
Barbara
This is a story about Shelby Colter who is fresh out of college and on her way to her first job. She is hired by Baptist Memorial Hospital to be on their "hostess" team. The hostess team visits the patients, run errands for them, and do anything they might need. Baptist Memorial is THE hospital that Elvis goes to when he needs medical care. The story follows a group of young girls as they deal with the variety of patients. Of course, Elvis sighting are involved. This is a delightful book to read ...more
Kim
A cute book, very predictable, and happily ever after.
Thomas Merrick
a quick light read for a rainy afternoon.
Lynn Bear-jones
I really enjoy this book.
Jerry Newhouse
The book was a real emotional rollercoaster, not the happy–happy book its predecessor in this series was. Even on that note, it was an excellent read. Once more Diane has shown a real mastery in the art of character development as well as mastering the method of dramatic story–telling. Her background research on this one is truly in depth and makes this story come alive. I can actually recall some of these events, which made it all the more real. Thank you, Diane, for another wonderful tale.
Sandy Walden
After reading the first book in the series I was excited to continue onto the second book. When I found out that this book had a storyline that included Elvis and that particular time period I wasn't as excited, not having much experience with that era in time.

I was most pleasantly surprised!! I couldn't put this book down! The characters were warm, their experiences were engaging and I appreciated the spiritual influences. I definitely recommend this book!

Thanks Mrs. Moody.
Missy
A nice feel good book. Great and heartfelt story. I also enjoyed the acknowledgement section where she wrote about the people who helped her write this story. It's nice to know that Donnie was made up by a real friend of hers and also Sandra.

Having a hostess service for a hospital is such a novel idea. It's too bad that we only concentrate on our physical bodies in the hospital now days. So many people would benefit from this service.

Still a fan of Diane Moody...
Really fun, even though I am not an Elvis fan. Almost as good as her Blue Christmas. This was a romance book with a good amount of kissing. It didn't bother me at all but some of my friends might not like it. Memorable characters and the perfect read for a visit to Memphis. I had so much fun reading it my family and I drove through Memphis.
Jennifer Silbaugh
I loved it. Very inspiring.
Julie
HhBlue like Elvis

A sweet story about a time gone by. a grand hospital,friends, and a deep love of :God. Of course Elvis Presley always helps the story.
Regina Lindsey
Wow, another great story by Diane Moody. She is a wonderful storyteller. I especially like this because it takes place back in the early 70's before Elvis died. I could visualize most of the story as I was about the main character's age when the story takes place. This is the 2nd book in a trilogy. I can't wait for #3!!!
Sarah Wright
I wasn't sure if I would like this book as well as I did book #1 in this trilogy, but since it involved Elvis, I decided to give it a shot.

I am so glad that I read this book. It was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it.

I can't wait to read book #3 in the trilogy and then possibly other books by the author!
Lyndee S. Pitiak
Thoroughly enjoyable

What a great read! I quickly got into the story and the characters. It took me back to growing up in the 70s and to what I was doing when I heard the news of Elvis'death. The end of the book is enough to make you smile and wonder.
Lisa
Cute, Christian "chick-lit" read. Storyline is based on the months leading up to Elvis' death in Memphis at Baptist Memorial Hospital where he would stay as a "guest". Good story lines with characters, a little romance, a Vietnam veteran and faith as well. Quick read!
Sheila Siler
This was a delightful story that was easy to read and enjoyable to follow. While it was fictional, it had enough history to be believable, though there is that Elvis twist . . .

I enjoyed this author very much and look forward to reading more of her work.
Ginny
I really enjoyed this book; great trip down memory lane! (Except the casinos were NOT in Tunica at the time of Elvis' death!). Great light read; I liked it better than the first book in this series.
Deb Todd
This is a sweet story but very predictable. Definitely not a page turner. I do like the author's characters and her writing style though. I just think this story needed a little more action.
Rebecca J. Miranda
Story was nice, but there are historical mistakes. One is that Elvis's death was reported on the Huntley Brinkley News. Chet Huntley died in 1974, three years prior to Elvis
Helen Carey
A very enjoyable book. Well written. Diane Moody made me feel as if I was there, living through the times and events she described.
Miriam
Dec 02, 2012 Miriam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I didn't like this one as well as the first book in this series, it felt too rushed to me. I did enjoy the Elvis stories though.
Roxanne Cline
Ok read, nothing to sink your teeth into, occasionally religious overtones and references.
Monique
Liked it more than they first book in the series. Good read. Four stars.
Norma
Loved it. I have enjoyed ALL of the books I have read from this author.
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
  • Noble Pursuits
  • Toward A New Beginning (Arkansas Valley, #1)
  • Roses Will Bloom Again: And Emma's Heart Will Never Be the Same
  • Travelers Rest
  • The Relationship Shoppe
  • The Fall (The Rapha Chronicles, #1)
  • The Upper Zoo
  • Texas Roads (Miller's Creek #1)
  • Past Suspicion
  • Ordained Irreverence (Elmo Jenkins #1)
  • A Time for Peace (Quilts of Lancaster County, #3)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • Getting the Important Things Right
  • A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers, #1)
  • Kate's Song (Forever After in Apple Lake, #1)
  • Stealing Jenny
  • I Shall Not Want (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #2)
  • This Time Forever (Mickelle, #1)
Born in Texas and raised in Oklahoma, Diane Hale Moody is a graduate of Oklahoma State University. She lives with her husband Ken in the rolling hills just outside of Nashville. They are the proud parents of two grown and extraordinary children, Hannah and Ben.

Just after moving to Tennessee in 1999, Diane felt the tug of a long-neglected passion to write again. Since then, she's written a column f
More about Diane Moody...

Moody Blue (2 books)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
Of Windmills and War Tea with Emma (The Teacup Novellas, #1) Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1) Home to Walnut Ridge (The Teacup Novellas, #3) Confessions of a Prayer Slacker