Start by marking “The Tale of the Cow Tail & Other Stories from the African Diaspora ” as Want to Read:
The Tale of the Cow Tail & Other Stories from the African Diaspora
read book

The Tale of the Cow Tail & Other Stories from the African Diaspora

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Tale of the Cow Tail & Other Stories from the African Diaspora -- a captivating journey into African traditions, culture and lifestyles. Through the eyes of Nigerian writer, Lanre Ogundimu, the reader is offered an intensely personal look at the magic of the Motherland and the mystery of its customs.

The eclectic collection of sagas -- both fiction and non-fiction -...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 84 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by Esteem Multimedia

Be the first to ask a question about The Tale of the Cow Tail & Other Stories from the African Diaspora

dely
It was really a pleasant reading. I also liked the African proverbs that are at the beginning of each story and that introduce the reader to what he is going to read.

It was as if I was reading letters sent from an old and far friend who I didn’t heard for a long time; and in these letters he tells me what happened to him in his life. The thing I enjoyed the most was that the author doesn’t tell amazing events of his life but events who were important for him and that he wants to share with you.
H...more
Nancy
Lanre Ogundimu, a native of Lagos, Nigeria tells a variety of stories, many of world quite different from my own. His description of cow tail as a delicacy, particularly the physical sensation of chewing, was excellent. He had me eager to eat something I would never have considered an edible part of the cow.

Some stories seemed more like an informal conversation without the story arc I expected. Perhaps this is typical of African storytelling.

I won this book through goodreads.
Amna Tariq Shah
wow! What a book! Through every word and every page, I was able to live a thousand moments of a typical African lifestyle. It was hard to put it down, once I started it. Interesting for the ones who like to learn about the African lifestyle and culture, for others, could be boring.
Lit Bug
Lit Bug marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Janie Kaiser
Janie Kaiser marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Claudie Muchindu
Claudie Muchindu marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2012
Apple
Apple is currently reading it
Jun 25, 2012
josey
josey marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 30, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Shirley Adamson
Shirley Adamson marked it as to-read
Amanda Chalifoux
Amanda Chalifoux marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Lorraine
Lorraine marked it as to-read
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Grace Sanders
Grace Sanders marked it as to-read
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Alysa Morley
Alysa Morley marked it as to-read
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Tale of The Cow Tail & Other Stories from the African Diaspora The Tale of the Cow Tail & Other Stories From The African Diaspora