Start by marking “Old Blood (Experiment in Terror, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Old Blood (Experiment in Terror, #5.5)

Old Blood (Experiment in Terror #5.5)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  3,033 Ratings  ·  313 Reviews
A haunting novella from the Experiment in Terror Series...

From her harrowing introduction in Darkhouse, the spectre known as “Creepy Clown Lady” has been a constant fixture in Perry Palomino’s life. But beyond the horrid makeup and piercing stare lies Pippa, a woman just like everyone else.

Well, not quite.

When Perry discovered Pippa’s message to her and Dex on the EVP reco
Published June 23rd 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Old Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Blood

Kristalia
And the Buddy Read continues with the great Vilda!!

Final rating: 4/5 stars

Old Blood is a story of "Creepy Clown Lady" Pippa ...the constant through all experiment in terror books and the one person i have been interested in finding out about.

This novel was a heartbreaking, sad, crazy story of her life ... of all the things she had gone through from the moment she was born - until the end of her time. Her story is quite memorable, i felt her pain, her sadness.

According to the records, I w
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Stars

"It’s difficult to recall the many details of my life. All that stand out are the important moments, the moments, big and small, that shaped the path I chose."

description

The one constant, the catalyst and common denominator in the Experiment In Terror series, is the Creepy Clown Lady. Seeing by both of our heroes and communicating, always warning them, this ghost, won't go away.

But how can they both know her? How can't they remember her? What is her freaking deal?

This novella is her story. The
Jen
This was yet another winner from Karina Halle!
In this novella, we get to here the story of " The Creepy Clown Lady!!" Her name is Pippa Lindstrom and she was born and raised in Sweden and suffered the same affliction that Dex & Perry have. We learn about how she is connected to them, and also her brief life story.
It was nice getting some questions answered, and also neat having a glimpse into Dex's childhood. I have to admit that this story is very sad, and my heart broke for Pippa and what
Brittni
Mar 04, 2013 Brittni rated it really liked it
4 Sad Stars!!!

photo sherlocksad_zps2794230b.gif

I feel really bad for Pippa. She had really hard and unhappy life. All she wanted to do was to pursue her dreams and find life changing love. Unfortunately, she never got that fulfillment in life and that broke my heart. I'm glad we got to find out how Pippa became Creepy Crown Lady but it was such a sad story. Overall, I love this series!!!! On to the next book!!!!
Duchess Nicole
Mar 10, 2013 Duchess Nicole rated it really liked it
Just the blurb for this one is heartbreaking:

"When Perry discovered Pippa’s message to her and Dex on the EVP recordings, she thought she heard the last of the old woman’s message. She was wrong. In the novella Old Blood, Pippa relays the tale of her troubled and tortured past, revealing how an aspiring actress and loving mother fell into madness and how an unfathomable betrayal led to her untimely death. "

[image error]

If you've wondered about the crazy clown lady since book one, you don't have
Karla
Aug 10, 2016 Karla rated it really liked it
I never thought it would be so crucial to get pippa's story, to get so many revelations.
Her story was definitely more than I was expecting. Her life started out so sad, since childhood with such a close minded father and unsupported mother.
Pippa's story was heartbreaking she really did try to find her dream and happiness. She made so many mistakes that were painful to watch but ultimately had such a impact on the future of Perry and Dex. But at the end of her time as heartbreaking as it was I
Joana
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

" All that stand out are the important moments, the moments, big and small, that shaped the path I chose. The same path that led me to my death. And led me to you both. "

This is Pippa's story and how she became the "creepy clown lady"...

And let me tell you her story is heartbreaking.
Sure she made mistakes and many times she was selfish. She was just flawed like everyone else and ultimately she didn't deserved that ending.
It's true that the people we love the most have the power to destroy
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
This novella is written from Pippa's, aka the creepy clown lady, POV...and what a POV it is. The blurb states:

"Pippa, a woman just like everyone else.

Well, not quite."

and that's really true. We get to see the real Pippa, who she is and what happened. There's lots of answers in her story.

The question now is what impact those answers will have on Perry and Ada....and maybe Dex.

I enjoyed getting some insight on little Declan and Perry, well, mostly Perry's family but the story is really depress
Amy (Foxy)
Aug 22, 2013 Amy (Foxy) rated it really liked it
Who is the Creepy Clown Lady in the EIT series? Here's your chance to learn about her and her life. You find out how she is connected to both Perry & Dex.

Old Blood isn't a scary book per say until you decide to read it late at night in the dark. I had fallen asleep right after I read about Pippa meeting the little blonde girl who was at the bottom of the lake. The next thing I know I hear in a whispered voice, "Mom! Mom!"

I look up and there is a blonde girl standing next to my bed whisper
Catarina
Jun 17, 2013 Catarina rated it really liked it
We finally get to know the story of Pippa, also known as Creepy Clown Lady.
At this point in the series you already know who she was. If you don’t know that, go read the previous books and don't open the spoiler tag! :P
(view spoiler)

It was bitterswe
Fathima
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh !!!! Why did I have to read that ??!!! Just so you know , this is in reference to the first chapter of Into the Hollow , god I dont think I can wait till October to find out what happens next !!!!

argh gif Pictures, Images and Photos

"I must remember these little joys, I thought to myself. Even in death.

Wow wow and just wow ! Karina halle just keeps getting better and better with each book and this book was no exception . Old Blood is the creepy clown lady aka Pippa , Perry's grandmother's story . And m
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

We finally get see the life of Pippa (A.K.A Creepy Clown Lady). It was so great to be able to see all things she went through and how she ended up how she is right now. I felt for how she was raised the events that took place in her life. I loved seeing how it all related to Perry and Dex, and how in some weird way, history seems to be kind of repeating itself. My heart broke for my Dexi Dex, that's what I call little boy Dex. His childhood was terrible. I desperately wanted to nu
Lucia
Nov 04, 2012 Lucia rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Firstly, when I start reading this novella I was sort of sceptical since it was not written in Perry or Dex point of view. But when I got into it I liked it. Writing was poetical, mesmerizing and some new info about Dex and Perry were revealed. All the EIT fans, this is a must read for us!!!

Pippa's story was sad, dramatic and full of sacrificies in order to achieve her dreams and trying to find her happiness. She lived in differend period under different circumstances but her life had similar pa
AJ
Feb 06, 2013 AJ rated it really liked it
“Are we mentally different because we see ghosts or do we see ghosts because we are mentally different?”

I will admit it took me a while to get into this book, but that’s only because I was left on a cliffhanger at the end of the last book of the series, so to then swing out to a novella seemed a bit painful. Plus, I am so hyped up to get to the books that follow, I was daydreaming about Dex and Perry while reading. But Pippa’s story is so intriguing, it didn’t take me too long to get sucked in,
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Old Blood is a novella told from Pippa's (aka creepy clown lady) point of view. She is telling the heartbreaking story of her life.

I really appreciated that a lot of questions were answered in this book. I now have a better understanding of the thin veil/otherside and how Pippa's history is intertwined with Dex and Perry's lives. I was also surprised to see that there were quite a few similarities between Pippa's story and what we have seen of Perry's life so far. I am not going to go into speci
Vilda
And the Buddy Read continues with the awesome Kristalia!

Old Blood is written a bit differently than the previous books, as Pippa is telling her story directly to Dex and Perry--a story that's definitely a very sad yet interesting one. My heart was really aching for her the entire time! It not only, finally, shows us the whole story behind our beloved Clown Lady, but also reveals some things about the world and characters, that could be important for the rest of the series. I really cannot wait
Rose
This review is spoiler-free for the previous books in the series and Old Blood.

Old Blood was quite the disappointment. I've got to admit, even if I wasn't overly excited to read Pippa's story, I was curious about it. But in the end, her story fell flat for me.

There's a lot of telling-not-showing, I felt pretty detached from Pippa as character and while the things she had to deal with throughout her life are pretty sad and heartbreaking, I just didn't care that much. I guess I just liked her bett
Nikki
Was it the brief happiness I felt in the small things, the simple joys in my life? An accepting look or forgiving touch or sunshine in the backyard? Or was it the feeling if being deserted, abandoned, unknown and unloved? Either way, I died with an aching heart for the things I suffered through and the things I loved. In the end, it's all the same. In the end.

The blurb accurately describes this novella about Pippa, also known as "creepy clown lady," as haunting. I don't even know if that word
Sue
Jun 25, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
This story is key to understanding Dex and Perry and their connected origins by giving us the story of Pippa, "the Crazy Clown Lady" who has been haunting our protags since the beginning of The Experiment in Terror series. Karina does an amazing job telling the story from a completely new voice. I hadn't considered it before but now I want to go back and re-read the first five books with the insights gained from Old Blood.

Many reviewers and Pippa, herself, say she brought her tragedies on herse
Ellelou
Feb 05, 2013 Ellelou rated it it was amazing

“They say your life flashes before your eyes but mine didn’t flash. It crept along slowly and I was forced to relieve all the pain and the few fleeting moments of glory.”

This is Pippa's story, told from her POV, a life story filled with sadness, unfulfilled dreams, so much love given and not received and how choices we make change the path of not only our future but of those dear to us.

“Either way, I died with an aching heart for the things I suffered through and the things I loved. In the
Karen
Feb 24, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
I loved it!! 4 STARS for PIPPA!!!!!!!

Old Blood is a short novella in the Experiment in Terror series that falls between On Demon Wings and The Dex-Files. It is Pippa Lindstrom's story, who is Perry's maternal grandmother from Sweden, and Dex's nanny when he was a young boy. (view spoiler)
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
Apr 02, 2013 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie rated it really liked it
I died with an aching heart for the things I suffered through and the things I loved. In the end it’s all the same.
In the end.

After reading this I just want to crawl under a rock and wallow in my sorrow. I practically had to force myself to finish this book.

Old Blood is a short novella where we get a look at the life Pippa (creepy clown lady) led.
This is not a happily ever after type of story. This is a story about loss and heartbreak.

I don’t think there was a moment in the whole book where
Ash Wednesday
May 07, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

But I'm rounding it up to 4 because the writing style is so very different from what I've come to know of Karina's but she pulled it off pretty well.

I must admit, I wasn't really that curious of Creepy Clown Lady's backstory and I read this as a bridge to the Dex novellas. But it was engaging enough and provided great insight to some of the other characters in the series. The early chapters were sluggish and as this was told as though through the EVP recordings at the end of Lying Sea
Kim Bailey
Even better the second time!

Can I give a novella a 6 star rating? Well, I am. This is one of my favorite installments in the series & one of the best novellas ... Ever.

Pippa. Oh sweet, misunderstood, creepy clown lady, Pippa. Her angst, hopes, dreams and eventual demise are all so friggin' tragic. And yet, she's such a strong willed and insightful character. Knowing what she accomplishes from the Thin Veil seems incredible, considering what a mess she made of her life (while living). Fate or
Lise *friends don't flag*
Jun 23, 2012 Lise *friends don't flag* rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-series-eit
Pippa's story answers many questions that I had but also created many more questions. *Bonus* - the novella contains the first chapter of Into THe Hollow EIT #6!
Nina
May 20, 2012 Nina rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Ihr kennt die Creepy Clown Lady?
description

Vorher war sie Pippa...

In On Demon Wings fanden wir heraus, dass die gruselige Clown Lady, wie sie von Perry liebevoll genannt wird, nicht nur ihre eigene Großmutter ist, sondern auch noch Dexs früheres Kindermädchen. Was Dex und Perry aber noch nicht wissen ist, dass auf den Tonbändern, die sie in Lying Season mit Pippas Stimme aufgenommen haben, weit mehr zu hören ist, als sie annahmen. Pippa nutzte die Gelegenheit und erz
Emmy
May 08, 2012 Emmy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Once again Karina Halle has whisked me away with her colorful descriptions to a different time and place as the story of Pippa unravels.

This was an amazing novella that is a must read in my opinion for anyone who has read the Experiment in Terror series books 1-5. Pippa has had a long and strenuous existence. For this being only a novella, although a lengthy one (Thanks Karina!), so much is explained and in such a wonderful format. I love that Pippa's story was a message to Dex and Perry. Her st
Barbara Ann
Feb 09, 2013 Barbara Ann rated it really liked it
First, I want to say how impressed I am with Halle's planning of this series. It appears she had much of the ongoing plot mapped out before even starting the first book, and I can now see that in the minute details and clues that are interwoven throughout each book.

With that said, this novella was a quick and essential read for me to find answers to questions and to gain a better understanding of Perry and Declan's backgrounds and motivations. One of the foremost questions is who exactly is the
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
This is the story of the Creepy Clown Lady, later known as Pippa. I really can't tell you much about this novella without spoiling it, so I will just say, this helps brings several pieces together. You find out how Pippa is connected to both Dex and Perry. And how tragic her life was.

I did find myself feeling sorry for her and getting angry at her simultaneously. I suppose it is the whole "Hind sight is 20/20" but knowing some of the things I did, and some of the things she did, she continuously
Kelly
Jul 22, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
The Creepy Clown Lady has been one of those characters that make me shiver every time she pops up. To get to see the story behind the story and get a feel for how she connects to Dex and Perry was absolutely riveting. While Pippa's story don't contain the blood and guts that I associate with horror, the events that led to her maddened, lonely last years were certainly chilling.

Anytime I read a story set later in a series and immediately think "I *really* want to go back and reread this series al
Karina Halle Addi...: Old Blood (Experiment in Terror #5.5) 9 17 Jul 17, 2013 05:41PM
"And with madness...: * Old Blood~ EIT #5.5 3 16 Oct 04, 2012 10:30AM
"And with madness...: * Quotes from Old Blood 1 11 Aug 02, 2012 08:02PM
"And with madness...: * Old Blood~ EIT #5.5 1 16 Aug 01, 2012 07:26PM
  • Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
  • In Dark Woods (Signal Bend, #4.5)
  • Strange Case (Hyde, #3)
  • Stories for Amanda
  • The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • Savagery
  • Daughter of the Sun (Cult of the Cat #1)
  • Stone of Thieves (Robbin' Hearts Series #2)
  • Heller's Revenge (Heller, #2)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • Draycott Everlasting: Christmas Knight & Moonrise (Draycott Abbey #7.5 & 6)
  • Blood Mate
  • Devil's Luck (The Disillusionists, #3.5)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer and music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of Where Sea Meets Sky, Racing the Sun, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Dirty Angels and over 20 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her rescue pup, where she drinks a lot o ...more
More about Karina Halle...

Experiment in Terror (9 books)
  • Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1)
  • Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror #9)

“He was wide-eyed as he spoke. “He says you are a nut and I am a nut.” 8 likes
“small back yard until the sun went down and the early mosquitoes came out to play. I was” 0 likes