Start by marking “A Scent of Longing (1Night Stand series)” as Want to Read:
A Scent of Longing (1Night Stand series)

A Scent of Longing (1Night Stand #104)

Lily Dansen refuses to date vampires. The last time she trusted a one, he turned her. She agrees to a date arranged by 1 NightStand, believing that a quick tryst is all that’s left for her.

A 376-year-old half-vampire, half human Luc Fortier can’t continue to satisfy the vampire fantasies of young ladies while his dreams go unfulfilled. He vows to bedazzle one last date bef
Published April 13th 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published April 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Scent of Longing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Scent of Longing

Future Slayer Girl
Be still my vampire lovin' heart. This is officially one of my favorite one night stand stories. It has been awhile since I have indulged myself on really good vampire erotic fiction. And I am so glad I picked up this one. It was emotional, well written, and good lord was the vampire sex hot as all get out!

Cara has an amazing voice as an author. I found that the story has easy flow, smooth transitions, and it effortlessly took us on the sexy and romantic journey of Luc and Lily. Luc is a hybrid
Buffy Kennedy
Mar 25, 2016 Buffy Kennedy rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning, you get emotionally involved as you witness Lily struggle with the concept of re-entering the dating world while still adjusting to her new life as a vampire, courtesy of a former lover. Her friend convinces her to give one night stand a shot, and though she’s nervous, she gathers her courage to go through with it. Luc knows he’s supposed to meet his mate, but fears his time has passed and gives up hope, but meets Lily as his last hoorah so to speak.

Neither provide full
Jul 30, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
What if you became a vampire against your will? Would you be able to trust a vampire again?

Lily Dansen was turned into a vampire from a night of sex with her ex-boyfriend who only left her a phone number when he ran out on her. She didn’t really believe in vampires and then she became one. I found her determination to continue with her life interesting. She met up with Vampires Anonymous and learned about how to survive. But she vows to never trust another vampire again.

Luc Fortier is not a typi
Gem Sivad
Mar 14, 2013 Gem Sivad rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the 1Night Stand "dating" service, unlikely couples are brought together. Luc is a half-breed vampire, the child of a vampire and human mating. Lilly is a full-blood vampire having been "turned" by a date in the throes of blood lust. Neither Luc nor Lilly believe it possible to find happiness and love but they're wrong, thank heaven(and Madame Evangeline).

A Scent of Longing was a quick read with excellent pacing and very erotic scenes hot enough to steam the front panel of my Kindle.
Aug 18, 2012 Tina rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by this author and will definitely be reading more! I just wish it was longer, but it flowed so well in my opinion. I really like how she describes the characters emotions.
Andrea Mansue
Sep 04, 2012 Andrea Mansue rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful, quick read with characters that will touch your heart.
A very quick read. I read this a couple years ago, but noticed it's been re-released with a slightly different title ('Longing'). I enjoyed it and remember it fairly well. It's one of those times the brevity of the tale was too much. It almost felt more like the outline for a story than the whole story itself. A fun easy read by an author I enjoy.
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-mf
My Rating System:
loisa added it
Oct 18, 2016
Levi rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Shelly marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Nina added it
Aug 13, 2016
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Laurel rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Violet marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Sarah Toussaint
Sarah Toussaint marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Russty Thaggard
Russty Thaggard marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Shay rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Lucy Alay
Lucy Alay marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Amber marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Abn10009 marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Deb Kendall
Deb Kendall marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Noel marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Cassidy Mallett
Cassidy Mallett marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Midnightsmelody rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Beiza added it
Oct 03, 2015
Campbell marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Imani rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cara Bristol continues to evolve, adding new subgenres of erotic romance to her repertoire. She has written spanking romance, contemporary romance, paranormal, and science fiction romance. No matter what the genre, one thing remains constant: her emphasis on character-driven seriously hot erotic stories with sizzling chemistry between the hero and heroine. Cara has lived many places in the United ...more
More about Cara Bristol...

1Night Stand (1 - 10 of 234 books)
  • To Feel Again (1Night Stand, #1)
  • The Virgin and the Playboy (1Night Stand, #2)
  • Erotic Healing (1Night Stand, #3)
  • Just For Tonight (1Night Stand, #4)
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Burn Me if You Can (1Night Stand, #6)
  • Fairy Casanova (1Night Stand, #7)
  • Panties Optional (1Night Stand, #8)
  • It's a Jungle Out There (1Night Stand, #9)
  • The Middlesex Suite (1Night Stand, #10)