Start by marking “No Matter The Cost” as Want to Read:
No Matter The Cost

No Matter The Cost

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A Rallying Cry for Men to Embrace a Larger Vision of Christian Purpose
Vance Brown believes that men today are "discouraged, exhausted, and question their worth," and many fall by the wayside. He faced that challenge years ago but was surrounded by friends who said, "Have courage. God needs you, here, now...this day." Vance heeded the call and as a result has called other
Published June 1st 2012 by Bethany House

To ask other readers questions about No Matter The Cost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Matter The Cost

Joseph McBee
I want to be careful how I proceed with this review. The author is a Christian and therefore my brother in Christ. Even if he weren't, he is still a man who put his heart and soul into writing a book. I refuse to hide behind a computer and let criticism fly.

That being said, I did not care for this book.

I appreciated the author's honesty. I appreciated the fact that his book was loaded with Scripture. I also appreciated the way the author's passion and energy is captured and expressed.

Yet I still
Andrew
In No Matter The Cost, Vance Brown considered the importance of standing and fighting in the last battle when Jesus returns to triumph over Satan. All other wars won’t be able to compare to the victory of this one. He also founded the Band of Brothers ministry to help lead men in the last battle and he wants men to never give up. Throughout the book, Vance Brown asked the question, “Will you be one of the saints used by God to finally defeat evil?” (Page 27). The book encouraged men to find othe ...more
Jimmy Reagan
Men, are you discouraged or broken? Have you even made foolish decisions? Do you need the courage and hope to go on? Then this book by Vance Brown with John Blasé and published by Bethany House is the book you have been waiting on.

We have here the call for “imperfect, broken, foolish men” to step up in the battle and fight “no matter the cost.” Do not suppose, however, that this book is just a pep talk, or an inspirational challenge. This is a realistic view of us coupled with a realistic view o
Redbroyer
No Matter the Cost…

I don’t often write book reviews as I don’t read all that many books. That said, I felt that it was important to write a review for this book as it spoke to me on so many levels. Because I don’t write reviews, I also struggled with what rating to give it, but ultimately decided on five stars for the same reason stated above. Additionally, as I was telling a friend of mine about the book today, I mentioned that I will be reading it again. That is something that I don’t typicall
Michael Gallops
When I got this book I was so excited to start reading it that I tore into the very first night! And I got all the way into the prologue when I realized this wasn't a book I was going to read in a couple of nights and then put on a book shelf and forget about. No, this was a book I was going to have to work my way through - praying and agonizing over each and every word. I say that because what I discovered as I got all the way into the prologue (yes, I know that's at the very beginning...) was ...more
Paul
No Matter the Cost by Vance Brown delivers a message built around the themes of the “Lord’s Prayer” with many applications and quotes to which men can relate from well-known Christian authors and movies to illustrate his points. He takes up the fallen sword of Bill Bright from his appeal to men through his ministry of Promise Keepers and writes to an audience of men and to their shared needs. He is transparent as he opens with his own struggles and with the death of a close friend. Rise up, man ...more
Blake
As a fan of John Eldredge, and seeing how he loved this book...this was kind of a no brainer. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised to see how for myself, and my Christian walk in life, this book fit perfectly. I found John Eldredge to be a better read, but as for content, for right now in my life...this book hit home like God himself placed it in my hands. It also showed how brothers, real, Christian brothers, needed to stand up...for their families, themselves, and most of all for their God! I hope ...more
Joalby Phoenix
Received this book as a LibraryThing Advanced Reading Copy & I'm so very glad I did.
I will admit parts of it seemed a little too predictable and cliche, but coming from a place where I am not as theologically in tune as many, I feel that it didn't necessarily "dumb it down" so much as it put everything into simple terms that made it easy to understand and connect with.

The selection of scripture and stories made me see things that while they seem common sense, also can not be beaten into yo
David
Vance Brown hits some of the toughest issues in a man's life right on the head. Spiritual warfare is, indeed, real. But the real question is who will fight to the end and take a stand for Jesus Christ no matter the cost. A man's lifestyle should be reminiscent of a good soldier fighting for what he believes in and persevering through life's difficulties no matter the cost.
Rich
A brother in Christ introduced me to the Band of Brothers. This group and this book have inspired me to re-ignite a men's ministry in our church. The book is full of real stories, from real men, living in this very real and broken world. This book provides inspiration and encouragement for men to share their fears and struggles with each other honestly. Without judgement, without condemnation but with love... the same love that Jesus, our brother, has for us.
This book is well written, easy to
Brian
The inclusion of an online ministry connection from the book is an incredible assett for many men! Too many times have stuggling men read book after book with no options to have any dialogue for fear of rejection etc.. There are so many guys not able to have that small group but yet are able to obtain strength from the online community. Thanks for continuing the vision God put in your heart, many men and their families will be blessed by the Band of Brother's ministry!
Michael
A must read for for ALL men that are walking with Christ. A brutally honest tool for men to use as they grow in their faith. I couldn't put the book down once I opened it and was excited to read it each day (and I am not a big reader). If you was looking for in your face, straight honesty this is your book. I believe that God brought this book to me so that I can bring its teaching to other men. It's worth the time and money you invest. Thank you BOB's
Graham Lutz
The back cover made the book sound cool. It was going to be motivating, uplifting, encouraging, and validating all in one. It wasn't. Each chapter was a short little story, TONS of scripture, and a discussion of the story in light of said scripture.

If you're a gung-ho christian, sure, you'll eat this shit up. If you're anything else, it will be pathetic and anti-intellectual. skip it.
Kar
I love this book! Vance is real and transparent. It did my heart good to hear Vance's stories and the stories of other men who have walked through difficult times.

The book has a 6 week study guide. I am going to use this book with the group of guys I journey with and am excited to see what God does as we dive into this book together!

Todd
Ipicked up this book in Memphis Tennessee. Its a religious book. It talks about men and there life struggles and struggles with addictions etc. They also have a website/message board where you can connect with other men and talk about issues, share joys, thoughts etc.
Mark Chambers
This book can help a lot of men. The stories are authentic, and the topics deep. If you are fighting day by day for your marriage and family, this book will speak to you. Buy it, read it, and find a group of guys to do life deeply with!
Zachary Brown
Zachary Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Josh Giddings
Josh Giddings marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Zach Rodgers
Zach Rodgers marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Matthew Carpenter
Matthew Carpenter marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Celeste
Celeste marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Candace Williams
Candace Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013