Start by marking “The Heart's History” as Want to Read:
The Heart's History

The Heart's History

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This is Edward: architect, friend, lover, mystery. Everyone has their own Edward, a kaleidoscope of images struggling to define a man who has never let anyone get too close. But now, Edward is dying, and all of his loved ones are desperate to understand him, to connect fully with him, before it's too late. In this beautiful and haunting novel, Lewis DeSimone, author of the ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 308 pages
Published May 5th 2012 by Lethe Press (first published April 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Heart's History, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Heart's History

Don
Mar 26, 2014 Don rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning on so many levels. DeSimone brilliantly builds his novel around a dying man, his long time friends and his new, younger lover. Each friend has a history with the dying man, but has a story of their own that DeSimone writes beautifully. The book is very thought provoking regarding relationships, intimacy, solitude and grief. Loved this book!
Elizabeth
May 04, 2015 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: recent-reads
A group of friends cope with the loss of one of their own. This one meandered at times and felt like it could have been a bit more cohesive. The main point is the friendships between these men. We get various character's perspectives with each chapter. The idea is that we then get to know each character equally as well as the other, but that doesn't seem to happen. I kept having to remind myself who was who throughout the book.

Overall, this fell a bit flat for me. But I did feel the dialogue was
Eddie
Apr 02, 2014 Eddie rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story by one of my favorite writers. DeSimone has gift for making characters come alive. Highly recommended.
Lee
Nov 19, 2013 Lee rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Heart's History by Lewis DeSimone. This is the first book of his that I've read, but it won't be the last. His writing flows beautifully and he skillfully creates characters that are multidimensional and fully realized.
While the overall tone of the book is a bit somber, it is also very insightful and full of humor and wit that kept me reading. I highly recommend the book and I give it five stars.
Gale Stanley
Aug 01, 2012 Gale Stanley rated it it was amazing
I became a fan when I read Chemistry a few years ago. DeSimone's new book is well worth the wait. This is the story of a group of gay friends, living in Boston between 2002 and 2007. Their struggles with issues of intimacy, aging, AIDS, love and loss are beautifully portrayed with realistic detail and witty dialogue. The men live and breathe. I cried, I laughed. I felt like I knew them. Highly recommended.
Jim
May 16, 2013 Jim rated it really liked it
A touching story of a group of friends facing loss as they grow apart, and try to hold on as their lives separate them, only to come together as one friend faces his mortality.
Elisa Rolle
Oct 25, 2015 Elisa Rolle rated it it was amazing
2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Hal
May 30, 2013 Hal rated it liked it
When you know how to write but have nothing interesting to say
Cecil
Jan 31, 2014 Cecil rated it it was amazing
A poignant story of loss and survival.
curtis s jorgensen
curtis s jorgensen rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Andyhat
Andyhat marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Ajax
Ajax marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Apoorva
Apoorva marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Macartney
Macartney marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2015
家榕 張
家榕 張 marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Justhap
Justhap rated it did not like it
Dec 23, 2015
Louis A
Louis A marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Lethe Press
Lethe Press rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Rambling Reader
Rambling Reader rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2014
David Kay
David Kay marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
John Stella
John Stella rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2014
Keith
Keith rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Sala Bim
Sala Bim marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2014
Dennis
Dennis marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Lewis DeSimone is the author of the novels Chemistry and The Heart's History. His work has also appeared in Christopher Street, James White Review, Harrington Gay Men’s Fiction Quarterly, and the anthologies Charmed Lives: Gay Spirit in Storytelling, Best Gay Love Stories: Summer Flings, I Like It Like That: True Tales of Gay Male Desire, Second Person Queer: Who You Are (So Far), The Mammoth Book ...more
More about Lewis DeSimone...