Devil: Il Diavolo Nel Braccio D

Devil: Il Diavolo Nel Braccio D (Daredevil Marvel Knights #14)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  863 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Contiene Daredevil (vol.2) 82-87
Paperback, Ed Brubaker Collection, 160 pages
Published April 12th 2012 by Panini Comics (first published November 8th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil

StoryTellerShannon
A relatively new and critically acclaimed Daredevil series by writer Ed Brubaker and artist Michael Lark which won the 2007 Harvey Award for Best Writer. The tale opens with our hero, Matt Murdoch, in prison and on charges of being the vigilante known as Daredevil. There he gets to face many of the people he put away, including the Kingpin and gang leader after gang leader. Artwork is moody and dark with gritty, gory action scenes. Suspense is well done, especially when fans see another Daredevi...more
Forrest
Brubaker characterizes Daredevil, Matt Murdock and Foggy far better than most Daredevil writers, including bigger names like Kevin Smith, Brian Micheal Bendis and even post-Born Again Frank Miller. Brubaker's Daredevil captures almost everything that was great about Stan Lee's Daredevil (sensory imagery and swashbuckling adventure), Frank Miller's Daredevil (pulpy noir), D.G. Chichester's Daredevil (incredibly intelligent, capable and ultimately powerful superhero despite weaker powers) and Bend...more
Alex
I could write a really awesome review of this but let's face it you don't really care what I think of this book. A one star review of Game of Thrones would probably be more interesting.
Justin
Leave it to Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark to deliver Daredevil...the poor man's Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe...into the greatest crime-related comic book Marvel's published in a good long while.

Having worked together on DC Comics' GOTHAM CENTRAL, the creative team are picking up the pieces of the DAREDEVIL series, left behind by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Alex Maleev, and "when we last saw our hero," Matt Murdock was facing an unprecedented stint in prison while he awaited trial...more
John Wiswell
Aug 16, 2007 John Wiswell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Comics readers,
While comic books have become darker and included more political parallels to shake off their stereotypes as full of musclebound idiots saving buxom damsels, Ed Brubaker truly succeeded in getting a great story from a once colorful, gimmicky comic book. The premise is that Matt Murdock has been outed to the public by his nemesis, is charged with decades of illegal vigilanteism, and is sent to the same prison that every criminal he's ever brought to justice, from lowly thugs to costumed killers....more
Rolls
Brian Michael Bendis is one of my favorite DD scribes of all time. His work on this title ended in the previous TPB The Murdock Papers. That is one of the greatest achievements in comic storytelling. Imagine the writers of 24 bringing their pulse quickening mastery of pacing to a superhero yarn. I was lost in a page turning frenzy from the moment I picked it up 'til the end - when as the curtain falls Matt Murdock aka Daredevil is actually sent to Rykers prison. This was a brilliant but potentia...more
Eric
Last year was a great time for me in regards to getting back into comic books. Using my school's library, I was able to get all of the comics I had stopped reading or never got to. One of those was Daredevil and I can say I'm enjoying every bit of it still. Having finished Bendis' run on the book, I was a little nervous to move on to Ed Brubaker, but the man does not disappoint. For one, the transition reads great, as Brubaker is able to keep the tone Bendis started but make it his own. He picks...more
Sophie
I really loved Brian Michael Bendis' run on Daredevil. Usually I'd think it'd be hard to follow up, but since Ed Brubaker is one of my favorite comic book writers, I had high hopes for this, and I wasn't disappointed.

Following the events of earlier issues, Matt Murdock is now in prison because he's suspected of being Daredevil. The atmosphere in prison is tense, to say the least, and Brubaker and Michael Lark do a great job at conveying that tension. After his best friend is killed, Matt feels h...more
Kurt
This is a bit of a step down after the legendary Bendis/Maleev run, but Brubaker and Lark tell a prefectly solid prison tale with some intriguing mysteries.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Daredevil (2) #82-87 (April 2006-September 2006). Matt Murdock finds himself in jail as he tries to prove that he isn’t Daredevil. As Foggy Nelson tries to keep Matt out of general population, tragedy strikes. Matt learns someone has ordered Foggy killed, and Matt is entering Riker’s Island as a regular prisoner. With enemies like Hammerhead, Black Tarantula, Bullseye, and Kingpin trapped inside with him, Matt might have to expose his real identity. Fortunately, Matt might find an ally...more
Matthew
In spite of all the praise I've heard for Brubaker's run on this book, I really doubted that I would find it in league with Brian Bendis's phenomenal run with illustrator, Alex Maleev, and yet he picks up the book in the bottom of the pit that Bendis left Matt in, and completely shifts gears, turning the book into something I never expected, and dare I say, topping Bendis's best work on Daredevil.

Michael Lark's art is not as photorealistic or as murky as Maleev's, but it's just similar enough t...more
Nat
Apr 15, 2008 Nat rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: noir fans, casual comic readers, my brother
Recommended to Nat by: Brock Wager
Shelves: graphic-novel
This is the first trade that collects what I'm finding out to be Ed Brubaker's stellar run with Matt Murdock.

Simply take a well known comic character and throw him in prison—a prison without over-the-top clichés,toss in his worst enemy, a sprinkle it with a couple of other colorful characters and you have one of the most original comic stories to come along this decade.

Rarely, a writer can take two sworn enemies and have them work together for a somewhat common goal, and Brubaker pulls it off wi...more
logankstewart
As said in most of the previous reviews, I really loved Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev's work with Daredevil. With the reins being handed over to a new writer/illustrator, I didn't know what to expect.

Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark take over and continue the story of Matt Murdock, recently incarcerated to Ryker's, along with Wilson Fisk. The Feds are tired of dealing with the Daredevil/Murdock fiasco and they hope for a quick end to their problem.

I felt that Brubaker & Lark did a good...more
Serial  Saudi_00
Over looking how disastrous Brubaker run to daredevil was and how must of the time it was just about daredevil bouncing from roof to roof with his angry face , kicking every gangester in his territory in repetitive manor .

That being said , but I am not to forget the first 18 issue or most of , which is the continuation of beindis run , or where he left of actually . The prison cell block arc and its after math are pretty much the highlight of ED Brubaker run , and probably one of the finest in...more
Joel Griswell
Great story! I've only really discovered DD in the last few years here, but I connected with his character right away, I think he's one of the most interesting heroes out there today, very dark, involved in a very real world, with strong moral and religious issues and themes. Brubaker's story picks off from the famous Bendis/Maleev run (which I read the stunning conclusion to), with DD in behind bars and his identity exposed to the media. Ironically, even though Bendis was a much more epic and f...more
Kristin
An amazing read! Could not put this down. Phenomenal writing and illustrations.
I'd been putting off reading Brubaker's run on Daredevil, because he can be kind of hit or miss for me. I respect his skills as a writer and his work on plots, but he tends to lack any and all sense of humor, and combining that with the way most people tend to write Daredevil as dark and depressing made me hesitant to check this out.

I was pleasantly surprised, however, and the plot was excellent as expected, and this one went no darker than the Bendis run that preceded it.
Bandit
I'm not really a fan of superhero comics and I don't know much about the Daredevil story except for the movie, but this book was very enjoyable, mostly due to its exceptional art. It's not often I read a graphic novel where each character, each face is drawn so distinctly and realistically, each panel is like a work of art. Pretty good story too. I'm going to read the second book. Recommended.
Michael
Ed Brubaker starts his run here following on from where Bendis left off. It's pretty much pitch perfect Daredevil, with Brubaker continuing his intuitive partnership with artist Michael Lark. Gritty, dark and distinctive. This collects the first six issues of the run and includes a spotlight commentary on the opening sequence with Brubaker and Lark.
Albert Wu
Brubaker and Lark begin their tenure on Daredevil with a bang, picking up where Brian Michael Bendis tense narrative in a grimy film-noir style. Their work continues to reaffirm Daredevil as probably the most interesting and edgy comic series in the superhero genre. Looking forward to seeing where they take the series.
Ron
Brad
Brubaker does a great job taking over for Brian Michael Bendis, and makes the whole Daredevil-in-prison story believable and gut-wrenching. The fate of Foggy Nelson is a bit of a letdown.
Mark Desrosiers
Rikers Island is crammed with supervillains, plus our potential antihero, but unfortunately the hijinks are a quantum more contrived than what I'm used to seeing from Brubaker. Still pretty gritty and fun, but the implausibility is pushing the red.
Dan Starr
Probably the most gripping comic book story I've ever read, an absolute page turner. DD, w/out costume, in a maximum security prison full of thugs he put there. Tremendously exciting and tense.
Tom
After the Bendis run, I think I lost interest in Daredevil's world. No fault of Brubaker's. I stopped reading after the first arc ended.
BMK
Can't get enough of Mr Brubakers work at the moment. Great stuff. This one collection was better than all the Miller stuff I read.
Kahn
Tense, gripping, unputdownable - AND THEY KILLED FOGGY.

Oh, spolier alert...
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Mark
See review of DAREDEVIL Volume 16.)
  • Daredevil, Vol. 5: Out
  • Daredevil, Vol. 2: Parts of a Hole
  • Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller, Vol. 2
  • Daredevil, Volume 2
  • Daredevil, Vol. 1: Guardian Devil
  • She-Hulk, Vol. 2: Superhuman Law
  • X-Factor: Madrox - Multiple Choice
  • Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller, Vol. 1
Ed Brubaker (born November 17, 1966) is an Eisner Award-winning American cartoonist and writer. He was born at the National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.

Brubaker is best known for his work as a comic book writer on such titles as Batman, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, Catwoman, Gotham Central, Sleeper, Uncanny X-Men and X-Men: Deadly Genesis, and The Authority, and for helping...more
More about Ed Brubaker...
Batman: The Man Who Laughs Criminal, Vol. 1: Coward Messiah Complex Captain America: The Death of Captain America, Vol. 1: The Death of the Dream Captain America: Winter Soldier, Vol. 1