A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)

A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  581 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Margie Bradford is picking up the pieces of her shattered life following her husband's death. When her cousin encourages her to make a fresh start with her teenage daughter, unsuspecting Margie takes a reading specialist job in the small town of Redemption, PA. The last person she expects to encounter is Rocket Manion, the ex-NFL quarterback and Dr. Phil wannabe who broke...more
Published April 10th 2012 by LK Books

Jules
A Little Bit of Deja Vu had some interesting twists and turns and the writing style was enjoyable, but I fought myself too much with a couple of issues. One being the way the heroine kept saying no, the hero pressing her anyway, and her giving in. If a woman says no, she should MEAN no. And I feel strongly the hero should take it as a NO. I don't mind the hero trying to change her mind, but not by doing the exact thing the heroine just said no about. The other problem I personally fought with wa...more
Mona
I can't believe I wasted a whole evening reading this. The premise sounded good, the characters sounded interesting, so I assumed I was in for a treat. What I got was an evening of psycho-babble and two dimensional characters, and I'm angry with myself for staying with it to the bitter end.

The story had real possibility, but instead, the psychoanalysis used by one character totally skewed the entire thing. I wasn't allowed to feel the characters' emotions.....I was 'TOLD' how to view them and wh...more
Kate Lutter
When I read a romance, I want a story that not only makes sense, but I also want a roller coaster of emotions as I read.
I want to feel what the characters feel as they go through their adventures in love.
Laurie Kellogg’s A Little Bit of Déjà Vu delivers on both counts.
The heroine, Margie Bradford, a recently divorced widow, gets a second chance to be with the man she fell in love with but couldn’t have approximately twenty years before and yet can’t seem to forget—ex NFL quarterback Jake M...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
4.5 stars!!

Obviously this series is called redemption for a reason... I am definitely giving this a higher rating than the others I've read. By far this was the best story...

A woman who got pregnant & had an abortion (don't judge her... read the details in the book, which is a definite spoiler... not her fault!)
was in love with the baby's dad. He was a rising football star engaged to someone else... After some misguidance & trickery, they never see eachother again...

Until... She moves t...more
Kimberly Washington
I'm surprised no one mentioned the continuity issues with this book. The book opens with the initial relationship being 19 years ago, the daughter that is not the daughter from that relationship is heading on 18... so she met and married and got pregnant by her post "Jake" (the male lead) in a year or so... somethings just not right...

Then the son, Alex, says he hadn't seen his mom in 3 years, since he was 11, but now he's graduating high school, driving an Aston Martin and going away to college...more
Pam
A Little Bit of Déjà vu is book 1 in the Redemption series by Laurie Kellogg.

Margie Bradford, a widow and single mother, learns Jake Manion is living in the same town and teaching at the high school. She and Jake have a history. She got pregnant with his baby when she was just eighteen. She had a miscarriage but through the machinations of her mother and his father, he thought she aborted the baby because she didn’t love him. His quick marriage to Roxanne convinced Margie that he just used her...more
Tori  smexys_sidekick
An interesting premise...college lovers break up and go their separate ways, only find themselves connecting once again when their high school children come to them with some interesting news.

Not a bad story but the over empathises on the teenagers love making, the heroes tendency to verbally psychoanalysis everything, and the overall under development of the characters made it hard to connect with.
Tana
A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)

I found this book on amazon today free and started reading it right away. Let me say I was quite surprized how much I throughly enjoyed it.

Laurie Kellogg is a great author, the story was easy to read, has some great stories, it felt like I was reading two stories at once. It was very very good. Immediately I went and found more books written by Laurie and will definetly be reading more by Laurie Kellogg.

A Little Bit of Deja Vu is about long lost...more
Martha
There's a phrase about history repeating itself. Who would have thought that would be the case in the town of Redemption. Margie & Jake met when he was a college football player and she was just months away from graduating high school and weeks away from turning 18. Their one night of passion was the result of a misunderstanding and Margie became pregnant.

Years later Margie's daughter Emma and Jake's son Alex are attending the same high school and dating. The parents finally meet when the ki...more
Maria
Jayn Wilde
I grabbed this book during the first of its two day free promo and read it non-stop...then turned around and recommended it to everyone I knew! Yes, that's how much I liked it. :)
This particular story gave me my own sense of Deja Vu since I was 17 when I conceived my oldest child AND got married because of it.

I loved the characters and the two generations coming together the way that they did. They dealt with a myriad of emotions and situations that kept me engaged the entire time. I also liked...more
Sophia
I saw the blurb on this one and just could not resist. On occasion, I love quirky over the top story lines and this one decidedly fit the bill though later I'll mention how I kind of mistook the tone of the story.

The story is about two generations of a father and his son and a mother and her daughter having events repeat themselves. Jake and Maggie had a youthful fling with consequences that, due to outside interference and their own youth, caused the paths of their lives to go down a much diffe...more
Lizz
Okay.... I really wanted to love this book but.... It just seemed a little ... far fetched?at times. How in the world does an adult woman manage to get herself pregnant AGAIN by the same guy? And at the same time their KIDS are pregnant. I just felt as if I really had to stretch the bounds of my imagination to make this one work. I loved the IDEA of it. Still, that being said I liked the author's writing style and would probably read another of her books.
Emily
I really didnt think I'd like this book... Infact after reading The Parent Pact by Laurie Kellogg I liked it so much I looked at her other books n saw this one n thought... no thats not a book for me... but then it was Free on Amazon and wasnt sure what to read next so sitting on the train I took a chance and I realy enjoyed this. I honestly didnt think she'd be able to justify an abortion in my mind and honestly it didnt compleatly but it definitly was a great twist and would have been a really...more
janet keene
Great read!

Intriguing from the beginning. Written in a different era of wartime but addresses current problems of returning military personnel in this day and age.
Alone
From Read that also

A Little Bit of Déjà Vu is a book that made me feel exactly that. A Little Bit of Déjà Vu!!!! The plot was vaguely familiar. The story developed along the same beaten paths. Even the surprises were not surprising.
The language in the book is cool and clear. The narration is engaging. But the shallow and slim character list did not do any favor to the already weak plot. If only there was a little more of realism and depth, with the author's amazing grip over narration, the stor...more
Crystal
I really enjoyed this book. I can't imagine finding someone that I love and want to spend the rest of my life with and just because certain things happen to protect the one's they love they lose it. To have people working against you because they don't want to give you up for their own reasons.

There is always more than just one person to blame. I really loved how everyone had their own demons that they had to work through. It's very rare for children that are really young get married and make it...more
Nancy
Apr 20, 2012 Nancy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY!
Recommended to Nancy by: Laurie Kellogg
Shelves: favorites
Ms. Kellogg does it again! Another great story!

Margie Bradford is a reading specialist trying to move on with her life following her husband’s death. When she encounters Rocket Manion, a former NFL quarterback who broke her heart years ago. Jack Manion is a divorced teacher and football coach whose son announces that he knocked up his girlfriend. The girl's mother happens to be Maggie, whom Rocket has been pissed off at for over 20 years. In the midst of wedding arrangements Rocket tries to rek...more
Faye
I really wanted to give this 3.5 stars.
Maggie's life is shattered by the death of her pilot husband. She and her daughter move to Redemption, PA. Maggie has a reading therapist teaching position. Her daughter is a senior at the same school. Her daughter becomes involved with son of a person from her mother's past. The relationships are well defined and believable. The characters are generally well developed and generally enjoyable.
This was a quick and pleasant read with enticement to find out...more
Samantha
This was a great book that kept me wanting more. Maggie just doesn't understand how Jake feels about her, she couldn't see it, which drove me nuts and kept me reading and reading so I could finally find out if Maggie was going to give in or just walk away forever. The kids having a baby right out of high school was almost a deja vu for myself as I had my daughter a year after high school. It's a great book full of romance, comedy and the facts of life. It's definitely worth the read.
Joanne
My first novel by Laurie Kellogg. Enjoyed the characters and the romance. If you don't like or are opposed to explicit sex, you might want to skip this one. Believable, likeable, characters who discover their lives after growing up in the same town years back, and from opposite "social" classes, find that as adults, and 15 years of life away from their hometown, small town life may just offer more than big city life and careers. Would read more of Kellogg.
Kim Chappell
So funny how things work your. Maggie thinks she escaped her past till her daughter changes schools. the one person she has run from for years is now the father of Emma's boyfriend. Maggie has tried to forget about Jake and him getting her pregnant but now she can't avoid him. Emma has only been dating Alex about 8 months and when she gets pregnant it all hits the fan. 2 great love stories with some funny situations and some hot sex scenes. Great red, love it.
Brandi Kennedy
I liked this book and really enjoyed all the twists and turns of the story. I'm definitely planning to read more by this author.

I have to say though, I'm hoping I don't read about many more grown women who are still calling their mother "Mommy" all the time. I have two daughters, 9 and 3, and neither of them call me "Mommy" very often. So that was distracting for me because I found it unrealistic.

Other than that, though, I really did love the story!
Tricia
The reviews for this book are dead wrong!! This was a great book and I'll be recommending it!!
Poonam
Really enjoyed this cute love story.Loved the relationship between Jake and Margie as well as Alex with Emma too.Loved all the characters in this Redemption town.Loved the story right from start to end.Reading this makes want to read other books by this author.I always love reasding 'this another chance of love' stories between the hero and heroine.:D
Donna G
While I enjoyed the both the story and the characters in this book, I was a little put off by the amount of explicit sex in it. It is just not my style and I did not feel like it added to the story in any way. It felt like it was there just for the shock factor. Bottom line I would have enjoyed it much more if it were PG instead of R rated.
Latte
3.5 rating
Silly misunderstandings that annoyed me enough to keep from the extra half star. I'm not sure the teen love story angle belonged in this or should have had less emphasis. It took away from Maggie & Jake's story. A nice little read that wasn't the normal contemporary reconciliation storyline you more typically find out there.
Chrystina
I really liked this book :) It was a quick, easy read, but still really good. It had a lighthearted feel to it, even though it broached some difficult topics. The characters were really likable, and the romance was completely believable. I got it free on Amazon, so I didn't know what to think, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Brittany
I gave this 3 stars!

This series is called redemption for a reason. There is a lot of flashbacks & side stories and it's still easy to follow. The author did a great job going between all four main characters. This one was good book. But I'm unsure if I will read the others in the series.
Julianna
I really liked it. it was an interesting story with the parents having once been a couple, but having a falling out long ago and now how the families have to blend together because of a teen pregnancy between the two teens. it is a story of true love and forgiveness. will definitely read it again.
  • Hypnotic Seduction (Seduction Series, #1)
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • Husband Hunting 101
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Cafenova
  • Taking Charge
  • This Time Forever (Glebe Point Cay, #1)
  • The Candidate's Wife
  • Kiss Me, Dancer (Dance ‘n’ Luv, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • Heartfire
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Memories
  • Moonlight and Margaritas
  • Missing Pieces of My Forever-Heart
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift Series #2)
  • Set Up For Love
  • Seems Like Old Times
Laurie Kellogg is a two-time winner and seven-time nominee of the Romance Writers of America® Golden Heart® award, a winner of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association® Zola award, and a Romantic Times® American Title I finalist.

She began writing to avoid housework and has since resorted to naming the dust-bunnies multiplying as fast as real rabbits while she plots sensual love stories that are...more
More about Laurie Kellogg...
No Exchanges, No Returns (Return to Redemption, #4) The Great Bedroom War (Return to Redemption, #2) The Parent Pact (Return to Redemption, #3) The Memory of You (Return to Redemption, #0.5) A Heart Decision (The Return to Redemption, #5)